Sooooo, there are certain motivators that can inspire you to get things done.

The thrill of a job completed just isn’t doing it for me anymore.

Take laundry, for instance.

One might think that just the fabulous smell of fresh clean clothing would be enough. Or maybe the knowledge that YES, those underwear are, in fact, clean…without the sniff test!  Even the lack of “I have nothing to wear” whining in the morning SHOULD be reason enough to desire to do laundry.

It isn’t.

It’s come to this:

Disney_Cruise

OH YEAH.  Thursday I’m getting on one of these shiny little numbers, a Disney Cruise Line ship for a few days with some with some other fun blogger ladies….no, not with my family…I know. I SUCK.

rf8-97_0B_500w

And they say I get to spend some time here…Castaway Cay.  I might get lost and stay a while. Not saying I will….just saying something could happen, you know?

But before I can get on the boat? I have to finish the laundry and a to-do list a mile long.  I might even time myself to see what I can do with the right motivation.

And?

The BEST.PART.EVER?

There’s a LOT of water involved in this trip.

Um…swimming, beaches, snorkeling…and they have denied my request to wear sweatpants during these outings.

I’m supposed to wear one of these:

153657_rsm_wWhich, I KNOW I just said I was going to think better about my body self-image. But seriously. I think we all know it’s going to feel a lot less:

SI_Swimsuit_with_Pashey_Necklace.42130657

and waaaay too much this:

Walrus-5458

Sexy, ain’t I?

, ,

45 Responses to Bahamian water, dolphins, midnight buffets, and Mickey Mouse….all I have to do is finish 459023959 more loads

1. www.myfabits.com March 8, 2015 at 3:53 AM #

These prices can add up to the countless numbers of lbs, making it a quite costly
    procedure. As a result the women with smaller dimension chests take optimum efforts to improve the
    size and type of their breasts. The product is effective in improving the quantity of blood flow to the
    cells and so, there is maximum blood supply, which
    permits the breast expansion processes.

http://www.myfabits.com´s last post…http://www.myfabits.com

2. Belle November 16, 2010 at 1:03 PM #

Hello

I’m from Holland. This boat is right new by us in the Eemshaven. When i look outside i see him. At night is it beautifull.

3. Anne Y November 20, 2009 at 8:58 AM #

Praying for you every second of every minute of every hour of every day until you return to us!

4. Sandy November 19, 2009 at 8:15 PM #

Thinking of you and praying for you. So many people out there are holding you in their hearts. We all look forward to seeing you back here and seeing pictures of you in off on a wonderful adventure.

Love to you and your family…

5. Angie November 19, 2009 at 6:05 PM #

God Bless you and your family your daughter made a milestone now show her you can to-FIGHTER prayers and hugs

6. AMomTwoBoys November 19, 2009 at 2:22 AM #

Dammit, Anissa. I wish you were on that boat right now.

7. Jennifer November 18, 2009 at 10:11 PM #

I don't know you personally, but am so touched by the love shown by so many people. I just know I would love you too. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting…please.

8. Meredith November 18, 2009 at 10:08 PM #

Praying for you here in Nashville,

9. Anti-Supermom November 18, 2009 at 9:42 PM #

I just remembered 'meeting' you at BlogHer. I can't pray hard enough that you are well and your family is well, by your side.

10. Liz November 18, 2009 at 9:11 PM #

Praying for you!!

11. Marcela November 18, 2009 at 8:16 PM #

Thinking of you, and sending prayers your way!

12. Bronnie November 18, 2009 at 8:15 PM #

hehe, this post made my day :) I am off on a beach-themed holiday soon and am not looking forward to the required attire!

I'm here through Ali Martell, I read what had happened on her blog, just wish you all the best, sending positive, sparkly thoughts your way.

Hugs for you and your family.

13. QuatroMama November 18, 2009 at 7:57 PM #

I keep waiting for you to crack a joke on twitter and make us all laugh. It's way too quiet without you…

You are in our prayers, thoughts, posts, tweets, and conversations. You are ONE LOVED MAMA.

Praying for your strength, as well as for your family. Praying also for all the medical staff involved. God is faithful!

14. threeboysandcounting November 18, 2009 at 7:35 PM #

i know we don't know each other, i have never even read your blog, but i heard about you on twitter and i just want you to know i am praying for you

15. moosh in indy. November 18, 2009 at 7:18 PM #

Good Hell I wish I were there to do your laundry for you. I wouldn't even drive your car. Just fold your laundry. Fold fold fold. And maybe make you biscuits, Everyone loves biscuits.
    Get better my love. The Internet isn't the same without you.

16. Rhonda (mimi) November 18, 2009 at 7:15 PM #

I am Steph's mom and I wanted you to know I am praying for you today. God is our healer. I am calling your name out to him.

17. Crystal November 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM #

A stranger in NC is thinking and praying for you!

Get Well Soon

18. Lesha November 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM #

Anissa, I've been thinking of you all day. Get better, keep fighting, and recover quick.

