Happy First Anniversary, Peyton

It’s been a year.

A year since I handed Peyton her last dose of chemotherapy medicine and she downed it like a champ.

A year since the clock started ticking….the one that counts off the days to five years.

She’s finally gotten to the age where she’s got more days off-chemo than on-chemo in her lifetime.  It was a bitter imbalance there for a while.

For four years and 364 days we say Peyton’s “off-treatment”.

Then with a flurry of fairy dust and magical unicorns, she wakes up on that five year mark and she’s “cured”.

THEN we can SAY she’s cured.  Of cancer.

But today when I got those numbers in my hand and saw how good they are, I couldn’t stop myself from dancing in my heart that for another two months she’s cured in my mind.

Year one down, baby girl.

Just four more to go.

091108080p

, , , ,

34 Responses to Happy First Anniversary, Peyton

1. Tricia November 19, 2009 at 2:12 PM #

The year mark does something for us mom's even when there isn't a five year date set out there. With my girl there is not a cut off point and it is not if, but when she will get sick again and yet the one year mark set me free from that worry in so many ways. I am praying for you. God bless.

2. Monique November 15, 2009 at 10:07 PM #

Peyton is a miracle-she is so strong and brave, traits directly inherited from her mother. Leukemia doesnt stand a chance, and those 5 years will be here before you know it.~Love Monique

3. brittany November 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM #

KISSES ALL OVER ALL OF YOU!

Seriously, it makes me heart jump around and be all giddy!

4. Beverly November 14, 2009 at 12:02 AM #

Wonderful news! Peyton jut keeps looking stronger and stronger!

Love the hair!

5. Leah @Bookieboo November 13, 2009 at 10:00 PM #

I had no idea. Congratulations!

6. tena November 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM #

makes me so happy!

7. Momisodes November 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM #

That is such wonderful news! I cannot stop from smiling inside and out.

I am just thrilled for you all. Peyton is truly amazing.

8. Jac@WuzzleMakesThree November 13, 2009 at 12:21 AM #

Congrats!! 1 year out is GREAT news! Absolutely FABULOUS news!

9. cindy w November 12, 2009 at 11:33 PM #

That is fantastic news. So happy for you, Peyton, & the rest of your family.

10. Janna November 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM #

Amazing! Yay!

11. Shnerfle November 12, 2009 at 10:17 PM #

Mazel Tov Peyton!

12. Alicia @ bethsix November 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM #

Yay, Petyton!

13. alotofnothing November 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM #

WOOOOOOOTY WOOOOOT!

14. AprylsAntics November 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM #

Happy happy joy joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. ClassyMommy November 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM #

Wonderful news for Peyton and all of you. I'm so happy to read about this 1 year anniversary when I stopped by today. Excited to meet you on the Disney Cruise and spend a Day at the Atlantis beach together :) xo colleen

16. AmazingGreis November 12, 2009 at 5:42 PM #

So excited and happy for you and PEYTON!!!! XOXO

17. Angella November 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM #

Happy One Year!!

18. MommyGeek November 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM #

This is WONDERFUL news. I'd do a little dance too.

19. Jennifer Parke November 12, 2009 at 3:50 PM #

She is amazing, you are amazing and what a reason to celebrate.

Life with cancer is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. I'm going thru it with my father, my brother-in-law and my mother-in-law, I couldn't even imagine what it would be like with one of my babies fighting this battle.

Kiss that baby girl daily. Celebrate with ice cream, cotton candy and everything sparkly you can find!

20. mommabird2345 November 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM #

Happy Day, Happy Day!! Go get some ice cream. I am so happy for you all. :)

21. MommaKiss November 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM #

Kids totally rock, and yours is a champ! CONGRATS – may the next 4 years be just as good.

22. Karen Chatters November 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM #

Way to go Peyton!! What a huge relief for you. That is most excellent news!

23. Grumble Girl November 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM #

Yay!!! That is awesome news… break out the champagne, babe – and make it pink! xox

24. thepsychobabble November 12, 2009 at 2:57 PM #

I'm so glad to hear that the numbers came back good:) Congratulations you guys!

25. Shauna November 12, 2009 at 2:31 PM #

Yay!! What an awesome anniversary.

Much Love.

26. magda November 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM #

Yes! I am so happy for Peyton and the rest of Mayhew family! This is truly something to celebrate. Hugs and kisses are in order all day long. I look forward to celebrating more years like this. xoxoxo

27. MarinkaNYC November 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM #

THis made my day yesterday, and today too. Love you.

28. Kim ~ Craftymamaof4 November 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM #

I am so happy for you :)

29. Elizabeth November 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM #

Congratulations! I can't imagine what it must feel like.

30. Maria November 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM #

WOOOO PEYTON!!!! Congratulations!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Hope for Anissa « Toddler Planet - November 27, 2009

[...] her family’s fight — at a blog called Hope4Peyton.org. Together, they battled cancer, and won. Peyton just celebrated her one-year anniversary of the completion of treatment, and cheers were heard around the blogosphere, in support of her, [...]

2. Mommin’ It Up! » This week in the blogosphere - November 20, 2009

[...] their youngest daughter was diagnosed with leukemia and just recently celebrated having been off chemo for one year. They seriously didn’t need [...]

3. Hope for Anissa « Mothers With Cancer - November 18, 2009

[...] fight — at a blog called Hope4Peyton.org. Together, they battled cancer, and won. Peyton just celebrated her one-year anniversary of the completion of treatment, and cheers were heard around the blogosphere, in support of her, [...]

4. Aiming High : Extraordinary Mommy - November 18, 2009

[...] has three amazing, beautiful, resilient children. Just last week, her youngest, Peyton, hit an amazing milestone: one year cancer [...]