There are some moment that you can see when your life changes.

And there are times when you find out that someone forgot to tell you that your life changes.

Seriously, you all can forget.

Lettuce.

The basis of all things leafy and green.  I have craved a Ceaser’s Salad so bad, I swear I could practically taste it as it went by.

I was told that lettuce was a choking hazard.  I should be careful to avoid lettuce at all costs.

I did.

Sadly.

Then, I found out.

Due to a total mix-up in paperwork, we weren’t told when I had dietary changes.

Do you know what that means?

I could have lettuce all this time I was home.

I COULD HAVE  SALAD!

Dude.

Junk-punching, America’s new pastime.

, ,

16 Responses to have you ever wanted to kill someone? go ahead, you can tell me, i’ll keep your secret

1. Tracy Solomon June 1, 2010 at 6:36 PM #

You listened to them???? Wow, I have to give you kudos for that but I guess it is a choking hazard… but I know me and coffee and the words “NO COFFEE” don’t go well with me so if someone told me no and then forgot to tell me yes, OH MAN!!!!

So, yeh. Wow! I know what you mean about tasting the salad as it just goes by. When we have lived outside of the U.S. where you really can’t get fresh veggies, I sooo crave them. I love salads (near as much as coffee and cake-yeh I love cake too).

I admire you for not having hunted down the person and drenched them in ceasar dressing-I am under the assumption you haven’t. Right?

I am very glad you can have back something you really love and keep praying for your list to grow longer and longer of improvements and getting everything you want to come true, Anissa:)

Tracy Solomon
    ladybugkatia.com

Glad to hear about the oncology visit as well!
    .-= Tracy Solomon´s last blog ..Life’s Lessons:Cancer, theBridge, and Walmart =-.

2. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] June 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM #

I would cut a bitch.

3. Desera June 1, 2010 at 6:36 AM #

I know what you mean…my oncologist told me no raw food (i.e. salad, carrots, especially not bananas; they grow a fungus on their skin) during chemo….so I was craving salad so bad! It sucks to know that you can’t have something, it makes you want it that much more! I feel your pain but I’m so glad you are allowed to have it now!!! (I’m still a little scared of the banana fungus though! )

4. Maggi May 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM #

For some reason this reminds me of that episode of SpongeBob SquarePants where Mr. Krabs’ daughter runs the Krusty Krab and she wants salad, SpongeBob has no idea what that is and walks up with this sad little plate and proudly declares, “One sa-lad.”

Okay, not sure that has anything to do with this post. Enjoy your sa-lad. :D
    .-= Maggi´s last blog ..I Glamour Shot the Sheriff… =-.

5. Terri K (@tkharmonic) May 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM #

Good for you on the salad. My son says salad is my favorite food because I eat it all the time.

Did you ask them what else they forgot to tell you about?

• Dash October 23, 2011 at 12:31 AM #

Call me wind because I am abosletuly blown away.

6. Jennifer May 31, 2010 at 9:48 PM #

I think we should organize and overwhelm Anissa’s local post office with Caesar salads in the mail. :)
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Seattle’s Best Coffee Giveaway – Ready to Go Iced Lattes =-.

7. DesignHER Momma May 31, 2010 at 9:30 PM #

Salad – it better be what’s for dinner. Indulge…..

8. Edie May 31, 2010 at 7:25 PM #

Mmmm. Salad.

I so want to punch me some junk!

• Uwe November 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM #

Dee – Can you increase the amuont of sour cream rather than use mayo?? I’m not a mayo eater so I always look for recipes using alternatives.January 17, 2011 5:16 pm[]Annie Reply:January 17th, 2011 at 5:57 pmIt doesn’t taste like mayo at all, it tastes like Ranch dressing. You can make any changes you like, but I can’t speak for the results.[]

9. Angela May 31, 2010 at 6:54 PM #

Anissa,
    Seriously, have some salad, savor the salad, ask for seconds. You were so good to not have it when you knew it was off limits…..Such willpower….
    What do you like in your salads? I love banana peppers, egg, crutons, carrots, cucumbers, celery, radishes, spinach, etc.

Hope you are having an okay day. I do not think you are a loser with the Birthday party. The girls will honestly remember the good parts.

Love you,
    Ang

10. Kristin May 31, 2010 at 5:30 PM #

I think to celebrate that you should have your kids plant some green and red leaf lettuce in containers. It grow quickly and you would have all the lettuce you could want.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Some Gave All =-.

11. ThePeachy1 May 31, 2010 at 2:46 PM #

LET THEM EAT CAKE. I MEAN LETTUCE !!! it’s about friggin time someone let you know you can eat it.. Tear into a salad woman… get your strength up for all the junk punching..

12. Domestic Extraordinaire May 31, 2010 at 1:40 PM #

Dude, the look on her face when she realized that she could have lettuce. I am glad that I wasn’t the one who forgot to tell her that she allowed to have it.
    .-= Domestic Extraordinaire´s last blog ..The Nineteenth of May =-.

13. Susan (woo222) May 31, 2010 at 1:15 PM #

Alright!! Darn it, I wish they’d told you sooner :( I don’t know whether to cheer or cuss. Cravings are serious things. There was a restaurant in town that made the BEST chicken caesar pitas EVER. They closed. I’m still grieving. It’s been 5 years. I may never recover. Go get your salad, girl. Susan
    .-= Susan (woo222)´s last blog ..Singing Sand =-.

14. Elizabeth May 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM #

Well, that’s call for a giant Caesar celebration! YAY Salad!