my house, the best way to not find a way outside…like, ever

There is this place in my house that will give me a great view.

I can see incoming traffic and the cute lawn guys.

Every day I get the best look at the new plants by my driveway and the kids riding their bikes back and forth.

Then the weather will get hot.  Kids will start to play in sprinklers. They want the fun that can only the backyard can bring.

The backyard that I can’t get to….or see.

I have to be happy for their good time.  Of course I smile when they do.  Those little stinkers will spread their fun around.

I know, STINKERS…yeah, yeah, I still love ‘em.

I have these limitations, things I have to work around or through.

But when it’s my own backyard….it suck.

Total Suckage.

, ,

15 Responses to my house, the best way to not find a way outside…like, ever

1. Kim @ Beautiful Wreck May 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM #

I believe you are going to make it out to the backyard, one way or another!

2. Kristin May 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM #

Thanks for the reminder that I need to write the letter for your Extreme Makeover Home Edition application.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Answers for you =-.

3. Colleen May 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM #

My daughter was in a body cast in 4th grade for two months. We had a handy neighbor come and build us a ramp…..do you have a handy neighbor??????

4. Stephanie May 13, 2010 at 4:45 AM #

I’m so sorry. There has to be a way to get you there…

Steph
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..The Cowboy Way =-.

5. Melisa with one S May 12, 2010 at 10:22 PM #

I’m with Peachy. Either that or we hire one of those big rigs to pick up your house and flip it around so your backyard turns into your front yard.

Wait, I guess that won’t work.

Okay, I’m with Peachy! :)
    .-= Melisa with one S´s last blog ..Under Pressure =-.

6. Janine (@twincident) May 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM #

I’m pretty handy with a sledge hammer and nails, and all that good stuff. I have an idea to help raise funds…I’ve been trying to find a way to use this ‘thing’ to help your family since November. I’ll email you.

7. Leslie May 12, 2010 at 9:57 PM #

You’ll get there. You will. You Will. YOU WILL. Hear me?

Leslie
    aka PenguinPapers,

8. Amy May 12, 2010 at 9:53 PM #

Surely there’s a window through which you could set up a webcam, so you could watch them from the couch.

I didn’t have a stroke last fall, and I’m considering this option for summer. :)
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..An Open Letter to Online News Sources =-.

9. Em May 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM #

I agree with Peachy. And you will make it back there! You’re doing awesome! :-)

10. Deb on the Rocks May 12, 2010 at 9:42 PM #

Wait, what, no cute lawn boys? This does suck, and probably is illegal. We all have a human right to ogle the lawn boys. Grrrr.

11. Amanda May 12, 2010 at 9:39 PM #

You will make it back there, you will.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..Work with what you’ve got =-.

12. Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) May 12, 2010 at 9:39 PM #

I agree… You’ll get there!
    .-= Susan (5 Minutes for Mom)´s last blog ..Joan Lunden — Journalist, Working Mother, Entrepreneur =-.

13. kyooty May 12, 2010 at 9:13 PM #

You’ll get there. I know you will

14. thepeachy1 May 12, 2010 at 9:09 PM #

OK interwebz. If extreme home makeover doesn’t make this happen for our girl, we gotta all come thru, we need to take that 18 inch diagonal back door and make it all Nissa friendly cause backyard summers are awesome, and she’s worked too damn hard not to be able to get there due to a damn door and step issue… who is with me on this?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. How to find a inexpensive attorney in Spartanburg, SC for DUI? | Attorney IQ - May 13, 2010

[...] my house, the best way to not find a way outside…like, ever … [...]