if i could dance you can bet i’d be doing something innapropriate

You probably heard the news.

Unless you lived in a cave, worked under a rock, or ate bran flakes for dessert (which is just inhumane), you probably heard me going crazy with excitement.

Early in the morning, I was taken aback when I thought I felt the blanket against my foot…my right foot.  That’s the foot that feels nothing.  It hasn’t for months, I’m used to it by now.

Did I feel the blanket?  I wasn’t sure.

So I went to my Speech therapy and I went to my Occupational therapy, I said F-words and pushed books with my weaker arm.

Then finally physical therapy started.  I stretched what needed to be stretched, I walked farther than I had before,  I balanced my body, I directed my limbs.  Then, at the end, I asked,

“Is it possible that I would be feeling so soon?”

B had me close my eyes while she poked at different spots, and I gave her my honest feelings.

She poked.

And poked.

AND POKED.

And I answered.

At the end, B put my clothes all back to normal and straightened everything out.

“Well, I’d say you’ve got sensation, but not localization,” B finally said.

She might as well have said,” You didn’t win the $100 million lottery, only the $90 million lottery.  sorry.”

What she said was: starting to get feeling, can’t tell where yet.

Really.

Cause they lost me at STARTING TO GET FEELING!!!

It’s ok, I screamed a little too.

, ,

64 Responses to if i could dance you can bet i’d be doing something innapropriate

1. make fast money October 13, 2014 at 2:35 AM #

I am really delighted to glance at this webpage posts which includes lots of helpful
    information, thanks for providing these kinds of information.

make fast money´s last post…make fast money

2. social media management Berkhamsted September 10, 2014 at 6:14 AM #

With havin so much content do you ever run into
    any problems of plagorism oor copyright violation? My website has a lot of exclsive content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it ppears a lot of it is popping it up alll ovr tthe internet without my agreement.
    Do you know aany techniques to help prevent content fom beibg stolen? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

social media management Berkhamsted´s last post…social media management Berkhamsted

3. Grumble Girl June 6, 2010 at 11:44 PM #

Woooooooooot-wooooooooooot!! Holy shitballs, Anissa! That. Is. AWESOME!!
    Screaming a little over here too!!
    .-= Grumble Girl´s last blog ..Perfect Cookies = Perfect Mum =-.

4. Jessi May 29, 2010 at 2:23 PM #

Oh my god, Anissa, that’s freakin’ awesome!

5. Sunnie in NC May 29, 2010 at 9:28 AM #

Rock it out Anissa!!!! Keep showing us ALL what you’ve got!!
    So happy for you!!!
    Sunnie

6. Cindy May 29, 2010 at 8:15 AM #

Way to go Anissa! Tears of JOY!!!!

7. Shelby Lee May 29, 2010 at 3:43 AM #

Wow!! Another of life’s little miracles. It’s amazing how something so small can be one of the biggest moments of your life – something you will remember forever. It’s the little things we all take for granted and the absolute most important things in our lives. So here’s to the little things, Anissa! Congrats on feeling again! ♥
    .-= Shelby Lee´s last blog ..Confirm Our Hotness!!! =-.

8. Lucretia Pruitt May 28, 2010 at 11:42 PM #

That news just makes this day full of win! :)
    .-= Lucretia Pruitt´s last blog ..Social Media Marketing’s Dirty Little Secret =-.

9. Chibi Jeebs May 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM #

DUDE! *Totally* squeed out loud. SO excited for you! :)
    .-= Chibi Jeebs´s last blog ..Reading: love it or hate it? =-.

10. tricia May 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM #

Woo-hoo! Way to go! Congratulations! That’s great!

11. Dwayne May 28, 2010 at 9:07 PM #

You don’t know me but I just wanted to say I am extremely happy for you. This is very inspiring.

12. ThePeachy1 May 28, 2010 at 8:55 PM #

TONIGHT ME AND SAM DRINK 4 U ! cause we love you that much … Girl I am loving every second you tell me something like this… go nissa, rock it out baby.. You are the ONE.

13. Tammy May 28, 2010 at 8:12 PM #

Oh, hell yeah. You are an amazing woman and such an inspiration. Maybe Peter could do some naughty dancing at your direction.

14. dExtraordinaire May 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM #

woot woot!!
    .-= dExtraordinaire´s last blog ..The Nineteenth of May =-.

15. Kelley @ Magnetoboldtoo May 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM #

The very best news I could wake up to this morning.
    .-= Kelley @ Magnetoboldtoo´s last blog ..The perfect solution to stop people staring at my RoboBoot. Or the fact that I may or may not have my pants on backwards. =-.

