Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. Going forward, all further updates on my wife’s progress will be at www.hope4peyton.org –Peter
Bahamian water, dolphins, midnight buffets, and Mickey Mouse….all I have to do is finish 459023959 more loads
Sooooo, there are certain motivators that can inspire you to get things done. The thrill of a job completed just isn’t doing it for me anymore. Take laundry, for instance. One might think that just the fabulous smell of fresh clean clothing would be enough. Or maybe the knowledge that YES, those underwear are, in [...]
It’s been a year. A year since I handed Peyton her last dose of chemotherapy medicine and she downed it like a champ. A year since the clock started ticking….the one that counts off the days to five years. She’s finally gotten to the age where she’s got more days off-chemo than on-chemo in her [...]
So, I wrote this whole post about the horrors Peter put me through this weekend. Seriously. Home Depot…rakes…sweat…it was like the trifecta of hell. But, some great things came out of it. And by “great things”, I mean other than the spectacular AWESOME that is an arm cramp. Cause, if you haven’t had one? Try [...]
I need to learn to love my body. I’ve had this body for thirty-five years and it’s never fully made me happy. The shoulders are too broad. The hips are too narrow. The belly is too squishy. The feet are too wide. The legs are too short. The chins are too many. And I have [...]
Peyton had an oncology checkup on Tuesday. I had the pukes. They rescheduled it for Wednesday. I still didn’t feel like I was safe to be around the immune-compromised kids, so I canceled that one too. Now, we wait until next week to see her doctor and get her bloodwork. And I’m sort of relieved. [...]
Corporations would call it a “Team Building”. At Aiming Low, we call it “Times when you’d better wear a diaper cause chances are good you might pee a little”. (I don’t even watch The Office and this is funny…probably because I love Ali Martell…no, I REALLY love Ali Martell) I mean, come on, there’s not [...]
In case you were wondering if I was planning to leave Ralph Macchio up forever…know that I considered it….but decided that it was possible that it wasn’t as amusing for others as it is for me. Which, if I’m wrong, just let me know so I can post my 450-photo montage of Ralph from the [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- Fermin1992: This article is on 12 spot in google's search res...
- Essential oils: My family members always say that I am killing my ...
- walmart wedding invitations: > What if working on your own car or computer b...
- Standardshomehealth.Com: This is really attention-grabbing, You are a very ...
- book reviews: Hі, I'm Jerome. I surf tһe web tօο much, but ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014