I visited my old therapists.  These were the ones I had last before I was able to go home.

Belle, Cinderella and Jasmine.

That’s what we called them and that’s what they’ll stay.

These three ladies taught me enough so that I could go home.  They gave me what I needed to be able to do what I’ve done today.

They taught me to balance and start to walk, they taught me to get dressed by myself, they gave me my first real meals…they made me believe that I could write again.

For weeks they worked me hard.  They trained me as much as they could.

I would never have met these people if I hadn’t been in the hospital.  Had a stroke. Been in a coma.  Struggled through rehab.

The worst parts of my life still brought the most wonderful people.

, ,

17 Responses to having a personal set of disney dolls might not be down-the-well, putting-the-lotion-on-its-skin creepy, but still

1. Mary @ Holy Mackerel May 22, 2010 at 11:28 AM #

Wow. This is exactly how I see things as well. I made some of my best friends when our son was going through his cancer treatment. Lifelong friends, the best of the best through the worst of the worst.
    .-= Mary @ Holy Mackerel´s last blog ..Today’s post is full of frustration. Enjoy! =-.

2. Grumble Girl May 21, 2010 at 9:34 AM #

Awesome people DO tend to show up right on time…
    .-= Grumble Girl´s last blog ..My Littlest Little =-.

3. amy May 7, 2010 at 11:55 PM #

I agree, so happy there are such wonderful people in the world doing exactly what they should be doing. Helping others and doing it so well. I am sure they were all thrilled to see you Anissa :)

4. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] May 7, 2010 at 8:50 PM #

Awesome.

5. thepeachy1 May 7, 2010 at 6:07 PM #

clearly you rock so hard, disney sent you your own dream team, straight from the magic kingdom. Never underestimate the power of YOU !

6. Pattie May 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM #

Hilarious post title! And that’s great that you have your own personal princesses helping/guiding you through recovery.
    .-= Pattie´s last blog ..Photoblogging: Cemetery/Flowers =-.

7. Peter Mayhew May 7, 2010 at 3:14 PM #

I totally thought one of them was Ariel.
    .-= Peter Mayhew´s last blog ..Public Service Announcement =-.

8. Amanda May 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM #

You humble me with your revelations. Sometimes they also make me pee.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..Work with what you’ve got =-.

9. Kristin May 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM #

I love you attitude and the title of this post almost made me spew coffee all over the keyboard.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..The Nobel Prize For Awesomeness =-.

10. Lisa Rae @ smacksy May 7, 2010 at 2:35 PM #

Thank God this whole deal hasn’t broken your funny.
    Your funny is working great.
    xo
    .-= Lisa Rae @ smacksy´s last blog ..Donde Esta Pablo? =-.

11. Jessica May 7, 2010 at 2:13 PM #

The title of this post made me snort. And I really needed a good snort. You’re MY therapy!

12. Hockeymandad May 7, 2010 at 1:55 PM #

I am so thankful there are people like this in the world. My aunt has some of the same princesses in another state, but they have done the same things for her.

Bless them for existing.
    .-= Hockeymandad´s last blog ..May the fourth be with you =-.

13. Desera May 7, 2010 at 1:28 PM #

Many thanks to your “Princesses” for helping you come back!!!! ♥ So grateful!

14. Jamaise May 7, 2010 at 1:24 PM #

What’s with all the Silence of the Lambs references in my life lately?!

Thank goodness you have your very own princesses – I hope they take that as the biggest compliment in the world :)

15. Adrienne May 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM #

Amen, sister. My life’s greatest tragedies have brought me most of my best relationships.

16. Sugar Jones May 7, 2010 at 1:15 PM #

I’m thankful for your Belle, Cinderella, and Jasmine. They helped you come back to us. :)
    .-= Sugar Jones´s last blog ..An Afternoon with Rico =-.

17. tricia May 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM #

That last sentence is so true.