nothing says summer like a blow-up, too-short, backyard pool

We got a pool for the kids to enjoy.

Something they could enjoy that would be cool and comfy and chase the worst of the summer heat away.

A pool!  YAY!!!

That the kids can’t get in! YAY!!

Well, that wasn’t very smart, was it?

I can never be their supervising ADULT with the pool because they wouldn’t be safe.

I can’t get in the water and save my babies if they need if they need me.

That sucks.

So, we’ll all look at the water and wish for something else.

The kids will wish they could get in the water.

Mom will wish she could get them out.

9 Responses to nothing says summer like a blow-up, too-short, backyard pool

1. Stef June 21, 2010 at 6:35 PM #

I found your blog on Heather Spohr’s blog. I’ve read every detail since you suffered your strokes. Your recent posts are really gaining passion. I’m glad you’re so honest. I like you. You’re gonna make a baywatch caliber comeback soon enough!

2. Lori V. June 20, 2010 at 9:13 PM #

As soon as we come home, I’ll walk down and be the supervising adult….
    .-= Lori V.´s last blog ..Grandma’s Tea =-.

3. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] June 20, 2010 at 12:04 PM #

crap. that sucks.
    .-= Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last blog ..My obligatory Father’s Day post. =-.

4. ThePeachy1 June 18, 2010 at 1:24 PM #

Set up lifegaurd duty for the older /more responsible ones. Last summer my son was locked alone in our rural house, no other kids, no trips, no company just no fun. And it was my fault, my health kept him prisoner. I am feeling ya. Sucks

5. AmazingGreis June 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM #

I would totally be a supervising adult, I just wish I lived closer!!!
    .-= AmazingGreis´s last blog ..Happy Friday… =-.

6. melisa with one S June 18, 2010 at 12:45 PM #

That truly does suck. I’m sorry about that! But I agree with the others. There’s got to be a neighborhood mom friend who will come and hang out? I hope so!
    .-= melisa with one S´s last blog ..Teenaged Boys Often Smell Good! (Really!) =-.

7. Kristin June 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM #

I bet there is a neighbor who could help out as the supervising adult in trade for pool usage.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Urban Decay and Recreational Trespassing =-.

8. CJ June 18, 2010 at 11:16 AM #

I agree with Desera! I’m sure that some pool-less person will be more than happy to offer their services for the use of the pool! That sounds like a Craigslist post in the making!
    .-= CJ´s last blog ..Ronnie Lee =-.

9. Desera June 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM #

Awwwwww….I’m sorry! I bet some of the kids in the neighborhood could bring someone along to help out? If I were closer, I would be your supervising adult!