stubborn is a good thing…no, really, it is…IT IS!!

Rumor has it that I’m stubborn.

My parents will verify it.

My friends will testify to it.

Because he loves me, me husband denies knowing anything about it.

He’s smart, that one.

I used to be stubborn in work, and definitely in play.

Then I had two strokes.  And I was in a coma.  And there was a lot of rehab.

And I wasn’t stubborn anymore.

I learned to talk again.

I learned to eat again.

Every day I’m learning to walk, move, stretch, and try again.

Know what?

I’m starting to be stubborn again.

, ,

23 Responses to stubborn is a good thing…no, really, it is…IT IS!!

1. Grumble Girl May 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM #

Stubbornness totally rocks the hard jam. It just does – because it has to. You can do it, girl. Good for you!!
    .-= Grumble Girl´s last blog ..My Littlest Little =-.

2. Angela May 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM #

Love you. Take a deep breath, and keep going. You are amazing,

Ang

3. Cort May 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM #

stubborn is very good!!

4. Angella May 18, 2010 at 10:26 AM #

Between your stubbornness and MY stubbornness, that baby of ours is going to be a force to be reckoned with. ;)
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..The Last Dance =-.

5. Sarah Feakes May 18, 2010 at 8:33 AM #

Anissa You are awesome,You always have been and You always will be!
    Never give up, is that stubborn? Maybe.
    Remember an ant can move a rubber tree plant.
    So you can move more and more even if its a little at a time.
    Love You!

6. Sandy Jenney May 18, 2010 at 7:41 AM #

Hells bells…what do you mean you weren’t stubborn! What do you think woke you up from your coma? What do you think made you fight so hard to come back? I think very few people would be where you are today.
    You are do dang stubborn that you refused to just lie there and do nothing!
    It doesn’t have to be a negative thing if used in the right way.
    Stubborn is a badge of honor to you girl. You keep getting more stubborn…in the refusing to give up way….and it will get you far!
    .-= Sandy Jenney´s last blog ..Magical Trip to Build a Bear =-.

7. Ashley Hast May 17, 2010 at 11:00 PM #

Yay stubborn!! Wooohoooo! ;) In my book, stubborn gets things done.
    .-= Ashley Hast´s last blog ..Lame-o Chick I will *so* not like for *forever* =-.

8. amy May 17, 2010 at 10:20 PM #

And STRONG! Stubborn means strength!

9. Mikeporterinmd May 17, 2010 at 7:14 PM #

Stubborn just means you have your convictions and are now able to act on them. Yay!

10. Jessica (@kikarose) May 17, 2010 at 7:06 PM #

I don’t believe for a second that you stopped being stubborn. Let’s hear what those Rehab people have to say about that! ;-)

Welcome back to standing on your own two feet… even if it’s still just metaphorically.
    .-= Jessica (@kikarose)´s last blog ..And the princess turned 5 =-.

11. Barnmaven May 17, 2010 at 5:20 PM #

This is one of those situations where your stubbornness is something to celebrate!
    .-= Barnmaven´s last blog ..Listless Monday: Things I’ve Lost/Things I’ve Gained =-.

12. Cindy Giron May 17, 2010 at 2:05 PM #

Stubborn is GOOD!

13. Wendy May 17, 2010 at 1:33 PM #

Hey girl, it’s so nice to see the stubborn coming out in you again. Quitting has never really been your thing and it’s great to read about the progress you’ve made. Keep the fight going and know you’re missed in Florida. Lots of Love!

14. Kristin May 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM #

That starting to be stubborn again, BEST news in a while! And, it is the best because stubborn gets you through the hard times. Stubborn gets you through the bitch that is physical therapy. Stubborn brings Anissa back all the way!
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Celebrating Nature’s Wondrous Sights =-.

15. Michelle May 17, 2010 at 1:19 PM #

I love this. I had JUST found you when you went and had that damn second stroke so I am so glad you are a stubborn as you are.

You are one bad ass, amazing, STUBBORN woman. Be proud! ;)

16. LisaUnfiltered May 17, 2010 at 12:58 PM #

SO glad to hear you’re back to your old ways! MUCH love!
    .-= LisaUnfiltered´s last blog ..Pizza and Beer… Part 2: The Review =-.

17. Melisa with one S May 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM #

Sounds like GREAT news, to me!
    .-= Melisa with one S´s last blog ..Who, Me??? =-.

18. tricia May 17, 2010 at 12:13 PM #

ongrats! Stubborn is DEFINITELY a good thing!
    .-= tricia´s last blog ..Snapshot Saturday =-.

19. Leslie/PenguinPapers May 17, 2010 at 12:08 PM #

We love the stubborn in you. :)

20. Why Mom Drinks Rum May 17, 2010 at 12:07 PM #

Dude, stubborn is a VIRTUE….I declared it on Twitter (back before I quit Twitter to raise unicorns and llama hybrids) like….a year ago. That makes it legal and binding (in Sri Lanka). Love you kitten…~Holly

21. thepeachy1 May 17, 2010 at 11:17 AM #

Rock on you stubborn smexy beastie… much lurve sent your way.

22. Mandi Bone May 17, 2010 at 11:13 AM #

One of the first questions I was asked to be accepted into a rehab facility was how much I like to fight,prove others wrong and my stubbornness level? I got accepted. Keep kicking ass!
    .-= Mandi Bone´s last blog ..Evie’s First Week of School =-.

23. Paul K May 17, 2010 at 11:04 AM #

Inspiring. I agree. Stubborn is good. Best.