Peyton’s had the crud. I try not to let that be a big deal. Kids get sick…even kids who had cancer are allowed to get JUST.GET.SICK. But. Low-grade fever. Three words I really hate. I would guess those words induce some sort of PTSD reaction in me…my palms will get sweaty and my heart races…I [...]
I have three kids, each three years apart. Do you have any idea how hard it is to play a game with these three? The 11yo doesn’t want to play down the 5yo’s level and I swear he takes his revenge in listening to her moan the fact that she lost AGAIN…the 5yo finds her [...]
I’m a Blackberry girl, but I will admit to some serious app-envy when the IPhones came out. I would sit around with my friends who owned IPhones watching them plick around from app to app, shaking this and scrolling that. Jealousy is an ugly thing. But that was really it. I didn’t want it because [...]
Back in June, we moved into our new house in Georgia. Six days into it, I *thought* I saw a mouse or rat in the kitchen. Appropriate amounts of pants-crapping took place. Pest guy was contacted, no rodent was located or ever seen again. Food stopped being noshed on and it looked as though it [...]
My son got hit on for the first time. She walked by and looked at him and then said “I think you’re pretty hot.” He never quit smiling all evening. That is all. I can be found huddled in the back of my closet, swigging straight from the bottle and comfort eating Jelly Bellies.
Sometimes it just does not pay to even bother opening your eyes in the morning….. At 7:30 Rachael wakes me up. WAKES ME UP. We have to be out the door at 7:45 to get the girls to school on time. Apparently my alarm clock bothers her so she comes in and turns it off. [...]
Why no one should ever…I repeat…EVER…offer me a PTA position. Cause I just might take them up on it. And then? Armageddon. Or at least the school version of it. Dear 2009-2010 parents, I sure appreciate your misguided voting to elect me as your new PTA president. We are instituting a few possibly-not-totally-approved-by-administration changes to [...]
“You’re so strong” “I couldn’t do it” “I’m in awe of you” I can’t tell you how many times someone said or wrote these words to me over the past three years. Usually at the moments I felt the weakest, the least awesome, knowing that any moment I couldn’t do it anymore. Those words spurred [...]
I sent out a tweet not long ago asking “If you had to handwrite your blog, would you still blog?” I was surprised by how many people said that having to write out their posts would shut them down faster than a fat kid runs to cake. I’ve journaled since I was a child and [...]
Just in case you didn’t know. My kid had cancer. She was only two years old. She looked like this: She endured two and half years of chemotherapy and radiation treatment…she had to go through THIS: Yup, that’s a needle in her chest. Good times. Doesn’t THIS look like fun? And yes, she is strapped [...]
There is an armoire in my living room. The armoire in my living room is IN my living room because there is no room in my bedroom. There is a bookshelf (AKA “Dumping Grounds of the Gods”) that has to move from my bedroom to the living room. The bookshelf is six feet wide. So, [...]
Once upon a time, in the far away kingdom of Mar Raige, lived King Peter and Queen Anissa. They ruled a happy land, full of bountiful crops and peaceful peasants doing peaceful peasant-y type things. The King stayed busy, overseeing the safe passage of messengers from lands far and near and the profits of that [...]
My kids started school today. I KNOW! We start wicked early but that’s a really good thing because OHMYFREAKINGHECK do my kids need to be around some other kids. And out of my butt hair. Thursday was open house at their respective schools…the girls at the same elementary school and Nathaniel at *gulp* middle school. [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- KAT: Good way of explaining, and pleasant article to ob...
- Nina: Hi there everyone, it's mmy first go to see at ti...
- Togel Hongkong: I used to be suggested this web site by means of m...
- Adultfriends review: Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this web page dail...
- real fuck buddies: Everything is very open with a very clear clarific...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129