i got the best kind of people you can hope to find

I’ve been lucky.  So very lucky I hardly know what to do with myself.

Most people won’t skate on the edge of death and come back to write blog posts about it.

Some will circle the drain, but not everyone has a family that will fight to keep you afloat.

Friends are great, having every person you ever met, plus some you didn’t plan on, is beyond every dream you ever had.  That’s just online.

I mean. Friends. FRIENDS. friends.

Do you take the time to feel lucky for the people you know?

I have been so stinkin’ lucky with this stroke.

The friends that are practically sisters.

The sister that’s now a best friend.

Buddies that have graduated to lifelines.

Casual acquaintances that became valued bonds.

Strangers DID become friends.

I may never have the chance to feel this way again.

Grateful.  Thankful.  Blessed.  Absolute Faith.

Befriended.

24 Responses to i got the best kind of people you can hope to find

1. Megha June 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM #

Great blog, and I think the things you write about are both the silly and important truths that not a lot of people talk about.

2. Megha June 21, 2010 at 10:17 AM #

.-= Megha´s last blog ..Chocolate Cake =-.

3. cartside June 13, 2010 at 6:35 PM #

Just wanted to say hello – you see I didn’t know your blog, just came across it when you had your stroke because so many people send you well wishes. I didn’t come back until today because I didn’t feel it would have been right, not knowing you as a blogger, even if bloggers I think of highly obviously care so much about you. It was so uplifting to read how well you are doing and how positive you are.

I will follow your blog from now on.

4. yogagalnw June 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM #

Anissa,

We’ve never met but I am so grateful for you and your amazing talents. You are BRILLIANT in every meaning of the word.

5. Paperclippe June 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM #

I haven’t commented on your blog in the past (I don’t think), and I’ve never met you. I read your tweets and I read your blog, and that’s it.

And I love you. :D

6. Adventures In Babywearing June 12, 2010 at 11:46 AM #

Love you. So true.

Steph
    .-= Adventures In Babywearing´s last blog ..readthebook =-.

7. Catch the Kids June 12, 2010 at 7:57 AM #

What a great way to look at the latest events in your life. You are so positive and strong and I’m sure this is helping your amazing recovery. Your attitude made me think of this saying… “If you don’t get everything you want in this life, think of everything you didn’t get and didn’t want!”. Makes me remember my blessings…

8. Stacey June 11, 2010 at 3:57 PM #

Aww…but seriously a lot of that credit goes to you for your awesome-ocity. It’s easy to be your (online) friend.

9. Redneck Mommy June 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM #

Aw dammit Anissa. Now I’m all watery.

So happy you are still here.
    .-= Redneck Mommy´s last blog ..Somebody Tell Me What To Do =-.

10. em June 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM #

GROUP HUG!

11. Lex (@laprimera) June 11, 2010 at 2:17 PM #

Makin’ me cry woman. I’m cryin’ for 3 ya know! :) xoxo
    .-= Lex (@laprimera)´s last blog ..first comes love =-.

12. Jess June 11, 2010 at 12:59 PM #

And….here come the waterworks. Damn it’s dusty in here…

13. mommabird2345 June 11, 2010 at 12:06 PM #

You are loved by many. :)

14. Julianna June 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM #

I got chills. Thanks for the reminder. I need to show some appreciation.

15. Desera June 11, 2010 at 10:45 AM #

I think we are all the lucky ones……♥

16. lexlocilori June 11, 2010 at 10:42 AM #

That is awesome to feel so connected. I came across your site via a tweet from the Bloggess. I am rooting for you : )
    .-= lexlocilori´s last blog ..Better Homes and Gardens better just stick to Homes and Gardens =-.

17. Secret Agent Mama - Mishi June 11, 2010 at 9:49 AM #

It’s Love. Love. Love. Love.
    .-= Secret Agent Mama – Mishi´s last blog ..An Interview with Myself =-.

18. Rita Arens June 11, 2010 at 9:46 AM #

You’re so right. I am so aware of how unfair it is that I have so many people in my life who make me smile, encourage me and genuinely want to see me succeed. I do not deserve so many friends, but I’m grateful every day that I have them.
    .-= Rita Arens´s last blog ..In Which I Continue to Make Fun of Bon Jovi Lyrics =-.

19. Elsa June 11, 2010 at 9:19 AM #

everyone comes into our lives for a reason … I am glad that through Twitter and the blogs you came into our lives … I may never meet you in real life but your strength, your determination, your passion is real nonetheless … lifting you all in prayer

20. Melisa with one S June 11, 2010 at 9:14 AM #

You are surrounded by love.
    .-= Melisa with one S´s last blog ..I’ll Tell You Who He Is…He’s MY SON! =-.

21. Colleen June 11, 2010 at 9:13 AM #

I always start my day by checking in with you. This was perfect, thank-you Anissa.

22. Janine (@twincident) June 11, 2010 at 9:09 AM #

I think you cannot ignore the fact that you and your family draw people to you. Not everyone has your light, your energy, your kindness, your faith. The positive stuff (energy, faith, etc) you and Pete had even during the roughest times was like a lure. We could smell it, read about it, feel it, and we wanted more.
    It’s no wonder you also have lots of friends who stick around.
    And I feel lucky just to know you and be able to read all about it.

23. Maria June 11, 2010 at 8:57 AM #

This made me smile like woah.
    .-= Maria´s last blog ..Girl Talk Thursday: Favorite Childhood Books =-.