a dream that i’m sure will come true someday

I had a dream.

I was wearing a dress with a long skirt that blew in the wind.

I was laughing and joking with my friends.  Brittany and Natalie were there.  Amanda was too. There was a lot of people to see, my dream parties are fun.

The champagne flowed bubbly and sparkly.

I moved to see Heather and Meghan, to hear the giggles of my Mom and the pastor’s wife, Cathy.

My dress had flowers on it, big white ones.  Like camellias.

Most importantly, in my dream, I walked.  I floated.  I glided from person to person as I stopped to say hello.

My legs moved like there was nothing wrong.  Like nothing had ever been wrong. Like nothing ever would be.

Then I woke up.  The dream was over.

I sat up.

I looked down and stared at my legs.

I think these legs will someday move that way.  Like nothing’s wrong.

29 Responses to a dream that i’m sure will come true someday

1. emma July 16, 2010 at 6:51 PM #

Remember when the dream was to sit up? This dream will indeed come true. I look forward to leaving the predictable congrats comment.

emma´s last post…Forcing It Out

2. DivineENVE July 15, 2010 at 10:41 PM #

I have faith in you Anissa!!!

DivineENVE´s last post…If you dont know what FB stands for in this post- I cant help you

3. natalie willis July 15, 2010 at 9:55 PM #

I am crazy mad excited about this party!! :-) It will happen! And? You will be my Stacey and/or Clinton for it beforehand so that I can look even 1/100 as beautiful as you do every single day!
    Love you!
    Natalie

4. Lisa July 15, 2010 at 9:01 PM #

What a beautiful dream. It will happen one day, that dream will come true and your legs will be moving, walking, like nothing ever happened.

Lisa´s last post…The Dog Days of Summer

5. Susie July 15, 2010 at 8:38 PM #

“Whether you believe you can or believe you can’t, you’re absolutely right.”
    -Henry Ford

Anissa- Your dream is showing you your future. Believe it! Each day’s journey –and all your hard work– is one day closer to living it. Now go grab that future!

6. Amy July 15, 2010 at 5:14 PM #

I also think they will move like that someday. But for now, flowing champagne sounds like a half-decent way to pass the time…xo

7. ingrid July 15, 2010 at 2:19 PM #

xo

8. chatty cricket July 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM #

I think they will too.

9. Erin July 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM #

Dude. I am a firm believer that dreams (in every sense) can come true. I’ve had so many instances of ‘deja vu’ that have happened to me – that I’ve realised after were actually snippits of dreams that I have had. It’s the weirdest sensation (and probably makes me sound more than a bit crazy, which granted, I am..but hopefully not in the BAD way) to be living a dream that you’ve had before.

Scary, weird, but AWESOME.

Ahhh! I cannot wait for you to experience it!!!!!!

I know that one day…all of your hard work will pay off and this lovely dream of yours will come true…and everyone will be cheering you on, happy that you’ve been able to accomplish what everyone knew you always could – you’re one tough cookie – and step by step (literally!), I know that you’ll prove it to the world :)

Erin´s last post…Its Not Even Halloween

10. Heather July 15, 2010 at 9:59 AM #

I know what it’s like to be physically broken and how wonderful it is to be (almost) whole again. If anyone can do this, you can. Your legs will eventually work the way you want them to.

Heather´s last post…Victory is mine! finally

11. Brittany July 15, 2010 at 9:47 AM #

I don’t want to alarm you, but it sounds kinda like we were getting married. WHICH MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

I am going to find a tux, only a few more weeks!

Brittany´s last post…Ink

12. Amanda July 15, 2010 at 9:47 AM #

You’ll do this and so much more, until then, we gather and hope and believe and encourage. Oh, and we look up, yes, we look up at a woman who embodies courage and grace. And then I think some people flash you Drew Barrymore style, but I may be confused.

Amanda´s last post…Delicate

13. Mandi Bone July 15, 2010 at 9:44 AM #

I have a tattoo on my arm that say’s Dreams do come true. It will happen.

Mandi Bone´s last post…Why I showed my boobies

14. pgoodness July 15, 2010 at 9:42 AM #

What a lovely dream. It will happen, I’m certain

15. Scala July 15, 2010 at 8:26 AM #

I look forward to seeing pictures of you in your dress, and posts from these friends about how it was such an awesome party.

It will happen. No doubts.

16. Melinda July 15, 2010 at 7:55 AM #

If anyone can walk again, it’s you! You are the strongest person I know and I have no doubt whatsoever you will be walking within the year. *hugs*

17. Dawn July 15, 2010 at 4:06 AM #

Keep holding on to that dream!
    I’m one of many praying for it to happen for you – and that you can find that dress!

18. Adventures In Babywearing July 15, 2010 at 2:01 AM #

If it’s in your dreams, it can (and will) come true. :)

Steph

(a dream is a wish your heart makes…)

Adventures In Babywearing´s last post…Through The Years

19. Erika July 15, 2010 at 1:32 AM #

may it be so and may it be so

20. domestic extraordinaire July 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM #

They will….I am sure of it.

domestic extraordinaire´s last post…Shes got some Keys to Safe Driving Now

21. Elizabeth Kaylene July 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM #

They will. Don’t lose faith and keep trying. You will get there!

xoxo

Elizabeth Kaylene´s last post…Popi

22. Nadine July 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM #

Dreams do come true!! You go girl!!!

23. Kristin July 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM #

If sheer strength of will and determination have anything to do with it, I have absolutely no doubt you will move that way again. Go, go , go!

Kristin´s last post…Can anyone explain this to me

24. Tug July 14, 2010 at 11:15 PM #

If anyone can make their dreams come true, it’s you, and if anyone wishes your dreams come true, it’s us. Wishes and prayers…YOU.CAN.DO.IT.

Tug´s last post…Columbine

25. Wanda July 14, 2010 at 10:56 PM #

I think those legs will work again too Anissa. Such a great dream too…keep on dreaming..:)

Wanda´s last post…News

26. cindy w July 14, 2010 at 10:49 PM #

That’s totally going to happen someday. I have no doubt. And I’m willing to bet that we can even find you the dress.

27. Melisa with one S July 14, 2010 at 10:36 PM #

I think they will too.

Who said, “If you can dream it, you can do it”…?

Keep dreaming!

Melisa with one S´s last post…This Could NOT Wait Until Tomorrow

28. Tracy Solomon July 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM #

Anissa, that is a beautiful dream. I hope you continue to have those dreams until your dreams not only come true but they are more than you could ever imagine! Our dreams may not always be what happens but I think sometimes what ends happening is something far greater than what we could have ever dreamed. That is what I pray happens for you.

Love, Tracy
    ladybugkatia.com

Tracy Solomon´s last post…Inspired or Angered

29. Sara Broers July 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM #

I know your legs will work again-keep the faith. I have been in very similar shoes, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!

Sara Broers´s last post…My 23rd Wordless Wednesday Post