I talked dreams with my husband last night.  The confusing and nonsensical dreams that filled my sleeping coma days.

i remember them.

Dreams of theater that can’t finish, of westerns that don’t die,  there are big glass rooms with music that never finish, and there was someone who was done and getting ready to leave who stopped to help another person and then they were trapped.

I saw faces of my loved ones.  I saw faces that were unclear until I was awake.  I saw faces very important playing baseball.

In my dreams.

For my life.

I had a dream last night.  It woke me out of my sleep.

I had to get myself up out of the bed myself. There were clothes that had to be donned.  Being quiet and fast isn’t easy with one half.

But mostly there was that dream.

There was a school with long, long hallways. i rolled down them in my wheelchair checking out the signs.  I read as I pushed the wheel with my hand and also used my foot to steer.

At the end of the dream I was leaving the school. Goodbye to the papers and announcements.  At the doors I stood up and packed away my wheelchair, using both arms to get in the car trunk.

I stood up.

I used both my arms.

I want this dream to come true.

It was a good dream.

, ,

47 Responses to sometimes i have dreams. but i’m not martin luther king, jr. not THOSE kinds of dreams.

1. Body Combat DVD May 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM #

great good…this post warrants nothing :( …hahaha just joking :P …nice post :P

2. IzzyMom April 15, 2010 at 8:21 PM #

What’s that corny expression about dreams?

Oh yeah…

“If you can dream it, you can do it”

Suddenly, it doesn’t seem so corny…probably because even though I didn’t dream it, I KNOW you can do it. And you will.

3. polwig.com April 12, 2010 at 3:11 AM #

That is a great dream. All dreams can come true with a strong will.

4. emma April 11, 2010 at 2:01 AM #

I happen to think that dream rocks. The only thing that would make it better would be some sort of sensual ending, or maybe that's just how I want all my dreams to end…

Hang in there Anissa!

5. Casey April 10, 2010 at 7:28 PM #

I believe that dream will come true someday for you!

6. @KristineBrite April 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM #

I don't know you Anissa, just started following you in December. But, pretty much, you kick ass. Your dream gave me chills, and your description of what you saw in your coma. Wow. Deep stuff.

7. pharmgirl April 10, 2010 at 5:22 PM #

Premonitions come as dreams.
    I'm just saying…

8. uthostage April 10, 2010 at 5:48 AM #

It will come true. I truly believe it will. :)

9. Mrs. Flinger April 10, 2010 at 5:08 AM #

You will. I have that dream, too.

10. Cindy April 9, 2010 at 11:55 PM #

Praying your dream comes true ~ soon!

11. MommaKiss April 10, 2010 at 1:31 AM #

"Dreams be freakin me out!" That's what my 4 year old said to me one day. My mom, tho, she taught me that dreams come true if you want them to. Yours? It will.

12. Sunnie in NC April 10, 2010 at 1:15 AM #

It will come true…just keep fighting the fight Anissa!!

13. Dawn Tucker April 9, 2010 at 11:09 PM #

Wow Anissa, I've been away over Easter but I'm not sure how I completely missed you're back writing. Do you know how much that rocks. BIG TIME!! Just caught up with everything and I'm amazed at you girl. You're one awesome human being – everyone thinks so. You can feel that coming through all the comments your getting. Some totally crack me up and some make me want to cry. I guess that just relects your life at the moment. I'm sorry things are not easy for 6 yr olds or 36 yr olds in your house (not to mention the others!) but I'm praying they will get easier each day. Keep dreaming those good dreams and I'm sure they will all come true soon enough.
    Sending love to you all across the pond.

14. Grumble Girl April 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM #

I think this dream can happen… I know I'm not the only one still thinkin' and wishin' on this to happen. You can do it. Totally. We're all rooting for you so hard, lady.

Thanks for sharing it… xox

15. Meghan (AMomTwoBoys) April 9, 2010 at 10:57 PM #

That dream is better than my dream of us being in a parade with elephants. Though you were marching, so that would be nice too.

Love you.

16. Susan April 9, 2010 at 10:54 PM #

I have absolute faith in you and your dreams.

17. Malia April 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM #

What an awesome dream! I hope, hope, hope, hope that it comes true for you!

18. LuAnn April 9, 2010 at 10:37 PM #

You will absolutely live that dream. You have come so far, I am in awe of you.

