the lido deck…where we find drinks with colorful umbrellas…and Isaac

Just the other night I found an envelope that had never been opened.  I ripped it open, because that’s how I am, and guess what I found.

I was the holder of a Disney Cruise ticket dated back in November 2009.  Just hours after I had my strokes.  I feel lucky that I wasn’t on the cruise yet, although a cruise would be nice. I was going to go on that cruise with other bloggers.  Get the experience without kids to distract me.  Boooyah!!

I think about that time.  All the plans, the hopes, the bright future before me.  I traveled, I partied, I hosted, I loved the life of new people and old friends.

Yeah, I missed it.

How could I not?

I woke up to a life I never expected.  One I couldn’t anticipate or plan around.

This body wasn’t what I was used to.

The mind wasn’t quite up to par.

But one day, it will all work again.  We’ve seen the signs of progress and I refuse to ever give up

It’ll happen.  IT WILL WORK.

There’s no space for me to believe otherwise.

And so far, it. hasn’t let me down.

, ,

23 Responses to the lido deck…where we find drinks with colorful umbrellas…and Isaac

1. Lucretia Pruitt May 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM #

The best part about the *next* cruise? You’ll be 100% there for it.
    Hang in there lady – you are awesome
    .-= Lucretia Pruitt´s last blog ..Social Media Marketing’s Dirty Little Secret =-.

2. Tracy Solomon May 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM #

I remember reading that when you had your stroke, about the Disney Cruise. You’ll get to your cruise, I am sure of that. I just think the crew better watch out! I mean, the crew on the Disney Cruise had it coming to them before but now… I pity the crew that has the new Anissa. You are going to be a wild woman! Maybe you should take the kids. Then you can let loose and the eyes will be on them running around.

Nahhhh… leave the kids and enjoy the trip, go wild!!

You’ll get there:)

Love, Tracy Solomon
    .-= Tracy Solomon´s last blog ..Are You the "Right" Color? =-.

3. Barnmaven May 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM #

You will get there, Anissa. You have the drive, determination and passion to make it happen, right along with the support of your family and a whole lot of friends and perfect strangers. If only we could get you there by clapping and cheering alone!
    .-= Barnmaven´s last blog ..They don’t slow down =-.

4. Sunnie in NC May 28, 2010 at 8:48 AM #

You keep rockin’ it out Anissa…..I have not doubt you will get it ALL back and then some!!
    Sunnie

5. Catch the Kids May 28, 2010 at 4:50 AM #

I have only started reading your blog and love your zany sense of humour. You are an amazing lady and have so much strength that will get you through. When you get on that cruise, it will be twice at sweet.

6. Mental P Mama May 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM #

I think you are awesome. And I want to be on your next cruise.

7. Kristin May 27, 2010 at 6:27 PM #

Hell yeah, no doubt you’ll make it all the way back!
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..More Random Shit from Me =-.

8. Amy May 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM #

I wish I knew you in person. Cuz you are awesome and real and honest and an inspiration. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

9. Mary @ Holy Mackerel May 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM #

There is no other choice but to believe! Just like when our kids had cancer. You just have to believe they’re going to be okay…

10. Katherine May 27, 2010 at 3:27 PM #

There will be all those types of opportunities and even more fabulousness ready for you whenever YOU are ready, go girl, keep it up!! :)
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..Mission Shelf Repair =-.

11. Amy May 27, 2010 at 2:46 PM #

I don’t think I’ve ever commented but want to say… You rock. And I love the new blog design.

12. Melisa with one s May 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM #

Yes, yes, yes. You will get there.

And then you can host your own cruise, just like Richard Simmons & Rosie O’Donnell.

Or maybe NOT JUST LIKE them. :)
    .-= Melisa with one s´s last blog ..The Graduate =-.

13. Bridget May 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM #

Don’t stop believin’…hold on to that feelin’…
    (I wish I knew how to make those little music note icon thingys.)

• Kandi May 27, 2010 at 2:01 PM #

For the music notes, ♪♫ I went to google for you and copied and pasted. So cool. Enjoy. And Anissa! You Rock! ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

14. Apryl's Antics May 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM #

You will get there. Just remember, though, that every time you see the sign for the Lido deck, you’ll hear the “Lido Shuffle” by Boz Scaggs in your head. It’s one of the only thing that sucks about cruises, except for viruses, fires at sea, and pirates.

15. Anne May 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM #

You will get there because you are strong, determined, kick ass and you have a pretty nice rack!
    XOXO
    .-= Anne ´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

16. Miss Grace May 27, 2010 at 1:34 PM #

You’ll get there.
    .-= Miss Grace´s last blog ..Owchiwawa =-.

17. Adventures In Babywearing May 27, 2010 at 1:20 PM #

I remember, I know you were looking forward to it so much. Can I PLEASE be on your celebration cruise at the end of all this? We could have an awesome party boat. I am SO THERE.

Steph
    .-= Adventures In Babywearing´s last blog ..Closets: a rare peek into my blog closet =-.

18. Renee May 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM #

YEAH!! It will definitely all work again, just keep doing what you’re doing. You’re awesome!

19. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] May 27, 2010 at 1:12 PM #

You please please please need to consider the cruise with me and Becky in March 2011. Make it a goal.
    .-= Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last blog ..Start thinking about March 2011 =-.

20. sarah May 27, 2010 at 1:12 PM #

you are absolutly amazing. We have praying for you since the tweet went out you needed prayers.

21. Jack May 27, 2010 at 1:10 PM #

A good attitude can do so much to help get through the rougher spots. Can’t fix everything, but it makes it all a bit easier. Here is to a speedy recovery that leaves you better than you were before this all happened.
    .-= Jack´s last blog ..Take a Walk on The Wild Side =-.

22. Maria May 27, 2010 at 1:08 PM #

Fuck yeah, lady.
    .-= Maria´s last blog ..Love the Gulf =-.