There are some moment that you can see when your life changes. And there are times when you find out that someone forgot to tell you that your life changes. Seriously, you all can forget. Lettuce. The basis of all things leafy and green. I have craved a Ceaser’s Salad so bad, I swear I [...]
Someone cried at my 9yo’s birthday party, but she wasn’t 9yo. We had this whole party planned, we would let them cook their own pizzas and decorate their own butterfly cakes. Everything had been planned the best that it could, toppings and drinks, pans and movies. We didn’t plan that Pete would have to work. [...]
You probably heard the news. Unless you lived in a cave, worked under a rock, or ate bran flakes for dessert (which is just inhumane), you probably heard me going crazy with excitement. Early in the morning, I was taken aback when I thought I felt the blanket against my foot…my right foot. That’s the [...]
Just the other night I found an envelope that had never been opened. I ripped it open, because that’s how I am, and guess what I found. I was the holder of a Disney Cruise ticket dated back in November 2009. Just hours after I had my strokes. I feel lucky that I wasn’t on [...]
You would think things more important would fill my mind. I had rehab therapy yesterday that went incredibly well. I had a talk with my daughter that she’d been trying to hold in. Lady Gaga music was on Glee! Very important stuff here, people. But it’s compared to the shiny and sparkly all over my [...]
I’m not afraid to talk about my strokes. I guess some people would rather not hear all about it, but that’s how I do things. I did it back when I talked about Peyton having cancer. I told it honestly, openly and didn’t hold much back. I tried not to make it Lifetime-movie-of-the-week, but I [...]
I had dreams at the hospital. Dreams from my coma time that I still remember well. Dreams from stages when I was mostly unconscious, but people at my bedside were in those dreams. There were too many dreams to share at once, and they were too hard to explain…the whole Mexican-map-romance-burrito thing for example. But [...]
In the mornings I have learned to get myself out of bed. From there I wheel myself over to find clothes for the day. One arm in, the second arm in, and then I stick my head through….shirt on. One leg in, the second leg struggled but in….and what. The pants are undone and I [...]
I haven’t been inside my shower since November 2009. Today I sat outside the door and looked in. Shampoo was still in the same place. So was the razor for shaving your chin (or legs, depending who you are). Ready for use was the bath soap, the adult kind, not the kid’s. No one would [...]
Today I sent my child to school in a cheerleader uniform. It was tan and green and had forest green spanky pants. It wasn’t an outfit for school, most would think. It was a get-up only a kindergartner could love. She felt beautiful. In a few years she’ll be too old and “mature” to wear [...]
Since I’ve been in a wheelchair, I have all kinds of new ideas. Like…do you remember Jimmy Stewert in the Hitchcock flick Rear Window? Who knows, maybe the neighbor is out to kill me. Maybe the neighbor’s DOG is really the murderer. Like…do you ever think of the character Artie on Glee. The one that [...]
Some days I have to find to find a way to grow hope. It can be the fingers moving the smallest bit in this video…it can also be remembering how to make the video. Take your pick. my hand action from Anissa Mayhew on Vimeo.
Rumor has it that I’m stubborn. My parents will verify it. My friends will testify to it. Because he loves me, me husband denies knowing anything about it. He’s smart, that one. I used to be stubborn in work, and definitely in play. Then I had two strokes. And I was in a coma. And [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- Lesley: Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. T...
- blog: Admiring the persistence you put into your website...
- blog: Good site you have got here.. It's difficult to f...
- Men Black Jacket: Thanks for sharing it and I really agree with the ...
- filmitorrent: I would like to thank you for the efforts you've ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129