We watch while there are changes here and there.

An arm movement here….a leg moving there…a boob can be be grabbed all the time, apparently.

But it can be hard for me to always see the differences.

I see my face and body everyday.

So when a friend comes that has been here every few months it is easy for them to tell me how I’ve changed.

She will tell me when my eyes used to be closed all the time.

She told about how I started to talk.

We both talked about the first visit I remember.

We’ll remember this as the visit where we were both in my home.

And she could watch my arm start moving and see my leg doing its thing.

It was another visit of big changes and adjustments.

She and I shared a hug when she left.  I hope that she can come again this summer with her kids.

We both hope its the visit where I walk.

25 Responses to the summer of hope. and boobs. which is hope for some. especially if you’re thirteen.

1. princessmadiro June 4, 2010 at 11:18 PM #

I’m 13! I can’t walk! I won’t ever even if they find a cure.
    I hope you do. I’d love to dance too.

2. Redneck Mommy April 24, 2010 at 9:58 PM #

If it helps with the walking I will totally blog topless to motivate you to move. I’ll even post pictures if you like.

3. Jessica April 24, 2010 at 7:32 PM #

Annisa, when I was 10 I had Gullian Barre Syndrome. I was paralyzed from the waist down. My legs, feet, and hands had a constant pins and needles feeling, every touch I received hurt because my nerves were on fire. It took me 6 months but I got back on my feet, literally. That summer I was back on my softball league. I’m 28 now, it’s still in remission. I’ve a feel lingering effects, migraines, my right foot turns at an awkward angle. But I can walk. I can run (though I don’t like too!)

And I know you will too. I pray every night you will. Before you know it you will be walking. Keep the faith. We’re all out here for you and we all love you.

4. DE Heather April 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM #

You are getting there! I can’t wait to see you in a little over a month. xo
    .-= DE Heather´s last blog ..Taking A Step Back =-.

5. MommyNamedApril April 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM #

walking sounds divine :-)
    .-= MommyNamedApril´s last blog ..Baby Jay. =-.

6. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] April 24, 2010 at 9:11 AM #

It will happen.

7. The Editor April 24, 2010 at 2:34 AM #

I came here to read your recent thoughts. You are amazing.
    Your will, ironclad. Your humor, unflagging.
    We all have difficulties but the way you share the details of your struggles, quite simply, strengthens us all.

Thank you.
    .-= The Editor´s last blog ..{this moment} =-.

8. Al_Pal April 24, 2010 at 12:05 AM #

Standing and dancing both sound great. Also: boobs. ;p
    HUGS!
    .-= Al_Pal´s last blog ..Sensitivity: I have it. =-.

9. thepsychobabble April 23, 2010 at 9:00 PM #

Dearest Annissa,
    It is one of my fond dreams that one day I will get to meet you, and have my boobs fondled by you. And maybe grope a wee bit in return. Because those boobs of yours look so cuddly and squeezable.
    Inappropriately yours,
    Jen thepsychobabble
    .-= thepsychobabble´s last blog ..Why I am a Twit =-.

10. BusyDad April 23, 2010 at 7:04 PM #

I can re-train you to grab boobs. I’m a pro— I mean, best wishes on your recovery, you are a star!
    .-= BusyDad´s last blog ..To Rock =-.

11. designHER Momma April 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM #

you are doing it! And come on, the boob grab is essential! love ya girl….

~emily
    xoxox
    .-= designHER Momma´s last blog ..Yesterday. Earth Day. Documented. =-.

12. indycitygirl April 23, 2010 at 3:31 PM #

You are such a rockstar!!!!!! I am filled with major respect for you. I hope oneday I can be as brave as you

13. Hockeymandad April 23, 2010 at 1:53 PM #

We are proud of you for how far you’ve come and walking would be most excellent!

(also, its very much possible, you can do it)
    .-= Hockeymandad´s last blog ..Quick and Dirty =-.

14. mommabird2345 April 23, 2010 at 1:12 PM #

Look how far you’ve come. Walking isn’t too far behind. You can do it!! My prayers are with you and your family everyday.

15. Miss Grace April 23, 2010 at 12:26 PM #

You continue to stun me with your progress.
    My life isn’t fulfilled until I’ve felt you up a few more times. Keep those boobs healthy for me.
    .-= Miss Grace´s last blog ..Travel Pics, and some Life List Fail =-.

16. tricia April 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM #

Kind of like not seeing the forest for the trees, huh? You are doing great! I am glad you are making so much progress!
    .-= tricia´s last blog ..Thankful Thursday =-.

17. Melisa with one S April 23, 2010 at 11:30 AM #

We’re all hoping that! xoxo
    .-= Melisa with one S´s last blog ..Get To Know Project Runway’s Laura Bennett =-.

18. lceel April 23, 2010 at 11:24 AM #

You, Anissa. You are my hero.
    .-= lceel´s last blog ..Friday haiku – For Posterity – A Super ‘Ku =-.

19. Boston Mamas April 23, 2010 at 11:18 AM #

It *will* be. If anyone can do it, it’s you. xoxo
    .-= Boston Mamas´s last blog ..Be Out There: Pitch In =-.

20. Rook April 23, 2010 at 11:15 AM #

Oh man I hope that it is the visit that you dance.

If only just a tiny bit.
    .-= Rook´s last blog ..Frontpage Friday: That’s How Barbie Lost Her License Too, Dude =-.

21. CatrinkaS April 23, 2010 at 11:00 AM #

Of course, out here, we can only watch and pray and read – and in your abbreviated sentences, so much of you keeps coming through. Out here, we cannot begin to imagine this ride, this frustration.

Blessings, prayers, boobs, and music your way – you will dance.
    .-= CatrinkaS´s last blog ..Grow =-.

22. Jamie April 23, 2010 at 10:58 AM #

Your voice is so strong and powerful. There is no doubt that those legs of yours will one day become insanely jealous of all the attention your words are getting and show their stuff.

23. Elizabeth @ Table for Five April 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM #

heh heh, boobs. You are talking about grabbing your own, right? lol

I agree with Amanda, you’ll be dancing in no time at the rate you’re going! love ya, lady.
    .-= Elizabeth @ Table for Five´s last blog ..Secrets of the Mountain Giveaway Winner =-.

24. Amanda April 23, 2010 at 10:52 AM #

Damn, watching you, it may be the visit you dance.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..Catch it to you =-.