funkytown, one turn past Allentown and Elizabethtown

Sometimes I get in a funk.

Then I have to make myself find reasons for to get out of it.

There’s been physical progress, conference opportunities, Extreme Home Makeover videos, husbands that make threats involving things that are put up high.

Funk?  When do I have long to wallow in the funkadelio?

Mainly because the one thing that makes me most funkless is my kids.

And I think we know that a good funk doesn’t stand a chance against those smiles.

Not. A. Chance.

(still trying to figure out how to work with my camera and software….sorry for anything wonky)

, ,

19 Responses to funkytown, one turn past Allentown and Elizabethtown

1. pharmgirl June 10, 2010 at 10:00 PM #

Beautiful babies.
    you do good work.

2. Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} June 9, 2010 at 7:06 PM #

My Gah. With those smiles how could a funk survive?
    .-= Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher}´s last blog ..Bret Michaels Never Grew Anything This Pretty—Except Maybe His Hair =-.

3. MommyNaniBooboo June 9, 2010 at 6:58 PM #

It’s true… looking at your freaking gorgeous kids just sent my funk running.
    .-= MommyNaniBooboo´s last blog ..I was goint to look for a new OB/GYN, but then I used her bathroom. =-.

4. Grumble Girl June 9, 2010 at 6:57 PM #

Siiiiiick. And too gorgeous for words.
    The funks also don’t stand a chance when paired with James Brown. I’m just sayin’.
    xox

5. Miss Banshee June 9, 2010 at 6:53 PM #

Have I toooooooooooooold you laaaaaaaaately that I loooooooooooove yooooooooooou??????????????
    .-= Miss Banshee´s last blog ..Cue The Chorus To "Paranoid" =-.

6. andrea June 9, 2010 at 6:53 PM #

Absofrigginlutely beautiful.
    .-= andrea´s last blog ..Pour Your Heart Out =-.

7. andi June 9, 2010 at 6:06 PM #

Gorgeous photos! (And I should know – I’m a photographer…) Gorgeous kids!!

I love that kids can get us out of funks, don’t you?

HUGS! Your progress is astounding! I can tell even from your posts….

8. Erin June 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM #

funkadelio & wonkishness are to be expected on this ride but am glad you can get yourself out of funkytown when need be. and those smiles? they are making me ignore my own children at the moment so i’m sure they completely own you. :)

9. Colleen June 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM #

The kids are gorgeous; don’t apologize for perfection.

10. ThePeachy1 June 9, 2010 at 2:36 PM #

Your kids even cheer me up… freedom from funkytown

11. Michelle June 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM #

glad you are out of your funkedy funk! kids are awesome that way!

12. Allison @ Alli 'n Son June 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM #

Look at those faces. Not even the grumpiest person in the world could stand up next to that.
    .-= Allison @ Alli ‘n Son´s last blog ..Chugga, Chugga, Choo-Choo! =-.

13. Ashley Hast June 9, 2010 at 1:53 PM #

Holy. Monkey. Piss. *Beautiful* babies!!!
    .-= Ashley Hast´s last blog ..Lame-o Chick I will *so* not like for *forever* =-.

14. amanda June 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM #

Radiant, every last one of ya.
    .-= amanda´s last blog ..Can it be? =-.

15. Sherry Carr-Smith June 9, 2010 at 11:49 AM #

Funks are hard. Kids are pretty much the only fail safe funk-buster in my world. And cupcakes. Kids and cupcakes. And unicorns. Kids, cupcakes and unicorns. But that’s it.
    .-= Sherry Carr-Smith´s last blog ..The Lies We Tell Ourselves =-.

16. TechyDad June 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM #

Nothing ruins a bad mood quicker than a smiling kid’s face. How can I wallow in my sadness when they’re smiling, laughing and acting so goofy?!!! How dare they cheer me up every time like that! ;-)
    .-= TechyDad´s last blog ..(Not So) Wordless Wednesday: Sharks with Frickin Laser Beams =-.

17. Julie Presley June 9, 2010 at 10:48 AM #

I have a hard time digging out of funk’s when I have them! Sometimes my kids drive me deeper into them! Glad you’re comin’ out and I can’t wait to hear how EHM works out!!!

18. Desera June 9, 2010 at 10:40 AM #

Love the pictures of your gorgeous kids! I’ve missed seeing them! There really is nothing better to get you out of a funk than kids! Keep your chin up lady! You’re well on your way!

19. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] June 9, 2010 at 10:33 AM #

Worse than feeling funky? Smelling funky. At least you don’t smell.

See? I’m a good friend to help you out of funks.
    .-= Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last blog ..my posts > your posts =-.