going back to school might require drinks

We went through the doors like a herd of drunk emu.

To be honest I don’t know what a drunken emu really looks like. But, seriously, if it can cause panic on the faces of hairdressers in Great Clips across the country, you have to wonder if the emu might not know something we don’t.

Cause, Dude, panic.

We caused it.

It was great!

The looks on their faces as we filled their little lobby, was only better when our friends showed up and added three more to the mix.

They smiled so nice and cut bangs, bobs, and high and tight in hopes of getting us out of there.

Then the kids knocked over one of their signs.

And did you know that when a seven year old hits one bottle of shampoo the whole display goes down like dominoes?

Apparently they do.

I wonder if a $7.00 haircut pays for the broken chair the kids left behind.

I think they were glad to see us go.

Drunken emu.

That’s all I got to say.

10 Responses to going back to school might require drinks

1. Erin July 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM #

OH MAN.

….I have a feeling the next time I’ve had a ‘few too many’ I’m going to be pretending to be an emu..Thanks for planting THAT idea in my brain…

That’s totally the going to be the new hot phrase…drunken emu’s….bawhaha.

Erin´s last post…Semi-Charmed Kinda Life

2. MommyNamedApril July 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM #

hehehe. after this i will forever think of you when i see the emu’s at our zoo.

MommyNamedApril´s last post…Im Still Here! Just Recovering From a Crazy Several Weeks Stand By- Please!!!

3. *firegirl* July 27, 2010 at 4:07 PM #

Drunken Emus…I am going to laugh about that all day.

4. Elizabeth Kaylene July 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM #

At first I thought you were talking about adults barging in like drunken emu… and then I finished and reread the post. I bet the salon is used to it. Maybe. At least the kids look snazzy now, right?

Elizabeth Kaylene´s last post…To the cat who thinks he is king

5. ThePeachy1 July 27, 2010 at 2:59 PM #

I know for a fact who you were with. I also know that the wrath of “Zilla” will go down in the great analogs of hair salon tragedies. Awesome, should have video taped it.

6. Melinda July 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM #

We haven’t gotten the two youngest (2 and 3) a haircut yet and the teen has taken to styling her own hair (she does a fairly good job with the scissors), so I haven’t had this experience yet. However, the visual is so good I might just have to give it a try soon. lol

7. Kristin July 27, 2010 at 3:04 AM #

I love the visual of drunken emu. It’s such a descriptive turn of phrase.

Kristin´s last post…Perfect Moment Monday- Sisterhood

8. mommabird2345 July 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM #

I’m sure the hairdressers are glad when my 3 kids & I leave too. We’ve all been there. :)

9. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] July 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM #

I swear you said boobs up there. But no, it was bobs.

I like to picture them styling your boobs.

Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last post…5 things you should know about me Because you care