The softest smile you can find.

A bowl-full of craziness!

Ummm…….no flash photography please.

My camera.

Learning something that I used to love….somehow I will be able to love it again.

14 Responses to Learning how to use the old toys…with lots of buttons, which are GREAT for one-armed people

1. Twenty Four At Heart May 5, 2010 at 9:45 PM #

I lost the use of my dominant arm in a car accident nearly four years ago. A man ran a stop sign …. and that was that. Now, six surgeries later, I have maybe 25% use of my arm. At first it was so hard to do ANYTHING with my left arm and hand. Now, things are easier. Two things I lost … which I loved … were gardening and photography. In recent months I’ve managed to find a way back to a little photography. It’s a struggle, but I’m fighting hard for it. Maybe one day I’ll be able to plant a flower again too. I know you will amaze us all with the things you are able to accomplish.
    .-= Twenty Four At Heart´s last blog ..Boring You On A Semi-Regular Basis =-.

2. Steph May 5, 2010 at 2:05 AM #

I’m going to like this new talent. Also, your post title reminded me about your bowl of rice and buttons post. Miss you.

Steph
    .-= Steph´s last blog ..To and From =-.

3. Two Makes Four May 4, 2010 at 11:00 PM #

Oh my. Kitties + smiles = yay. Keep snapping away.
    .-= Two Makes Four´s last blog ..Making it Internet Official =-.

4. jezebel May 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM #

Dear Anissa:

I don’t know you in person, and have no right or reason to follow your life story. But I followed a link from Jenny the Bloggess one day, in which she made a rare personal plea for prayers and well wishes to you and your family, and I have been connected to you all, however remotely and oddly anonymously, since then.

From a random, anonymous lawyer in Philadelphia to you and yours (and paraphrasing from another fascinating soul): may all be well, and all be well, and all manner of thing be well, with all of you. I don’t have the right to say anything further, other than that it would be a rare pleasure — and a privilege — to know you all.

5. Jessica May 4, 2010 at 1:15 PM #

Great shots and even better commentary. And I’m impressed that two of your three kids stood still for their pictures. Could you give me some tips to use on my 1 1/2 year old? :-)

6. monstergirlee May 4, 2010 at 12:55 PM #

Such sweet pictures! Nicely done.
    ps. I agree with the no flash
    .-= monstergirlee´s last blog ..Hiking with my Son =-.

7. Bella May 4, 2010 at 1:04 AM #

Just wanted to share that my 15 year old daughter just donated twelve inches of her lovely strawberry blond hair to Wigs for Kids. Thank to your enlightening post on the different hair donation options, she was happy to help a child dealing with cancer.

You are inspiring us all to reach out and make a difference.

8. Kristin May 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM #

Beautiful pictures of gorgeous kids.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..A Call To Arms =-.

9. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] May 3, 2010 at 11:09 PM #

I like seeing your re-birth.

I’m just glad it doesn’t involve an episiotomy.

10. DExtraordinaire May 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM #

When I come down there in a little over 4 weeks (SQUEE!!) We will have to play lots with the cameras.
    .-= DExtraordinaire´s last blog ..Taking A Step Back =-.

11. Jessi May 3, 2010 at 9:10 PM #

I can’t wait to see what you share with us as you rekindle your love with your camera. <3

12. Lisa May 3, 2010 at 9:07 PM #

Beautiful shots of beautiful kids. Taking pictures is great therapy.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..The Great Blankie Hunt of 2010 =-.

13. Maria May 3, 2010 at 8:31 PM #

Beautiful, MissAnissa. I missed seeing your lovely children.
    .-= Maria´s last blog ..chicken soup for the floom =-.