September 2003…waiting

September 2008…inspiring

peyton.08.10.05.09

September 2009…overcoming

090825026

September 2010…..

And what?

Will the Leukemia stay gone? Will it come back?

That’s LIFE with cancer.  You can NOT have the disease. I think it’s impossible to NOT have the fear.  The scars are forever.

The future is always hopeful, but never certain.

And for too many people, that is what they live with every day.

No child should have years of their life stolen while they’re undergoing chemotherapy, radiation and surgeries.

No parent should have to endure the pain of watching their child get sicker by the day.

No one should have to bury their child. EVER.

Yet every day new children are being diagnosed…some are winning the battle…even one lost is too many.

Please help me in raising awareness of Childhood Cancer this month.  I’ll be posting about different charities, organizations, kids…and you can do your part…you can read, you can donate, you can share your stories, you can encourage others to open their hearts and just listen.

Support our Childhood Cancer Awareness campaign by putting a badge on your blog, a twibbon on your Twitter avatar, posting on Facebook or just NOT ignoring it the next time you hear about it.

Childhood Cancer Awareness

, ,

13 Responses to September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. Here’s to many more Septembers with Peyton

1. Andrea October 3, 2009 at 1:40 PM #

Only just seeing this now but wanted to offer strength and support! KICK CANCER!!!!!

2. Trish September 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM #

AMEN! To many more years for you with Peyton and for all the other families going through this struggle.

I know it's halfway through, but I've got the button up on my blog. And I wanted to let you know you have a blogging award at my place!

3. Candy Belanger September 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM #

I'm always happy to help spread awareness so I added your badge to my blog. God bless your beautiful family.

4. georgie September 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM #

I will add the badge…my dad has cancer-it sucks BIG time….Peyton is so precious

5. Issa September 3, 2009 at 10:30 PM #

Added the badge to my blog. Will make sure to donate this month too.

6. momexperience September 3, 2009 at 2:51 PM #

Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl. She is truly a fighter! I am a big advocate for childhood cancer and have a friend that lost her son to Neuroblastoma this past spring. I have changed my avatar on Facebook and Twitter and will be posting at least once about it on my blog this month. I've been looking for a button to put on my blog and am so glad to finally find one. Will support this cause this month, and every month.

7. melissa/bostonmama79 September 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM #

what a beautiful girl and great cause!

8. DE Heather September 1, 2009 at 12:21 PM #

She has such a beautiful smile. Off to put the badge on my blog right now.

9. Hilly September 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM #

Brave, strong, beautiful child. I'm getting myself a banner for my blog right now, sweetie. :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Native Born » Blog Archive » September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. Here’s to many more Septembers with Peyton - September 3, 2009

[...] Friend and Unquestioned Diva, Ms. Anissa, has written a lovely post. Go read it. And spread the [...]

2. September Is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month | Dutch Blitz - September 2, 2009

[...] My friends Anissa’s daughter Peyton is currently in remission from Leukemia. If you want to know what you can do to support Childhood Cancer Awareness, read Anissa’s post. [...]