The evolution of moving furniture

There is an armoire in my living room.

armoire

The armoire in my living room is IN my living room because there is no room in my bedroom.

There is a bookshelf (AKA “Dumping Grounds of the Gods”) that has to move from my bedroom to the living room.

bookshelf

The bookshelf is six feet wide.

So, the Laz-e-Boy monstrosity of manhood that Peter bought for himself when he had the bachelor pad has to go.

chair

The chair eats the living room.

couch

Once the chair moves….the couch can move to make room for the bookshelf…therefore making room for the armoire.

armoire

That sits in my living room.

The chair got moved this weekend (to the garage where my husband can still visit)…thank you, dear friends, that were forced to move my furniture while on your summer vacation.

chair

Now the couches can move around to accommodate the bookshelf, which leaves all the space needed to move the armoire.

armoire

That sits in my living room.

Even though the chair has a lovely new space in the garage.

Yet, the armoire? Still sits in the living room.

So. I’m at the point where I’m not sure whether to laugh and wonder how long we’ll just live around the armoire or to start taking bets on how long it will take us to finally move it.

BTW?  If I ignore the still-unopened moving boxes, they’ll go away, right?

*head-desking*  <—which means to bang your head on your desk. There. You learned something new today.  I like to feel like I didn’t just whine through the whole post and left you with something of value.

Also?  Let me share more pointlessness over at Aiming Low today.  I like to stay with a theme.

, ,

16 Responses to The evolution of moving furniture

1. Google August 14, 2014 at 2:31 PM #

Sooner or later, Google will find all new spam methods.
    20 percent of customers have the potential to spend five times as much
    as they do currently A relatively small amount of marketing
    effort creates the majority of output. And then on March 20,
    the world’s largest paid private blog network – BMR – announced that its vast network had been almost
    entirely de-indexed by Google, causing chaos in the internet marketing industries.

Google´s last post…Google

2. modular wardrobes February 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM #

Hello, You must have done an admirable job. I’m going to absolutely stumbleupon it plus in my personal opinion recommend to be able to my pals. I am sure they will be benefited from this site.

3. Karen Hartzell Graco August 28, 2009 at 7:40 PM #

Can I have your armoire? I'll trade you 3 more unopened moving boxes and a brand spankin new twin bed my 4yo daughter NEVER SLEEPS IN since we moved to GA!

PS…those book shelves are really nice…I need them too. lol

4. Assertagirl August 14, 2009 at 12:25 PM #

I have a bed in my office. The desk and bookcase need to move out of the office into the basement, then the bed can go in the right place in the room. But first, there is a table filled with miscellaneous junk and tools that has to go out to the garage. Then the bookcase and desk can go into the basement and the bed can go in the right place in the room.

5. AnissaMayhew August 12, 2009 at 9:10 PM #

*I* moved the living room furniture around today…hopefully it will spark some movement of the bookshelf on his part. I can hope, right?

6. AnissaMayhew August 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM #

I THINK your 42 " Sony would FIT in my armoire! It's almost a solution.

7. AnissaMayhew August 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM #

I need you to come here and help me. I haz teh vodkas as reward!!

8. CM's Granddaughter August 12, 2009 at 7:06 PM #

This sounds like me. Except in my house it's my husband's mail. A month of it. On the kitchen counter. Ugh.

9. Stephanie August 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM #

We moved our dining table to the garage for Carter's birthday party on JULY 10. It's now AUGUST 12. And it's still in the garage. I have to park outside. And we have no dining table in the house so that just tells you how many family dinners we eat together. heh.

Steph

10. Robin August 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM #

My theory is that unpacked boxes eventually unpack themselves or become invisible. Still waiting on one of the two to happen, two and a half years after our move.

11. alotofnothing August 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM #

I've had a dead TV sitting in my main hallway for 6 months. I hear ya, sister.

12. ali August 12, 2009 at 4:47 PM #

this is why I got rid of 95% of my belongings when we moved to Atl….I don't want to have to unpack it EVER or find homes for things.

13. Amo August 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM #

Hint: If you can get a friend to help you drag it to blog the view of the TV, it will disappear so damn fast you'll think you were robbed.

14. Amy@Atlanta with Kid August 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM #

Ok.. This is too much of the deja vu for me.. I have similar armoire that now stands in my son's bedroom that collect toys that nobody plays with. A La-Z-Boy chair that we bought out of sleep deprivation after brought baby home the first week that sits in a corner in my bedroom. Oh.. And I have 3 years old unpacked boxes of baby toys in my basement. My kids are in elementary school now. :)

15. AmazingGreis August 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM #

I still have unpacked moving boxes and I moved in March. I'm still waiting for the unpacking Fairy to come and do some work, she still hasn't arrived.

#aiminglow

• AnissaMayhew August 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM #

If that fairy shows up, you better tell her to get her happy ass over here!! I got work for her. #definitelyaiminglow