a story about a bed that isn’t racy in any way

It’s old.

It’s seen four moves.

It’s been where we brought three babies home to sleep.

It’s where we dreamed of healthier days without colds and sniffles, then without cancer and strokes.

The bed has seen MUCH better days.  We always said we’d buy a new one, but other thing got in the way.

It pokes us now.  When my crippled body sits on it there are broken spots. It sucks because if only half your body works you want that half to be able to rest.  It’s a must.

It really sucks when you have to decide between therapy for your body, and the bed that will serve as the foundation.

Did I mention the dryer needs replaced?

Ehhhhh…..SUCKIT!!

22 Responses to a story about a bed that isn’t racy in any way

1. Carrie July 14, 2010 at 5:09 PM #

I hear ya!

Hoping for some sweet dreams in the VERY near future.

Carrie´s last post…Brave

2. laurie July 14, 2010 at 1:26 PM #

This is completely off topic, but I just wrote a post about what it’s like, a year on, to be the mom of a cancer survivor. (In my son’s case, testicular cancer. So he’s a lot older. But I think a lot of the feelings are universal.) I found myself thinking of you.

Be well!

laurie´s last post…Relearning Normal- Surviving Testicular Cancer as a Mom- One Year On

3. Wanda July 13, 2010 at 9:40 PM #

If it’s not one thing it’s another, isn’t it? I figure we’ll get a new mattress when all the kids leave home….that maybe in another 20 years or so…:(

Wanda´s last post…Reblog if youre a fitness blog just wanting to be healthier- not underweight

4. Julie Presley July 13, 2010 at 8:02 PM #

I see a big huge bus in your future. One that sits in front of your house until people scream at it to move.

5. Adventures In Babywearing July 13, 2010 at 5:50 PM #

Girl, I just messaged Kenmore about your dryer.

Steph

6. Bejewell July 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM #

I second that whole “I wish I was rich” thing. Of course, I’d probably buy myself a new house and an airplane and probably a diamond-encrusted tiara first, but I’m pretty sure after that I could fit in a new mattress for you. Or at least one of those egg-crate mattress cover things.

(hugs)

Bejewell´s last post…Summer Break- BEWB FEST ‘10 Edition

7. Susan July 13, 2010 at 3:16 PM #

All families have these kinds of financial crises! They suck but that’s life.

• Sarah July 14, 2010 at 11:27 AM #

Many families have financial crises, but not all…….and I’m quite certain most families do not have childhood cancer and debilitating strokes as part of their daily routine. That SUCKS and that is NOT life as most of us know it. I’m sorry that your life is apparently not going well, however.

8. Barnmaven July 13, 2010 at 3:13 PM #

It bothers me a lot that this country can’t pass a health care reform bill that would cover essential things like therapy so that families don’t have to go without. It sucks that you can’t have both. I’m really praying you get an EHM. Of all the people I know you need and deserve it the most.

Barnmaven´s last post…Not so Teeney

• Deb Rox July 13, 2010 at 11:02 PM #

I second that emotion!

9. Elizabeth Kaylene July 13, 2010 at 2:06 PM #

I say you put the mattress first because, like you said, your body needs rest. You need therapy, too, but all the physical therapy could easily be nulled by an uncomfortable bed.

Elizabeth Kaylene´s last post…Popi

10. Hockeymandad July 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM #

The only thing worse than needing a new mattress is shopping for one. The dryer can wait until it gets colder outside, the southern summer heat probably works better than a dryer anyway. ;)

Hockeymandad´s last post…Hello Monday

11. Tracy Solomon July 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM #

A matress definitely has a lot to do with your entire day (and night) but it is true, especially as parents we always put ourselves off till last and the matress is something that is covered up and hidden so it seems to really get put off for a long long time.

I wish that I could have one delivered to you because trust me, I would in a heartbeat. That would feel wonderful to be able to do. I know it would just make your day and Pete’s day which would make your kids happy and that would make my day! It comes back to the motto we use, “Love comes back when you give it to someone else.”

You have given a lot of love! Hopefully very soon, it will come pouring back, Anissa:)

Love, Tracy

Keeping this in prayers. Specifically a matress that will have you sleeping like a baby!!

Tracy Solomon´s last post…Inspired or Angered

12. Melinda July 13, 2010 at 12:17 PM #

We got a new mattress a month before our 2yo was born. Within six months, two babies, three dogs and two cats made it seem we’d had it for decades lol

Our needs always get shoved to the side for others needs. Then, when you decide to go for it, the suckit fairy shows up and laughs at you. The only thing I can think of to say is: BOOBS!

*smoochies and hugs*

13. Casey July 13, 2010 at 11:53 AM #

old beds suck, it took us forever to get a new mattress! for.ever.

Casey´s last post…new key chain

14. Amanda July 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM #

I wish I was rich and could go all daddy warbucks on your family and fix it all.

Amanda´s last post…Delicate

15. Shirley July 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM #

Oh heck! We haven’t replaced our mattress in forever- and we’ve replaced all the other ones in the house twice! I hope you guys can get all your broken stuff replaced very soon!

16. Greta July 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM #

hee hee. i love your sense of humor.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Trying for another Christmas Miracle | Mommy Brain Reports - February 10, 2011

[...] y’all… I need some help. A few months ago, I read a post from Anissa Mayhew saying that she and her hubby needed a new bed. Her bed has been around for a long time, is falling apart, and is not going to be much of a help [...]

2. New Bed 4 Anissa – Donating even $1 will help — on The Mommy Insider The Mommy Insider - December 28, 2010

[...] though I’ve never met Anissa and have only actually communicated with her once or twice via Twitter I believe, I have followed [...]

3. Christmas Miracles do happen – can YOU Help? - December 23, 2010

[...] few months ago, I read a post from Anissa Mayhew saying that she and her hubby needed a new bed. Her bed has been around for a long time, is falling apart, and is not going to be much of a help [...]

4. i have never been so happy about dirty underwear in my life | #FreeAnissa - August 15, 2010

[...] Then at the end I casually bellyached that our washing machine wasn’t working. [...]