Eat ice cream = help sick kids. JUST that simple

Just in case you didn’t know.

My kid had cancer. She was only two years old.  She looked like this:

peyton.06.12.21.90She endured two and half years of chemotherapy and radiation treatment…she had to go through THIS:

peyton.06.09.26.01Yup, that’s a needle in her chest.  Good times.

peyton.07.06.05.11Doesn’t THIS look like fun?  And yes, she is strapped to a table.

peyton.08.05.05.02

Just one of what felt like a million hospital stays

peyton.06.10.14.03

Well, there were lots of laughing times too.

But NOW?

She is cancer-free and she started kindergarten last week as a healthy five-year-old, looking like this:

090617009

A lot of people had a hand in helping us get to this point.

Our doctors and nurses at All Children’s Hospital in St. Pete, FL being front and center in her cancer battle….a Children’s Miracle Network hospital.

Today, August 13, Dairy Queen is having their annual Miracle Treat Day and a portion of all sales of Blizzards will go to the Children’s Miracle Network hospital in YOUR area….your DQ = your hospital = your local kids getting the care they need and deserve.

Like Peyton.  They all deserve a chance at the best treatment and care they can receive.

I encourage you….no, I BEG you…go have ice cream.  Really? Do I need to beg you to EAT ICE CREAM?

And? If you don’t have a DQ near you, you can donate directly online to the Children’s Miracle Network.

, , , ,

17 Responses to Eat ice cream = help sick kids. JUST that simple

1. Sarcastica August 13, 2009 at 6:31 PM #

Gorgeous girl, she truly is a miracle. I will definitely have a blizzard today ;)

2. Issa August 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM #

I'm going for sure tonight. My kids will have DQ for dinner. For Peyton; for Redneckmommy's beautiful sons; for my husband's cousin Elise, who didn't make it to remission and for every other kid helped by the Miracle Network. They are on my donate list, just in general, but I'll send in some extra today.

3. Maura August 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM #

I'm going there for lunch today, no question. And maybe even later after dinner, too. ;-) Love what you're doing, girl. You and your beautiful daughter.

4. * TONYA * August 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM #

She's beautiful. This time I'll give you a giant cyber squeeze. Mmm, I think I suddenly have a craving for ice-cream.

5. pamela August 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM #

how inspiring! beautiful. beautiful little girl

6. Allison August 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM #

Done!!

7. Katie August 13, 2009 at 3:30 PM #

Fantastic & inspiring story! She is a beautiful girl & I wish her well in kindergarten and beyond!

8. Marinka August 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM #

She's gorgeous. I'm on my way to eat ice cream. I may have some extra, too, because I'm a giver, always thinking of other people.

9. Audrey August 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM #

I was looking for an excuse to go to DQ and you just provided it. Awesome!

But first, I have to wipe the tears of joy from my cheeks after reading your wonderful post about your beautiful daughter.

*hugs* for Peyton.

10. tena August 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM #

I will go drown my sorrows in ice cream right now!

11. AMomTwoBoys August 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM #

Those photos! GAH. And the final two with her smiling face. Gorgeous.

I'm pissed I don't have DQ near me, so I don't get ice cream, but since it's for a good cause I'll donate anyway.

For Peyton. xoxo

12. alotofnothing August 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM #

I'm so sorry you all had to go through that. I couldn't wish that on ANYone.

13. Janine August 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM #

Wow. That mesh head restraint thing is like a torture device. Like you need that when your kid is already going through cancer treatment. BTW – LOVE love love your new site!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks