when i am superman i can fly. and bake. and knit.

I’ve been reading what others wrote about me.

People wrote some really nice stuff.

They thought I was incredibly nice and inspiring.  They thought I was full of hopeful dreams and bright beliefs.  They thought I was sweet and loving.

They were wrong.

I rub body parts and demand nudity.  I believe there is no such thing as failure.  I think every thing can be made into a reason to laugh. I think it’s important.  Sickness.  Death.  Handicap.

I appreciate everyone’s attempt to be nice.  To make me out to be something special.

But I’m just boring me.

Plain old boring me.

In my underwear.

The not-clean ones.

46 Responses to when i am superman i can fly. and bake. and knit.

1. bluecottonmemory April 18, 2010 at 10:54 PM #

Ijust thought you were a mom who loved her kids with everything within you – and that’s me (even though on some days love is a choice:) – And if you love your kids the way I love mine, and they love you the way the little ones love me and the older ones will remember later, – I knew I would want and need all the support I could get to get back to them! I wished I could have helped beyond prayer:)
    .-= bluecottonmemory´s last blog ..Dandelion Dreams in White Organza =-.

2. Natalie April 18, 2010 at 3:14 PM #

Anissa – I never heard of you before your stroke and my twitter exploded with the news.

If nothing else, know that people who are boring and mean don’t inspire this level of support and come-togetherness.

I’m really glad you’re still kickin’ and so are about a gazillion others.
    .-= Natalie´s last blog ..bad-mouthed review: books =-.

3. emma April 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM #

If you’re boring, my dictionary sucks.
    .-= emma´s last blog ..Blooming Mondays: April 12, 2010 =-.

4. thepsychobabble April 16, 2010 at 11:14 PM #

So if I tell you that you’re wrong, way wrong, does that make you right? OMG, the universe just imploded. Fuck.
    .-= thepsychobabble´s last blog ..5 Things I Ought to Remember (but don’t always) =-.

5. designHER Momma April 16, 2010 at 8:37 PM #

I think I know you, and I know I love you. Everything everyone wrote is completely true. xoxo
    ~emily
    .-= designHER Momma´s last blog ..Bye Bye Soggy Bottom Birdie =-.

6. Lisa April 16, 2010 at 7:59 PM #

Lovely to see you back.

7. Dawn Tucker April 16, 2010 at 6:41 PM #

OMG. We’ve all got you SO WRONG. You mean you’re not really nice at all? – you’ve been mis-leading us all along? We should never let you feel the love again!!!

And as for the panties – well, just how low are you aiming?!!! Going commando would just get rid of the problem of course!

8. teri April 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM #

Anissa, I have to tell you- you’re really wrong. You ARE something special. How can I say that, me, someone who’s never met you and only knows of you because of web surfing and reading blog? Let me tell you why you’re special- because you are giving 200% to recovering from the awful strokes you’ve had. Because you care and love your kids and husband enough to do that. Because you’re not giving up. That makes you so incredibly special.
    See, my mom had a major stroke when I was 5. She gave up- never – I mean never- recovered from it. She was bed ridden until her death 20 years later. She left me, a 5 year old girl, to become “the woman of the house”- cooking, cleaning, laundry. But the worse thing for me was she left me alone in a house of males. Bless my dad’s heart- he tried to explain periods to me, and tampons, but well, he was old school and that stuff really embarrassed him.
    So, in my mind and heart you are special, and you’re not giving up- because I KNOW that God is going to get you thru this and bring you back- better than ever- nude and all!
    You’re in my prayers.
    .-= teri´s last blog ..A Beautiful Spring Day =-.

9. Karl April 16, 2010 at 12:14 PM #

Don’t sell yourself short. At least you’re wearing underwear.
    .-= Karl´s last blog ..@GoonSquadSarah is on SecondHand Radio Tonight at 10pm Eastern =-.

10. Shirley April 16, 2010 at 8:58 AM #

I think you are pretty super to people, because you and your family never gave up. Not one of you. I think that’s pretty awesome.
    .-= Shirley´s last blog ..Oh No! =-.

11. karen April 16, 2010 at 6:27 AM #

Well, I don’t know you personally, just through the blogosphere… and from what I can gather, you are all of the above :-) which makes for a much more interesting person. I’m still wearing yesterday’s underwear and I’m pretty sure most people rub body parts and demand nudity now and then.

12. Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah April 15, 2010 at 11:20 PM #

And we’re all cool with that.

Pfft. Like we’re wearing clean underwear.
    .-= Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah´s last blog ..A Riddle for Which I Have No Answer =-.

13. IzzyMom April 15, 2010 at 8:31 PM #

But you ARE nice and inspiring…and kind and strong and generous and fair and, of course, incredibly funny. We don’t say these things to be nice. We say them because they’re true. And you know I don’t throw around compliments or niceties unless I really mean it…so there you go, my amazing friend.
    .-= IzzyMom´s last blog ..If You’re Going to BlogHer, You Should Read This =-.

14. Stephanie April 15, 2010 at 3:49 PM #

No, it was all true. As it what you wrote. You are special, Anissa. And we love you. :)

(And some of us couldn't say what we REALLY thought because you were in a COMA and stuff, you know?)

Steph

15. Stimey April 15, 2010 at 3:31 PM #

My personal philosophy is when you have a choice between laughing and crying, you should always try to laugh. Although sometimes I do both.

Sounds like you're there with me. :)

16. Cassie Dismukes April 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM #

"They thought I was incredibly nice and inspiring. They thought I was full of hopeful dreams and bright beliefs. They thought I was sweet and loving."

About the only part of that statement I agree with is the "inspiring" part. I would say funny, irreverent, brave, courageous, strong (amazingly), impressive, and no, we've never met. I've scoured the internet for everything you've written, and I'm speechless.

Can't say anything about the boobs, though. Haven't seen 'em or felt 'em, but I'm sure they're impressive, too. Just keep being you, that's the part we all like the most.

17. Becky @TheRealBecks April 15, 2010 at 3:12 PM #

and this right here is why we love you :)

18. Debbie Botwin April 15, 2010 at 1:32 PM #

Anissa,
    We have never met, but I have been reading your blog for awhile now. I just want to say that You Are Awesome and I Love Your Attitude. "I think everything can be made into a reason to laugh" – that says so much about you and the kind of person you are. No wonder your friends all love you!!

19. Miss Ellaneous April 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM #

I knew you were boring. Your friends are gross, btw, or at least the people that comment on here. Put on clean underwear!

20. Amanda April 15, 2010 at 12:08 PM #

Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww dirty panties!
    I'm surprised you wear any at allllllll!
    That says a lot right there!!!! We must be getting old, remember when we didn't even own underwear??!!! Good old days.

21. Kat April 15, 2010 at 12:01 PM #

I'm boring and I don't have a bra on. :)

22. kristacular April 15, 2010 at 6:11 AM #

you are absolutely boring! That's exactly why I run to my reader every day to see what you've written. yep because you are boring. NOT.

Krista:)

23. Lex (@laprimera) April 15, 2010 at 4:19 AM #

Not boring. I've rubbed up on those fabulous boobs and intend to again! You are unforgettable woman! And just go commando for goodness sake! xoxo

24. Bridget April 15, 2010 at 3:29 AM #

Wait! You have not-clean underwear on too???? Glad I'm not the only one!

25. Miss Grace April 15, 2010 at 3:17 AM #

What you are is fantastic. I wouldn't write anything that wasn't true. And you have the best tits on the internet. I know, I felt you up.

26. Janine (@twincident) April 15, 2010 at 3:10 AM #

I called you nice because you were the first twitter person I met at Blissdom 09 in the lobby and you were with Sherrie (Shash) and you hugged me and didn't, you know, give me a strange look and stick out your hand like the Pope and ask me to kiss it before you would talk to me.

27. Mandy April 15, 2010 at 3:03 AM #

I may not be able to remember crap, but I am absolutely, 100% positive that I never called you nice…I've called you many, many things over the years: roomie, cooking instructor (you taught me to fry a chicken :) , caterer (this is WHY you taught me to fry a chicken), clothes-stealing-wench, mustang-riding/crashing ambulance-riding, hand-holding, dancing, laughing, loving, FRIEND …but I NEVER, ever..said you were nice.
    But hey…you have killer legs and could totally rock tights and a cape ;-)
    (And I'm not saying ANYTHING about the underwear – apparently the whole freakin world reads your blog woman)

28. muskrat April 15, 2010 at 2:25 AM #

As long as you're keeping it real, I say.

29. Holly W April 15, 2010 at 2:07 AM #

Girl- you are inspirational. You have inspired me to speak with my strong voice, to fight for those who can not speak for themselves, to tell my story to whoever will listen, to love with all of my heart and to… not be afraid to laugh at myself. I can not wait raise some hell with you again in the near future. We got more people to make blush- don't we?