16. Dawn May 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM #

You don’t know me from Adam, but Dude… Tears of Joy! I’ve been keeping up with your experience for a while. You’re amazing! And inspiring! And all the things you already know you are! I’m so thrilled for you right now.

17. maggie, dammit May 28, 2010 at 6:28 PM #

SHITCHYEAH!
    .-= maggie, dammit´s last blog ..Lights Out. =-.

18. The Lass May 28, 2010 at 6:01 PM #

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Awesome! I am so happy for you :)

19. Melisa with one S May 28, 2010 at 5:53 PM #

WAHOOOOOO!
    .-= Melisa with one S´s last blog ..Boy Scout Training, or MacGyver? (You decide.) =-.

20. Mark (Dudge OH) May 28, 2010 at 5:46 PM #

What? No… I… er… just have a little grit or something in my eye… honest. *s*
    .-= Mark (Dudge OH)´s last blog ..Cool For Cats =-.

21. sara @TomTheGirl May 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM #

Yes! I am so stoked for you!

22. Jenni Williams May 28, 2010 at 5:39 PM #

Hell yes!

23. monstergirlee May 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM #

Hell Yes! YAY, so awesome.
    .-= monstergirlee´s last blog ..You Capture – Sky =-.

24. Miss Britt May 28, 2010 at 5:35 PM #

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    .-= Miss Britt´s last blog ..On losing control =-.

25. Snarky Amber May 28, 2010 at 5:35 PM #

Oh hell yeah, baby! I already knew you had an amazing brain, so it’s no shock how amazingly fast it’s healing, picking up the lost connections. I’m so happy and proud for you.

26. Ann's Rants May 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM #

I’ve barely met you but TEARS WOMAN! HELL YEAH!!!

27. Jenny, Bloggess May 28, 2010 at 5:27 PM #

Hell. Yes.

28. Stephanie May 28, 2010 at 5:23 PM #

Wooooooooo!

I’m so Jessie Spano excited!!

Steph
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Closets: Dresses that I’ve never worn (one I will, one I’ll never) =-.

29. Lorrian May 28, 2010 at 4:16 PM #

Congratulations, Anissa!!!!!

(BTW, at first I thought the new masthead said “COMA Abuser” – and that would be apt, wouldn’t it?)

30. Alicia May 28, 2010 at 3:46 PM #

Ok, this seriously made me tear up! That is so freaking AWESOME!!!! Keep pushing sweetie. If anyone can kick a coma in the ass, it’s you.
    .-= Alicia´s last blog ..Why My Husband Can NEVER Be An Actor…Or A Game Character…Or In A Comic Book… =-.

31. Kellee May 28, 2010 at 3:19 PM #

Wow, that’s so incredible! YAY! :)
    .-= Kellee´s last blog ..The Way I See It: A Month Behind On Posting P365! =-.

32. Molly May 28, 2010 at 3:02 PM #

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

So does that mean if I grab your boob you’ll feel it? :-P

33. Overflowing Brain May 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM #

I never doubted you would get it back, but I can’t say I’m not 100% ecstatic to hear it any way. Keep up the hard work, Anissa. This isn’t something that just happened, it’s something you made happen.

34. Lianne May 28, 2010 at 2:09 PM #

I knew it! You will be doing MANY inappropriate things soon enough! Yeah for you and your recovery. You are AWESOME!
    .-= Lianne´s last blog ..Why am I suddenly in Junior High? =-.

35. magpie May 28, 2010 at 2:08 PM #

So amazing. Continued progress to you!

36. Chrystal May 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM #

Doing an inappropriate dance in your honor!!!!!
    .-= Chrystal´s last blog ..Weddings pt. 2 Dresses =-.

37. Diana, The Doggy Mommy May 28, 2010 at 1:54 PM #

F***King Awesome!!! So very happy for you! Another praise report!
    .-= Diana, The Doggy Mommy´s last blog ..The Upside Down Wedgie! =-.

38. Michelle @ Mommy Loves Stilettos May 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM #

That is incredible!!!! I am so happy for you!
    .-= Michelle @ Mommy Loves Stilettos´s last blog ..♥No Longer A Guest Posting Virgin! =-.

39. angi May 28, 2010 at 1:12 PM #

I’m surprised at my very basic instinct reaction to this…and no I didn’t flash my crotch at anyone, I merely sprang tears of joy for your amazing progress.
    **love**

40. Steff May 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM #

Fantastic! Amazing!

