i could write about pink bunnies and plaid zebras but that makes no sense!!

I’m not afraid to talk about my strokes.  I guess some people would rather not hear all about it, but that’s how I do things.

I did it back when I talked about Peyton having cancer.  I told it honestly, openly and didn’t hold much back. I tried not to make it Lifetime-movie-of-the-week, but I wanted people to understand what my daughter was going through, what we were going through.

So, why would I do this any different?

I want you to understand how hard it can be, how much we love to laugh, how this can make us cry, how we’re inspired to be so silly.

I mean, is there a way to show tired my husband can be at night?  Could I ever hope to show how sweet those moments are when Rachael wraps her arms around me.  Then I want to share the happiness when we all just bust out and let loose cracking up because Nathaniel told another joke.

This is my only way.

This is what I have.  And this is my story.

Sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it isn’t.

That’s life.

29 Responses to i could write about pink bunnies and plaid zebras but that makes no sense!!

1. DonnaPatterson May 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM #

It takes a really brave person to be honest. Thank you for being so brave! I love your blogs and your new website.

2. Suzanne from pretty*swell May 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM #

You are just AWESOME. Keep on sharing!
    .-= Suzanne from pretty*swell´s last blog ..Swell Stuff {put it on paper} =-.

3. drlori71 May 26, 2010 at 9:25 AM #

You’re right – that is life. So please keep writing about your life. We’ll be here reading the funny and the not so funny.
    Your new blog design looks great!
    .-= drlori71´s last blog ..My Old Kindergarten Teacher =-.

4. Becky@TheRealBecks May 26, 2010 at 9:05 AM #

I’m just glad you’re back and blogging again. It’s truly inspiring. And I think it’s good to talk about the strokes and all that you’re going through in the recovery. Especially when you’re all better…you can look back and see how far you’ve come.

5. Dawn May 26, 2010 at 9:00 AM #

I’m pretty sure Peter understands Pregnancy tired now :)

6. Marie May 26, 2010 at 12:41 AM #

But that’s always been your strong point Anissa. You can blend tragedy and humor in a way that just works. In fact sometimes the best humor comes from suffering, because you appreciate the funny more when you have been to the darkest places.

7. Susan from PA May 25, 2010 at 11:30 PM #

LOVE the new look of the blog! Mostly, I am just glad that YOU are back and sharing yourself with everyone. Please keep it up!

8. Mary @ Holy Mackerel May 25, 2010 at 10:47 PM #

Yes, it certainly is life. And you guys are all doing a marvelous job of living it. Really living it.

9. Janine (@twincident) May 25, 2010 at 10:03 PM #

I love it all…the good, the bad and the wheelchair.

10. AngelaAtHP May 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM #

You say about your story “Sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it isn’t”.
    But I’m always glad you share it, and I’m always glad to read it.
    Thanks for that.
    .-= AngelaAtHP´s last blog ..AngelaAtHP: @mamaspohr @Paula_Deen has one of the best laughs on Earth. Ever….Not that I overlook the cooking either. ;-) =-.

11. Editdebs May 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM #

You write it, and I’ll read it. You tell your truth, and it helps us all! You are amazing and funny.

12. Jen S May 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM #

I’m glad you tell it like it is…you are helping yourself cope…and probably helping others who are going through the same thing. Who cares about the ones who don’t want to hear. They don’t matter anyway!

ps I missed you when you were sleeping :-)

13. Pgoodness May 25, 2010 at 5:52 PM #

I love your sense of humor…you are all amazing. And this life is all we get…laugh when you can.

Pretty new site, btw!!

14. Chrystal May 25, 2010 at 5:43 PM #

And we love you for it!
    .-= Chrystal´s last blog ..Weddings pt. 2 Dresses =-.

15. uthostage May 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM #

You are still with us and that’s what is important. No it won’t be perfect, but nothing ever is.

I think you are amazing. :)
    .-= uthostage´s last blog ..Still Quiet =-.

16. Kristin May 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM #

That’s what makes your story so special. It all gets shared…the highest highs, the lowest lows, and the average in between stuff. Don’t change one bit of it.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Watch it crash and burn… =-.

17. And that’s why we love you. xoxo
    .-= Melissa-The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans´s last blog ..I need to pedal faster. =-.

18. Kerri Anne May 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM #

The best kind of stories are the ones that are honestly told, which, from what I can tell, is how you always tell yours. I, for one, think that’s quite awesome.

Also: hi!
    .-= Kerri Anne´s last blog ..Lost & Found =-.

19. Leslie/PenguinPapers May 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM #

Tell it like it is, Anissa. There’s no other way.

20. Rachel ~ Southern Fairytale May 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM #

MOnkeyfighter!!! FTW :-P

love you

21. Amanda May 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM #

Exactly. If they dont like your stuff…then its their choice to stick around or not.
    But those of us with at least 5 brain cells left L.O.V.E. your stuff.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..my friends left me here =-.

22. Lisa May 25, 2010 at 2:32 PM #

It is your story, you tell how you need to, how you want to. I love you for your honesty and your passion for telling it like it is. Love ya.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..It’s Hot Out There =-.

23. Liz May 25, 2010 at 2:26 PM #

Hi Anissa,

I’ve never commented before, but here I am. I was not a reader of your blog before your strokes, but several blogs I’ve been reading regularly for a while now (The Sphors are Multiplying; Okay, Fine, Dammit; and Barefoot Foodie) all posted about your strokes. They talked about you as a good friend and a pillar of strength, and with that kind of endorsement from those bloggers, I knew I had to check out your stuff. So I read your husband’s updates and gradually caught up on Payton’s story, and now I’m a regular reader because I was intrigued by your story-telling and amazed by the storms your family has weathered. I don’t know if you feel that it’s good or bad to have new readers, readers who never “knew” the pre-stroke Anissa, but I’m here now and I’m hooked. I’m cheering you on, and eager for the nuggets you send our way.

Liz

24. thepeachy1 May 25, 2010 at 2:21 PM #

all I can say is ELEVATORS…
    also I love you big messy bunches… all of you…

25. Tricia Moran May 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM #

That’s what I love about you Anissa – you are brave, courageous and amazing, but most of all real. It will help so many people to speak the truth as it is for you. And your courage and sense of humour make me cry.
    Love and hugs,
    Tricia (irishsamom)

26. DExtraordinaire May 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM #

Whatever the story is, I am so happy that you are able to tell it.

xo, see you next week mama!
    .-= DExtraordinaire´s last blog ..The Nineteenth of May =-.

27. Courtney May 25, 2010 at 1:42 PM #

I’m so freaking happy that you are alive and improving that you could write about BMs and I’d still read your blog. I know that the majority of the people who come here feel the same way.
    .-= Courtney´s last blog ..Weekend Update =-.

28. Stacey May 25, 2010 at 1:25 PM #

Isn’t that what blogging is all about ? Sharing the good and the bad. Anyone who doesn’t like it can just move along.

I love that you’re so frank and funny in the process

XO!

29. Kara Potterbaum May 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM #

Amen. And you tell it well.