19. tanyetta November 18, 2009 at 6:01 PM #

I found your blog through twitter!—Your post and upcoming trip Sounds like a really fun time! Sending happy thoughts your way!

20. Pattie November 18, 2009 at 5:43 PM #

Yet another stranger here who came by way of Heather Spohr's blog. Praying for you and your family.

21. Earth_Mommy November 18, 2009 at 5:42 PM #

Anissa, we've never met. We've tweeted a few times and I was hoping to get to TypeAMom for your famous hugs, but it didn't work out. But, next event, I promise to be your Number One stalker *smoochies and hugs and love* Get well soon, ok? If the family needs anything, I'm only four hours away.

22. Teri Lea November 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM #

You and your family are in our prayers. Sending you long distance hugs!

23. Erin November 18, 2009 at 4:45 PM #

Just heard what happened and am thinking and praying for you and your family constantly. You will not leave my thoughts and I will come back to check on you often. Speediest of recoveries for you, our dear friend.

24. HomeValley November 18, 2009 at 4:24 PM #

Get well soon! We've never met, but I am pulling for you here in Philadelphia.

25. Shannon November 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM #

Anissa – Thinking of you down here in Louisiana. Get well soon. We all miss you!
    Shannon – @Cajun_Mama

26. kyooty November 18, 2009 at 3:32 PM #

praying and hoping all goes well.

27. Leslie November 18, 2009 at 3:31 PM #

Your friend Heather Spohr wrote about you today. Just wanted to let you know that a stranger from Washington D.C. is thinking of you and your family and praying for a swift recovery.

28. jennifer November 18, 2009 at 2:01 PM #

There will always be time for another cruise. Just get well. Sending prayers your way.

29. georgie November 18, 2009 at 1:42 PM #

While I know we don't know each other, I just wanted to let you know I am Praying for you

30. amanda November 18, 2009 at 12:41 PM #

Still thinking about you, sweets.

31. BK@SymphonyofLove November 18, 2009 at 8:47 AM #

Sending you positive thoughts and may you be blessed with all the goodness!

32. Bree November 18, 2009 at 8:25 AM #

Sent from ChildsPlayx2 and praying…

33. Shannon November 18, 2009 at 6:34 AM #

Loving on you over here in Oklahoma. Sending many prayers your way. Hang in and fight, my friend.

34. Amanda November 18, 2009 at 6:29 AM #

Anissa :*( YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS ((((HUGS))))))

35. ClassyMommy November 18, 2009 at 3:26 AM #

Anissa – You've been in my thoughts all day as I looked forward to turning into a Disney Diva with you & have been daydreaming about our mommyblogger escape and "Day at Atlantis Beach" together. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sending you love.

36. ExtraordinaryMommy November 18, 2009 at 3:13 AM #

Anissa – friend – praying. Hugs and love and all that other mushy stuff you would roll your eyes at – if I was standing right in front of you…..

xoxo Danielle

37. Momisodes November 18, 2009 at 12:55 AM #

Jealous! I hope you have a fabulous time. And I totally feel like the walrus these days…complete with long whiskers and ugly teeth.

38. The Broke Socialite November 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM #

You are HILARIOUS! I can't wait to hang.

39. Carly November 16, 2009 at 9:44 PM #

OMGosh, I'm totally going to be picking your brain. We're going on the Disney Wonder in January (our first cruise). Except your trip will be better because I'm going with 50 bazillion family members (no, I'm not exaggerating — we've booked almost half the ship) Including my ten y.o. boy who I'm convinced is going to go "Look, dolphins! *splash* Man overboard!

I'm totally excited-nervous-flipping out. Soooo excited to know you're going too — will you send me any tips/advice you can think of?

40. AmazingGreis November 16, 2009 at 3:24 PM #

I'm so totally jealous about you going on a cruise, without me! But, have fun, get lots of sun and enjoy the water!!!!

41. Janna November 16, 2009 at 3:04 PM #

You can do it!

Now my picture would have been of a whale, not a walrus…

42. Melissa (MBonn) November 16, 2009 at 2:49 PM #

Lucky! And believe you me your are totally hot enough to rock a swimsuit proudly. And anyway there's going to be other people wearing things they shouldn't even be allowed to look at. And with swimsuits it's just like running from bears; as long as you're not last you're good! And thee's no way you'll be last- you're too damn good looking!

43. Melissa November 16, 2009 at 2:31 PM #

AWESOME! I am so jealous! Have fun and OWN that swimsuit, girl! ;p

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Open Letter #9 : The Megalomaniac Mommy - September 2, 2010

[...] have a stroke, land in a coma and wind up in the ICU when she’s supposed to be departing on a Bahamian Cruise with other bloggers [...]

2. Commitment: When Is It Not OK? | Elementary Spirits| Professional Homeschool Mom Blog - November 21, 2009

[...] and beat cancer. She has a lot of great posts on her site. The one that struck me the most was her last. She was frustrated with laundry, getting ready to go on mommy blogging sponsored cruise with [...]