41. Susan May 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM #

Incredible! Congratulations. (I’m a lurker. Have followed since long before your MF***ing strokes.) Thank you for sharing your victories, both tiny and massive. Best wishes!

42. Ktbug Ladydid May 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM #

:D :D :D :D :D Anissa, we all love you (and now I know why I couldn’t sleep last night-it was your shouting for joy!). May your body continue to heal and mend itself! Wishing you happy thoughts and good vibes.

43. mommabird2345 May 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM #

YAY!! That is EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you. :)

44. Kristin May 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM #

Ayiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii…omg, omg, omg, omg…I ams o happy for you!
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..More Random Shit from Me =-.

45. pam May 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM #

WOO-EFFING-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    .-= pam´s last blog ..Stay Tuned…Our very first review coming soon… =-.

46. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] May 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM #

schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!
    .-= Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last blog ..Don’t fruck with my beach. Kids eat that sand. =-.

47. Miss Wisabus May 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM #

My heart is doing cartwheels for you, Anissa.

!!!
    .-= Miss Wisabus´s last blog ..Response to LOST Finale 6×17 – The End, Pt. 1 =-.

48. Tracy Solomon May 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM #

Anissa, I don’t put anything past you! You keep working hard and you will be feeling more and more. You will end up being on Ellen dancing with her on stage! You are one crazy Chica but you are also one tough woman:)

Keep it up and we will keep praying for you.

Love, Tracy Solomon
    ladybugkatia.com
    .-= Tracy Solomon´s last blog ..Are You the "Right" Color? =-.

49. Angella May 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM #

Yay!!! You’re making me cry happy tears, girl.
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..Too Good To Be True =-.

50. Redneck Mommy May 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM #

There is a happy Redneck up in Canada squealing for you, Nissa!!

Whoot!!!
    .-= Redneck Mommy´s last blog ..Bring On Grade One =-.

51. melistress May 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM #

Until you landed in the hospital I had no idea who you were but a bunch of people I knew were pouring out good vibes in your direction. I began to follow along and send out good vibes with them. You are an inspiration, Anissa. I’m glad I heard about you.
    .-= melistress´s last blog ..Having PMS sucks. Ass. Hard. That is all =-.

52. kara potterbaum May 28, 2010 at 11:39 AM #

Sometimes $90 million is all you need. Hugs!

53. mapsgirl May 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM #

That is awesome!
    .-= mapsgirl´s last blog ..more than you bargained for =-.

54. Bridget May 28, 2010 at 11:25 AM #

I swear that every comment of mine will not be a musical reference, but I couldn’t help but start singing “I gotta feelin’…woohoo…that tonight’s gonna be a good night. tonight’s gonna be a good, good night!”
    .-= Bridget´s last blog ..One Fine Day =-.

• Peter Mayhew May 28, 2010 at 12:31 PM #

Thanks…and now that song is stuck in my head.

55. Melissa May 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM #

Hells ya! So happy for you!
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Insecurity =-.

56. Lisa May 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM #

That is incredibly awesome news!!!! I’m doing a little squee dance for you right now.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Making Memories =-.

57. Jake Aryeh Marcus May 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM #

The news makes me want to combine saying F words and stomp my right leg in celebration. So “Fuck yay!”.
    .-= Jake Aryeh Marcus´s last blog ..According to HHS, the Average U.S. Mom is White, White or White =-.

58. Knees of the Bees May 28, 2010 at 11:21 AM #

SHAZAM!!!

Sorry, long time lurker here. Been following your story for quite awhile now, and I think I cry at every single update. Thank you for your honest, beautiful words.

And hell to YES for starting to get feeling.

59. Kat May 28, 2010 at 11:19 AM #

YAY!!! I swear I am so happy for you that I am seeing unicorns sparkles and rainbows!
    .-= Kat´s last blog ..Dear So and So…Stomach Bugs Can Kiss It =-.

60. suzi May 28, 2010 at 11:19 AM #

I am doing the happy dance for you! Awesome!!!! :)
    .-= suzi´s last blog ..Suzi’s Summer Bucket List! =-.

61. Cranky Sarah May 28, 2010 at 11:18 AM #

So glad to hear you keep on getting good news!
    .-= Cranky Sarah´s last blog ..I don’t accept "Boys will be boys" =-.

62. Laurie May 28, 2010 at 11:18 AM #

Wonderful news. :D

63. always home and uncool May 28, 2010 at 11:18 AM #

$90 million is a pretty good jackpot. Keep it up, Anissa.
    .-= always home and uncool´s last blog ..Revenge – The Musical! =-.