Someone asked a question and I answered, then I wondered how many others had similar thoughts.

The person asked me how I got my thoughts to blog, and if I used a voice-recognition software.

I wish.

Part of me does wish.  It would be nice to have software that makes it easy and fast and would allow me to get back up to speed.

Then my husband calls me lazy.

Calls me LAZY!

Calls ME lazy.

The man that leaves his dirty socks on the floor by the couch calls me lazy.

And I type.

With one arm….and the wrong hand…and a computer that isn’t even mine.  I’m typing.

Without help.  Without software.  Without anything making it easier.

Because, of all things, I won’t be lazy.

I may be slow and I may be clumsy, but it IS me…all me.

, ,

25 Responses to there has to be an easier way, of course i won’t be allowed to take it, but it’s easier

1. domestic Extraordinaire June 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM #

You would never know it was your wrong arm when you are working. You are so far from lazy…..you are determined and awesome and I am so happy to call you friend!!
    .-= domestic Extraordinaire´s last blog ..You Capture-Water =-.

2. MRs. Schmitty June 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM #

You ate my idol.
    .-= MRs. Schmitty´s last blog ..NJ State Trooper Marc Castellano =-.

3. Susie June 18, 2010 at 2:34 AM #

Typing one handed and with the wrong one? I just knew that, and that’s why I savor each and every word you write. Keep rockin’ Anissa! You are one awesome and amazing lady…

4. Michelle June 17, 2010 at 1:10 PM #

Ha! You know what’s funny about this? When I read it I was all, “Ooooh. Voice recognition would make it easier, huh?” Because I totally had been picturing you typing. Slowly and methodically and STUBBORNLY typing. Yep.

5. Cort June 17, 2010 at 8:27 AM #

Dirty couch socks are the worst.

Hunt and peck with the wrong hand until the cows come home, girl! You rock!
    .-= Cort´s last blog ..Over the shoulder boulder holders =-.

6. BecZhang June 16, 2010 at 9:54 PM #

You rock! Your wrong hand is doing something hand. I love reading your posts. My husband totally leaves his dirty socks by the couch too. Glad I’m not alone.
    .-= BecZhang´s last blog ..i like my weddings just a little on the trashy side =-.

7. Joanna Moore June 16, 2010 at 9:33 PM #

I am just waiting for you to assemble all of this together and have a book published. There are lots of blogs that have become books, but your writing style is so poetic that it is more compelling than most. Everyday that I read it, I marvel at your eloquence.

8. Colleen June 16, 2010 at 8:49 PM #

I had a feeling that you were doing this the hard way. I learn so much from you. Thank you for sharing your story, your victories and your day-to-day meanderings. Your perspective on things adds richness to my days.
    .-= Colleen´s last blog ..Sometimes "No" is the Best Answer =-.

9. GuiltySquid June 16, 2010 at 7:55 PM #

I am glad it is all you! Every word is worth it! You go girl!

10. Carrie June 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM #

Man, I wish I had ONE OUNCE of your determination!

11. ThePeachy1 June 16, 2010 at 7:46 PM #

I really think Peter is pushing you just so you will get up and punch him in the junk.

12. Miss Grace June 16, 2010 at 7:42 PM #

You’re awesome beyond compare.

13. Chris June 16, 2010 at 6:22 PM #

You are NOT lazy.

And I’m too stubborn to use the voice recognition, despite family members begging me to. Ha. I refuse to give this disease any concessions it doesn’t earn, strike that, take, from me. So there.

14. Jenny June 16, 2010 at 5:00 PM #

That’s me! I asked you that! Wow, this is how it feels to be famous? You are already a rock star, and now you are my road to blogging history….except…you didn’t link me up. That’s ok. I’ll forgive you for your one-handedness THIS time. :) j/k. Lots of love!

15. Lisa June 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM #

LAZY comes in LAST, since your winning your fight your not last and definetly not LAZY. Now tell hubby to pick up his socks.

16. Jessica June 16, 2010 at 1:49 PM #

Way to be the hard-ass, Peter (you sock dropping monster you.) But we all know who the real hard-ass is and that’s Anissa. Anyone who can post a daily blog one handed (and the wrong hand at that) is tougher than me.

17. Kristin June 16, 2010 at 1:49 PM #

I think Peter’s the best kind of eeeeevil out there. You kick serious ass Anissa!
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..So that’s the explanation… =-.

18. mommabird2345 June 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM #

You definitely are NOT lazy. YOU are a Rock Star! :)

19. Peter Mayhew June 16, 2010 at 11:11 AM #

Get it right. No concessions. I don’t want you being made comfortable unless you’re sleeping! We’re fighting mental acceptance here sister!

A year from now, if you still want it, we can discuss.

Evil aren’t I?

20. Kathy June 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM #

Ha, ha, yeah, you are really lazy! :-) Sitting around in your chair all day eating bonbons, right? Yours is the first blog I check out every morning. Short, sweet and to the point.

21. DefendUSA June 16, 2010 at 9:55 AM #

If you have an iphone, there is a free app-Dragon. Or there is also a dictation for memos on the 3g that can send the dictation to email, I think. I used it to outfox my hussband/boss when he emailed me a client’s dictation and wanted a readable document. It was awesome since I don’t “do” dictation!

I volunteer to do work with the troops and one of the things is that the guys with amputations need to be able to communicate and they use voice to text Dragon as well on a PC or laptop since they cannot type. I wanna say it is quite affordable and there may even be some free versions of other stuff out there to try.

22. Melisa with one S June 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM #

Makes us appreciate your inspirational posts even more. :)
    .-= Melisa with one S´s last blog ..Couch To 5K Update: Mind Games =-.

23. Sally Mulligan June 16, 2010 at 9:10 AM #

You keep going girl, you are inspiration to the rest of us!!!

24. Julie Shaner June 16, 2010 at 9:05 AM #

Awesome….just what I needed to read this am as I was having my very own pity party due to a soon to be ex who is bailing yet again on his kids forcing me to be the adult and the responsible one. Thanks…i enjoy ur posts anu seem pretty amazing……