“Can I?” A phrase the people that know me best are sick of hearing. They tell me not to ask for permission, they’re not used to it. Just a few month ago I had a whole different existence. I didn’t have choices to make. I was lucky to be alive and they let me know [...]
There is this place in my house that will give me a great view. I can see incoming traffic and the cute lawn guys. Every day I get the best look at the new plants by my driveway and the kids riding their bikes back and forth. Then the weather will get hot. Kids will [...]
Every day is something new. A reason to be excited. Whether I’m able to move my leg a little more, or see some progress in my face…there is always something. And a part of me is worried. About the friends that will see me like this for the first time this summer. The ones that [...]
I woke to the smell of cooking eggs and muffins. “Don’t look, mama!!” is screamed at me. Plates made of goofy writing and coffee cups with smiling pictures adhered carefully are as good as gift of gold. The sun shines down on gleaming smiles and freshly scrubbed faces. “He’s touching me!” “She used my blue [...]
You will wake up. You will stare at the wall. You will wonder how this day could possibly be any different from the day before. You find your wheelchair. You get up. You do your exercises and stretches. You spend too long doing too little work. You nap. You play with your kids. You laugh [...]
having a personal set of disney dolls might not be down-the-well, putting-the-lotion-on-its-skin creepy, but still
I visited my old therapists. These were the ones I had last before I was able to go home. Belle, Cinderella and Jasmine. That’s what we called them and that’s what they’ll stay. These three ladies taught me enough so that I could go home. They gave me what I needed to be able to [...]
Back before I had the stroke, I was a very busy blogger. I always had someone to meet, a company to rep, a product to try. Dude, I was busy. I also wrote my blog that I loved, I wrote the blog that I dreamed about (and it came true), and these were just a [...]
The softest smile you can find. A bowl-full of craziness! Ummm…….no flash photography please. My camera. Learning something that I used to love….somehow I will be able to love it again.
People will ask what my motivation was for getting better. I wanted to get out of the hospital for sure. Walking again has always been something I tried to do. But mostly, the number one thing has always been my kids. The kids that make me laugh. The kids that make me try one more [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- KAT: Good way of explaining, and pleasant article to ob...
- Nina: Hi there everyone, it's mmy first go to see at ti...
- Togel Hongkong: I used to be suggested this web site by means of m...
- Adultfriends review: Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this web page dail...
- real fuck buddies: Everything is very open with a very clear clarific...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129