19. katie | motherbumper April 9, 2010 at 10:31 PM #

And here I was waiting for a dream where you are giving a speech and suddenly realize you are in your underwear. This dream though? This one will come true because I know how you operate. xo

20. casey April 9, 2010 at 10:30 PM #

i'm confident that dream can come true. i have a client who was in a terrible car accident where a few of her friends died. she was in a coma and everyone pressured her mother to "pull the plug." her mom refused. she was trapped in that coma for many months and then came out. when she did, she had to re-learn to do EVERYTHING. no lie, EVERYTHING. they told her she'd never drive, never have kids, never this, never that.

she proved every single one of those people wrong. now, obvi you have a massive support system of people who think the opposite-they KNOW you can do all that great stuff. so if she can do it with everyone rooting against her, i promise you can do it with everyone rooting in your favor. i won't lie, i've seen how long it can take, but it IS possible. and i believe you have the necessary tenacity. good luck to you. i prayed for you and yours during the entire ordeal and i will continue to do so. blessings to you and yours!!

21. toywithme April 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM #

Thanks for sharing your dream. I hope one day soon it becomes reality for you :)

22. Supa Dupa Fresh April 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM #

Yeah, yeah, nice dream, but can we do Eat Kittens Friday even BEFORE it comes true? Cause I'm HONGRY.

X

Supa

23. Erin Pyle April 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM #

Wow. That's deep lady. Thank you so much for sharing your dreams. You can do it. It will come true. I just know it.

24. 5minutesformom April 9, 2010 at 4:41 PM #

The fact that you are here typing a post telling us about the dreams you had while we were waiting and praying for you is a true dream come true!!!!

I believe all your dreams will come true.

~Susan

25. Jessica April 9, 2010 at 7:36 PM #

You saw the future in that dream. And that school you were leaving was the world you experienced while you were recovering the right side of your body. And what an education. Thank you for writing this – it gave me chills. My prayer of intention for you is that you will have these dreams until the day you walk and use your right arm as God intended for you. And then you can start dreaming about other things. Amen

26. tricia April 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM #

That would be a great dream to come true. Sometimes in the midst of my life, and the baby steps toward wholeness my daughter takes, I don't recognize that she is truly making progress until I replay months worth of our life to a doctor. Then, the hand of God healing her is more evident. I am guessing you are in a similar spot, and will look back soon to see the huge progress you have made. I am praying for you.

27. Miss Grace April 9, 2010 at 5:13 PM #

It will come true.

28. mommabird2345 April 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM #

That is a wonderful dream. You are amazing. I believe that dream will come true.

29. Fairly Odd Mother April 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM #

You have already overcome so much. I hope your dream comes true too.

30. Angella April 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM #

You make me smile, Anissa. I believe in your dream.

31. Otir April 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM #

I am a firm believer that the brain has ways we don't understand the least, ways to heal itself and find unconventional bypasses if something was damaged. Your dream is telling you that in many ways. Keep visualizing to train your brain to make new connections.

My prayers go to you and your complete and speedily healing.

32. Desera April 9, 2010 at 2:51 PM #

A great dream that is a sign of things to come for you! I believe that and pray for that every day. You will get there, I'm sure of it!

33. alotofnothing April 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM #

I felt your arm work. I saw your leg lift.

You will get there.

I'm a psychic, so you can believe me.

Or was it psychotic….

34. Holly W April 9, 2010 at 2:41 PM #

If anyone can make dreams come true, it is you girl! Love ya

35. Kim@beautifulwreck April 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM #

I believe it will happen for you. My father was paralyzed on his left side and was told he would not be able to use it again. His parents took him home as a young man determined that would not be his fate and it wasn't. It took time, but he regained most of his function. He walks with a limp and that is all. He had a brain injury, and over time I guess with all the therapy it just found a different way to work. Now he is crazy, but my grandmother said that was an improvement. ;)

36. Kathee April 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM #

That is a fantastic dream! Keep dreamin', Anissa!!

37. Lisa April 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM #

I hope your dream comes true. Keep pushing for it.

38. Maya April 9, 2010 at 1:11 PM #

This dream will come true Anissa. We know just what a warrior you are. sending you much love.

39. Donna Patterson April 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM #

Praying and believing that it will come true too!!

40. Janice-5 Min for Mom April 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM #

It WILL happen girl! Our dream was to read your posts again — and it came true!!! :) HUGS

41. Rhonda April 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM #

Dreams do come true, Anissa! So many have already, keep that faith.

42. Becky April 9, 2010 at 12:38 PM #

It's going to happen, Anissa. It will. <3

43. Boston Mamas April 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM #

It will my friend. If anyone has the strength to make it happen it's you. xoxoxo Christine

44. cindy w April 9, 2010 at 12:36 PM #

Oh that is a very good dream. I have no doubt it'll come true someday.

45. Jamie April 9, 2010 at 12:35 PM #

I want it to come true for you too and you're just the sort of person to have that dream come true. <3

46. Jennifer Juniper April 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM #

That is a great dream, keep having that one. :)