I’ve seen a lot of fun people.  People have come to help me ace rehab and learn to be a full person again.

But they have each brought something different to the game.

There’s been someone who puts her hand in my face and shoves.

There’s been two someones full of good tales and gossip.

There’s been someone who doesn’t really like people.

There’s been someone that has a GPS possessed by the devil.

I have loved each one.

The laughter has hardly stopped.  Even face down in the sheets.  In a non sexy way.

Really.

I know these girls were all a part of my healing.  They pulled for me to work harder and to be the best at what i could be.

I have always had incredible friends, with ways of making me laugh and pants I will try to steal.

I know what true love looks like.

Loyalty has a face.

26 Responses to people that help are so important. especially if they’re helping you do really hard stuff. like yoga. and making bread.

1. Boston Mamas April 14, 2010 at 12:35 PM #

There is so much love around you, my friend. It’s a gift. A deserved one. xoxo
    .-= Boston Mamas´s last blog ..Dear Boston Mamas: Boston Area Family Photographers =-.

2. DE Heather April 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM #

Damn, all these people setting the bar all high for me before I get there. But I will be so happy to see you!
    .-= DE Heather´s last blog ..Looking into those eyes =-.

3. Brittany April 14, 2010 at 9:46 AM #

I would go to the ends of the world for you SWEETS. And have the BEST gossip ever, you know I live for that shit.
    .-= Brittany ´s last blog ..About Wyatt. =-.

4. defendUSA April 14, 2010 at 7:33 AM #

Yes, Indeed. Loyalty has a face. When I worked in the hospital, I got to see it, up close and personal. One day, I entered a patient’s room where his wife, who was in her 80′s was dressed to the nines. Hubby had just returned from the john as I entered. His hospital jams were all askew and his naked, wrinkly old bum was on display. She hopped out of her chair, walked over to her husband, planted a kiss on his cheek and as she tied the gown shut said, ‘Let me get that for you.” In that one moment, I saw my whole life and felt so much love for my life and what I hoped I would have when I was her age.

Loyalty does have a face and I hope I never lose it. Have a great day!!

5. ghemitt April 14, 2010 at 5:51 AM #

You are so brave and inspiring! Go Anissa!

6. Angella April 13, 2010 at 11:20 PM #

“Loyalty has a face.”

Amen.
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..Just ‘Cuz =-.

7. Faiqa April 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM #

I loved reading this. I’ve missed you. And am supremely, absolutely, incredibly delighted that you have the support you need and deserve.

8. uthostage April 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM #

It’s so awesome that you have so many people there for you. Family and friends make all the difference in the world. :)
    .-= uthostage´s last blog ..If you can get past the effing Mormons, it’s all good. =-.

9. Chibi Jeebs April 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM #

So glad you’ve had so much help/company! :)

Also? So wish I were closer and/or made of money so I could come help, too. <3
    .-= Chibi Jeebs´s last blog ..Headachey? Seasonal allergies? =-.

10. LindsayDianne April 13, 2010 at 3:57 PM #

I feel that I could never do anything without a strong support group behind me. And while I’ve never had to do anything so hard as what you’ve been through, I know that someone in your position would need that core group even more.
    If we can’t laugh, share, care, hold one another and SHOVE when it’s needed… we’re nothing. What is life, at the end, but a series of moments. And what are those moments if they’re not shared!

11. drlori71 April 13, 2010 at 3:56 PM #

You are amazing and a true inspiration.
    .-= drlori71´s last blog ..Goodbye Bunny Foo Foo =-.

12. Andrea April 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM #

Love this! So glad to hear recovery is going well. Hoping to see you at Blogher!

13. toywithme April 13, 2010 at 3:51 PM #

Although I don’t know you I just wanted to say I think you are truly an amazing woman. The vast amount of friends you have speaks volumes. Thanks for sharing – Sandy :)
    .-= toywithme´s last blog ..One Dildo, Two Fists, and a Night at the Bar =-.

14. Kat April 13, 2010 at 3:50 PM #

I am pretty sure I have never commented before or tweeted (although I follow you). I just want you to know that I am amazed by your strength. Keep it up. Amazed, you hear me, amazed.
    .-= Kat´s last blog ..Three Days of Awesome (and for once I am not being sarcastic) =-.

15. Rook April 13, 2010 at 3:49 PM #

I love you, lady. And I’m so happy that you have people to stick by you through this.

.-= Rook´s last blog ..Things I have said that would pretty much seem completely out of line if you didn’t know the people I hang out with. =-.

16. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] April 13, 2010 at 1:22 PM #

I need to start writing down the gossip to bring to you in June. Or, we could make up our own gossip to spread on the internets that week.
    .-= Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last blog ..I’m a lovely shade of green, but in a good way-ish =-.

17. Dawn April 13, 2010 at 12:05 PM #

hm. I’m not sure I had too many good tales and gossip, so I must be the one who hates people :)

18. Karl April 13, 2010 at 11:53 AM #

Wish I could just slip up to Atlanta for a few days and pay you a visit. I could use me some Anissa time, laughs, hugs, boobs, etc. :)
    .-= Karl´s last blog ..When the Morning Comes =-.

19. Miss Grace April 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM #

We all love you. Hard.
    .-= Miss Grace´s last blog ..MOAR PIKSHURS! =-.

20. Hockeymandad April 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM #

If you want my pants, just ask. No need to steal. I’ll mail them to you or send them with the wife when she comes in June.

You’re doing a great job by the way. Keep up the great work, even though its hard, you’re doing a great job.
    .-= Hockeymandad´s last blog ..Chef Hockeymandad =-.

21. Monica Brady April 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM #

Wish I was closer to you! I’d love to see you! Keeping you in my thoughts always!
    .-= Monica Brady´s last blog ..14 days until Earth Day.. =-.

22. Lori V. April 13, 2010 at 9:44 AM #

You know you always have our help – only a few houses away. hugs sweetie!
    .-= Lori V.´s last blog ..Mamavation Monday – Goals complete! =-.

23. Amanda Benjamin April 13, 2010 at 9:43 AM #

I am soooo happy to be reading your words. Makes me feel like I’m there again…laughing and crying and crying and….oh did I mention Crying? Y God?!
    As old as we get u know what we are gonna remember the most?????
    That I am a huge cry baby with a small bladder! That is what we r taking from this…. nothing but tears and tinkles!

24. Julie April 13, 2010 at 9:42 AM #

You are amazing!

25. AmazingGreis April 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM #

Wishing I was closer so that I could stop by and see you and help. For now I keep you in my thoughts daily. So proud of your strength and the strides you are making in your recovery!!

XOXO
    .-= AmazingGreis´s last blog ..Weekly Winners, April 4-10 =-.

26. Desera April 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM #

I’m so glad that you are having fun moments in your recovery! I wish that I could be a part of it, but for now, I pray and love you from afar :-)