I woke up just a few months ago. It was unclear and confusing, I didn’t realize my body didn’t work yet.

But i loved the people coming to visit me.  Some, i don’t remember.  Some, I was too tired to see. Some, made me laugh. Some, memories faint but still memorable.

They were the voices that I woke up to. The faces that brought me smiles. They were the hands that wrapped around me.  The lips that made me hear “safe”.

Precious gifts were given in the forms of their arms.

They worked so hard to bring me back to life.

They never gave up on me, never stopped trying.

They are the reasons I’m in my living room today.

23 Responses to people were really nice to me. they treated me well. apparently i owe them money now.

1. Lisa April 24, 2010 at 2:03 AM #

What a beautiful post.

2. Aimee Greeblemonkey April 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM #

Welcome back, lady.

3. Dawn Tucker April 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM #

You see, all those prayers got answered. You’re safe, you’re loved and you’re back with your family. Bet your living room looks pretty good.

Still praying for more though……..

4. Carissa April 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM #

You owe them money huh? I’m thinking they won’t take it… and if they do… um… they won’t. The end.

So glad to see you on the twitter stream and especially to hear your humor in 140 characters. I missed you.

How is your family through all this? Geez girl…. what a crazy ride you’ve had!

5. Angella April 19, 2010 at 10:30 AM #

I would have come to see you if I weren’t so far away. So, SO happy that you’re home.
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..Second Verse, Same As The First =-.

6. Jennifer April 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM #

We met only once. At that Today Show thing back in October. You encouraged me to start my own blog. I called you “Amy” and asked you to take a picture of me and my kids with Darlene Rodriguez. When Amy Oztan (SelfishMom) emailed us all that you had had a stroke the day before the interview aired, I cried. While you were in the coma I lurked from afar (all the way up here in NY), reading all of Peter’s posts and getting to know your family and friends and praying for your recovery. Now you are home in your living room, being snarky and wonderful. I am absolutely in awe of you and your strength and determination. I am also in awe of your wonderfully supportive family and friends. I don’t think you will ever know how many people love and are pulling and praying for you. Oh, and BTW, I took your advice and started my own blog. Thanks for the encouragement.

And keep on keepin’ on!!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Hotel-ing it. =-.

7. Rita Arens April 19, 2010 at 9:59 AM #

I’m glad you’re in your living room, too!
    .-= Rita Arens´s last blog ..Back Away From Your Child’s Schooling, Rita =-.

8. Suz April 19, 2010 at 9:36 AM #

Glad I was able to lurk/pray in your hospital room. Even happier to lurk with you at home :)

9. jay April 19, 2010 at 9:25 AM #

You don’t know me; I’m one of those quiet lurkers. And I’m so frigging pleased to know I can finally give up lurking in your hospital room, and lurk with you in the comfort of your living room.
    .-= jay´s last blog ..Mad Slow Growing Tot Ramble =-.

10. Miss Grace April 19, 2010 at 12:37 AM #

It makes me so happy that you are home with your family.
    .-= Miss Grace´s last blog ..Good Enough =-.

11. bluecottonmemory April 18, 2010 at 10:44 PM #

I am so happy you are in your living room – that God sent arms to wrap around you, smiles to encourage! And I am so happy you are writing again! You are an amazing woman – so blessed and strong!
    .-= bluecottonmemory´s last blog ..Dandelion Dreams in White Organza =-.

12. Becky April 18, 2010 at 6:56 PM #

Ditto to what Christy said. As a stranger who didn’t start reading you until the second stroke, I was cheering you from Alabama. I am so glad that you are home and now in the arms of you children and husband. Keep at it Anissa you are doing great!

13. emma April 18, 2010 at 6:41 PM #

So happy that you’re in your living room. I’m grateful for the community of people that support you, and all of us, through moments or days/weeks/years of challenges. They confirm the beauty of humanity.

And I hope someday to give you a hug myself. We’ve never met, and I’d just started reading your blog a few weeks before your veins decided to put on a fireworks display without your permission, but following your journey, and Peter’s, is an honor full of laughter and tears.

14. Mandi Bone April 18, 2010 at 5:45 PM #

Even my family who doesn’t think that internet friends are “real” friends ask about you and how you are doing.
    .-= Mandi Bone´s last blog ..ROAD TRIP! =-.

15. mommabird2345 April 18, 2010 at 5:15 PM #

So happy that you are home with your family, in your living room. Hugs to you.

16. The Mayor April 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM #

I met you while you were in great crisis and then in a coma. I pray for your total recovery and return to an even fuller life.

Keep at Anissa.

17. AmazingGreis April 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM #

We are all with you always, never giving up. Miss you!

XOXO
    .-= AmazingGreis´s last blog ..Weekly Winners, April 4-10 =-.

18. Christy April 18, 2010 at 3:48 PM #

For each of the friends that visited you there were dozens, perhaps hundreds, more who wished they could as well. Never doubt that you are loved.
    .-= Christy´s last blog ..Whip It =-.

19. Lindsey April 18, 2010 at 3:27 PM #

It is awe inspiring to me that you are blogging now, I remember doing one of the meditation things that someone started on Twitter, I set my phone and at the same time as hundreds of other people, I stared at your picture and I willed it that you woke up. And here you are, blogging and being funny again. IT’S AMAZING. It makes me SO HAPPY.
    .-= Lindsey´s last blog ..A weekend =-.

20. Muskrat April 18, 2010 at 3:15 PM #

I wanted to visit but was told I couldn’t. Next time, I’ll just show up. Hope to see you out and about in the ATL soon!

21. Rook April 18, 2010 at 3:14 PM #

I’m glad that you’re in your living room. I’m glad that you’re blogging regularly.

I didn’t know you before the second stroke. I got to know you while you were sleeping for a month, through various blogs, spending hours reading them. Taking the time to get to know you, your kids, and your husband through each entry.

And I’m glad I get to read the new blogs now.

It’s nice. Thanks for letting me get to know you.
    .-= Rook´s last blog ..For good health rub your face on a wooden floor for 15 minutes =-.

22. Editdebs April 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM #

So happy you’re in the living room and getting stronger every day. Friends! What would we do without them.

23. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] April 18, 2010 at 3:11 PM #

With you.

Always.
    .-= Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last blog ..I think of all of you while I’m naked. =-.