i did what i never do but had to do today

This is where I’m supposed to tell you thing that might be sad.  This is also the place where I can brag when my body decides to do something new. Sometimes this is where I get to share something funny.

Today this place gets a new purpose.

It’s where I plot someone’s painful and untimely death.

No, I’m serious.

The person that is responsible for the amount of pain I went through today deserves a punishment that involves pitchforks and rusty tweezers.

P-A-I-N.

And I have a really high pain tolerance. Dude, I had three babies with no epidurals. I can take pain.

But today.

OMG.

I cried.  I never cry.

This time it was so bad that after the doctor left I let it out a little.

Then I had to make that stinking appointment for the next time.

27 Responses to i did what i never do but had to do today

1. Marcy from The Glamorous Life Association July 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM #

I had a very clear dream about you last night. Nevermind that we have only meet briefly…
    I was approaching an outside cafe..maybe a starbucks..and you were sitting at a table waiting for me. I waved- you waved back. And then you stood up and walked over to me. You gave me a big hug. Then you slapped my face and said ‘you’re late’. We laughed. Then you said ‘Are you ready? Where are your skates?” and I looked behind you to your seat. There was a pair of roller skates hanging from the chair…

By golly. We were going roller skating.

I love this dream.
    Someday I hope to make it a reality.
    Only with less slap maybe.

• Anissa July 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM #

I love this dream too. Promise we’ll roller skate some day. Or watch roller skater while we drink coffee.

2. Karen MEG July 16, 2010 at 8:13 PM #

Hon, I’m so sorry this is so hard for you. But you are doing AMAZING things…. always know that. We are all so very proud of you.

3. Amy July 16, 2010 at 6:07 PM #

You can do it, Anissa! The progress you’ve made has inspired thousands! I know it must really suck much of the time, but you’re amazing!

4. Barbara July 16, 2010 at 3:41 PM #

You cry if you damn well want to!

5. Sunnie in NC July 16, 2010 at 2:56 PM #

Push through it Anissa…it sucks ASS I’m sure but push through it!!
    Sunnie in NC

• Anissa July 17, 2010 at 11:11 AM #

You make me wish I could just have a baby and be done :)

6. Elizabeth Kaylene July 16, 2010 at 1:56 PM #

Sometimes, we all have to cry. I’m sorry it hurt so much. Thinking of you! *hugs*

Elizabeth Kaylene´s last post…One week

7. Laurie July 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM #

Even the strongest and bravest of us have to let it out sometimes. *hugs*

Laurie´s last post…Attend my @KitchenAidUSA Cook for the Cure Event

8. Hockeymandad July 16, 2010 at 9:21 AM #

Stay strong my friend. We are so proud of your hard work.

Hockeymandad´s last post…Back to Normal

9. Wanda July 16, 2010 at 9:15 AM #

Oh Anissa, sorry you had to go through that. Thanks for sharing it :)

10. Melisa with one S July 16, 2010 at 7:30 AM #

I’m so sorry! :(
    (((hugs)))

Melisa with one S´s last post…This Could NOT Wait Until Tomorrow

11. Melinda July 16, 2010 at 6:54 AM #

*huggles and cuddles* Your nerve endings are working, though (I know, bright sides suck).

• Anissa July 17, 2010 at 11:14 AM #

You’re totally right. If there was no feeling at all that would be REALLY bad.

12. Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) July 16, 2010 at 2:25 AM #

Oh… I’m so sorry!!!!

Susan (5 Minutes for Mom)´s last post…Look Up and Smile

13. MaNiC MoMMy July 16, 2010 at 1:49 AM #

Haven’t been by in a while but have been thinking of you. Sorry it was a tough day, but you are a strong woman!

MaNiC MoMMy´s last post…BooK GiVeaWay- FLy aWay HoMe By JeN WeiNeR

14. Jennie July 16, 2010 at 1:04 AM #

f*cking LL Cool J…
    you’re a brave, strong, badass of a lady.

15. Colleen July 16, 2010 at 1:04 AM #

My daughter has a T shirt she got at the fair for doing an insane amount of pull-ups (US Marines booth). It says that pain is weakness, leaving your body. That means you are getting strong! I could steal it from her and send to you if you’d like :)

• Anissa July 17, 2010 at 11:16 AM #

YOU make me smile. I love when people offer to steal on my behalf! hahaha

16. DesignHER Momma July 16, 2010 at 1:03 AM #

ugh friend. I’m so freakin’ proud of you. No reason to be ashamed.

Do you know I look up to your because of your strength? Because I do.

DesignHER Momma´s last post…DesignHER wants to be a ChargeHER at BlogHER

17. Kristin July 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM #

Physical therapy fraking SUCKS big hairy donkey d*cks. I am sorry it was so bad today and I am so glad you were able to make an appointment despite the pain.

Kristin´s last post…Can anyone explain this to me

18. Molly July 16, 2010 at 12:25 AM #

Is this where you plot the death of the hot guy?

19. frelle July 16, 2010 at 12:18 AM #

im sorry it hurt so much that you cried. I have that same kind of pain tolerance you’re talking about too. *HUGS* and thank you for sharing your heart with us here about the pain. And the plotting of death :)

frelle´s last post…Wordless Wednesday not really

20. Heather July 16, 2010 at 12:12 AM #

It’s hard sometimes to see progress, especially when it shows up with pain. My fiancee deals with the same problems, especially after appointments and physio. He has MS and the pain in his legs and torso makes him cry at night in bed, when he thinks I’m already asleep. I now how much he hurts (and he can take pain too) but I also know that if he stagnates, it’s that much worse next time.

Keep moving forward Anissa, forward’s all we have!

• Anissa July 17, 2010 at 11:23 AM #

I know how your fiance feels. Thank you for sharing this glimpse into his life too. xoxo

21. Katherine July 15, 2010 at 11:34 PM #

All the more reason to keep strengthening your legs…so you can kick that machine in the ass! Your progress is nothing short of incredible.

22. Miss Grace July 15, 2010 at 11:25 PM #