People will ask what my motivation was for getting better.

I wanted to get out of the hospital for sure.

Walking again has always been something I tried to do.

But mostly, the number one thing has always been my kids.

The kids that make me laugh.

The kids that make me try one more time.

The kids that never allow me to give up.

The kids that love me regardless of my weaknesses.

The kids that are incredible.  That mean so much.  That are my whole world.

You ask what motivates me.

Stupid question, really.

, ,

17 Responses to kids are my reason for working harder, they are also the reason i had to go to AA

1. Hollee May 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM #

It is so inspiring to see you staying so mentally tough. We’ve never met, but I have followed your story for some time now. You inspire your kids, but you also inspire your readers. So happy to see you posting more frequently — you must be getting stronger.
    .-= Hollee´s last blog ..Guilt and Pride: Learning from Our Kids =-.

2. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] May 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM #

Keep on keepin on. And get those kids a cookie now and then.

3. maggie, dammit May 3, 2010 at 1:29 PM #

Hi. I love you.

and I see no face-planting here. Not even close.

xo
    .-= maggie, dammit´s last blog ..Connection =-.

4. Mandi Bone May 3, 2010 at 9:09 AM #

My girl was only 16 months at the time I lost my ability to walk. She went to rehab with me everyday for over a year to be my cheerleader and water girl. When I would scared or frustrated because of something I couldn’t do she was there for a hug and a kiss and to say our theme.
    .-= Mandi Bone´s last blog ..Am I really Infertile? =-.

5. Nona May 3, 2010 at 8:38 AM #

My daughter, who is now an adult, will one day appreciate how much she inspired me to keep going all those years when it was just the two of us.

You keep going, lady.

6. Headless Mom May 2, 2010 at 10:06 PM #

That’s great motivation, sister.

Thought about you the other day when another f*ing rat ran through my garage. Do you remember that from last summer…maybe september? Yours was in the kitchen and ours were in the attic.

Keep kicking ass and taking names!
    .-= Headless Mom´s last blog ..Happy =-.

7. onesillymama May 2, 2010 at 2:53 PM #

These are the same motivators who got me through four weeks of inpatient cancer treatment late last year. I happen to think they are great reasons to push ourselves…
    .-= onesillymama´s last blog ..How much am I worth? =-.

8. Kristin May 2, 2010 at 2:33 PM #

Facing down something for your kids can turn insurmountable mountains into molehills. You are an amazing woman and an amazing mom.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..A Call To Arms =-.

9. Angi May 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM #

When they’re born everyone tells us how much our kids need us….we often forget how, for the rest of our lives, we are the ones that need them.

You’re amazing, Momma. And your children are outright inspiring.

10. The Last Girl Standi May 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM #

How lucky, those kids are, to have a mother that loves them so much!

You are amazing, Anissa.

Much love!
    .-= The Last Girl Standi´s last blog ..A Childish Rant, Some Catch 22′s =-.

11. Allison @ Alli 'n Son May 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM #

Kids really are amazing like that. They make us reach deep and find the will that we didn’t know was there.
    .-= Allison @ Alli ‘n Son´s last blog ..The Hot Dog Dance =-.

12. Terry May 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM #

Amazing how kids motivate us! My daughter was the reason I kept living after losing my spouse 5 years ago…
    .-= Terry´s last blog ..Gotta Love a Tween =-.

13. Elsa May 1, 2010 at 12:38 PM #

totally understand … my kid is the reason I didn’t lose my mind at a certain point in my life

14. Kara Potterbaum May 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM #

They are my sun and moon.

15. Tracy May 1, 2010 at 11:43 AM #

I never knew how motherhood would change me. How could I, really? But after I had my daughter, I knew she was the reason I am here. She motivates me every day to be a better person.
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..changes =-.

16. ThePeachy1 May 1, 2010 at 11:40 AM #

if we lived closer, you and I could carpool to AA.. bawahaha. great kids..

17. Miss Grace May 1, 2010 at 11:36 AM #

My kid is my reason for everything.
    .-= Miss Grace´s last blog ..Ridiculous and Uncommon Acts of Kindness =-.