30. Desera April 15, 2010 at 2:04 AM #

Boring?? NEVER!!! You deserve every "nice" thing everyone says about you! Thanks for being YOU and coming back =)

31. Susan (woo222) April 15, 2010 at 1:48 AM #

Ha, you ARE nice. But you are multi-dimensional. You are nice, hilarious, and you definitely have your own swagger. You're ANISSA. She's more kick-ass than words can capture. Sometimes you're edgy, you refuse to turn a blind eye (which is a good thing), you're SO many things. You know what I always think of when I think of you? Your razor sharp wit, your incredible intelligence, the wisdom and compassion with which you raise your children, and the immediate and awesome reaction you have to help someone in pain. So, you're right. "Nice" doesn't begin to cover it. It is too bland, too wishy-washy, and not nearly colorful enough. *grin* God I'm glad you're back. We've missed you loads. Peter's updates were awesome and sprinkled with references to your spirit that made me go "Yeesss!" but it's awfully nice to have you back again. Ooops, there's that word again. "Nice." ;) Much love, Susan

32. rebecca April 15, 2010 at 1:37 AM #

If you can't laugh, what's the point? Keep rockin' the stank panties.

33. Amy@UWM April 14, 2010 at 9:34 PM #

Nice? Really??? If I had written about you, nice is not a word I’d use. Irreverent. Hilarious. Prone to showing her boobs. But not nice. Boring is also not a word I’d use. And by the way, if you ever plan to make a made-for-TV movie about your unbelievable story, you’d better start getting used to being “inspiring.” (I can see the trailer now…”An inspiring story of family devotion and overcoming incredible odds…”). I’m telling you…book deal…made-for-TV movie…you can SO cash in on this whole deal.
    .-= Amy@UWM´s last blog ..Resolution =-.

34. AJ April 14, 2010 at 9:27 PM #

You’re the kind of inspring that makes me wanna hang out with you, not all cute and at a bar, but in pajama pants, un-showerd, and un-make-uped in a living room watching trash tv and drinking too much wine:)

and btw, you head up a pretty inspring family as well. You truly do.

35. Casey April 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM #

nah, you’re not boring! but, you know you can just think whatever you want.
    .-= Casey´s last blog ..it’s been quiet… =-.

36. Amy April 14, 2010 at 9:18 PM #

I couldn’t remember what I wrote at the time, so I went back and found it.

I said you were funny and friendly and too young for this shit. But if you want to be funny and friendly and too young in a cape and tights, you could totally pull that off.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Thirty Four =-.

37. Sarah M. April 14, 2010 at 9:18 PM #

I was promised boobs.

I’m still not seeing any boobs.
    .-= Sarah M.´s last blog ..Photo Sunday: Vacation Edition =-.

38. cindy w April 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM #

Plain old boring you is exactly what we love, you big goof.
    .-= cindy w´s last blog ..My Patella-ella-ella =-.

39. Mandi Bone April 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM #

If you didn’t wear underpants you would not have to worry about if they were clean or not. Not that I would know anything about that. Ahem
    .-= Mandi Bone´s last blog ..Judged =-.

40. Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} April 14, 2010 at 9:07 PM #

Oh man, I hope you rub my body parts and demand nudity at Blogher. But only the upper half. My lowers? Ehh…
    .-= Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher}´s last blog ..Imagine the sound that came with it =-.

41. Molly April 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM #

Well good. My best friends are horrible boring yet terribly funny. Nice to know we would get along.

42. Hockeymandad April 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM #

HA! You are hardly boring!!! Also, its perfectly ok to demand nudity, especially from your girlfriends.
    .-= Hockeymandad´s last blog ..Chef Hockeymandad =-.

43. Lori V (@kjnsmom) April 14, 2010 at 9:00 PM #

wait, nudity??……….I’m coming over more often!!
    .-= Lori V (@kjnsmom)´s last blog ..Tuesday Randomness!! =-.

44. Rook April 14, 2010 at 8:58 PM #

Pffffft. Bitch please. You’re awesome because you demand nudity. And I will fully admit to being one of those people who has to question if her underwear are clean, wearable, or dirty.

And classifies “clean” and “wearable” as two different categories.

I love you because of your biting wit, silly stories, and generally positive but still slightly cynical outlook, not because you are some sort of exciting cliff-diving, monster-battling, wind-surfing mo’fo.
    .-= Rook´s last blog ..Seven types of furries =-.

45. pgoodness April 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM #

You can say whatever you want, but we know the truth….pffft ;P
    .-= pgoodness´s last blog ..Weekend Wrap Up =-.

46. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] April 14, 2010 at 8:56 PM #

As Lotus would say, shut your face hole and accept the nice words. You deserve it.
    .-= Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last blog ..I’m a lovely shade of green, but in a good way-ish =-.