i let my husband electrocute me, THAT’S love, darn it

Electrolysis.  Water Therapy.  Acupuncture. Deep Tissue Massage. Healing Stones. Braces. Exercises.

We’ve tried it all, plus some, or have plans to try it soon.

I am willing to try and work so hard.  I want it and I wonder where I’ll draw the line. There IS a line.

There’s a point of no return, where I’ve gone too far.

Will I know it if I get that far?  Will I be willing to stop?

God, I want to walk.

I won’t lie.

There’s not much I would let get in my way of that goal.

What if I needed to make something else a priority?  SomeONE else.  Would I do it?

Sometimes I wonder.

The way a new parent of a second child will ask themselves WHAT IF. What if they could only get one child out in time?  What if you were forced to make Sophie’s Choice?

And that’s the way my mind works.

Voodoo.  Scientology.  Peanut Milkshakes. Witchcraft.  Whale Sperm.

What if the secret cure were somewhere in these?  At what point do they quit sounding crazy?

(except for the whale sperm, that may ALWAYS be crazy)

15 Responses to i let my husband electrocute me, THAT’S love, darn it

1. BecZhang July 11, 2010 at 7:43 PM #

I’d hate to be the guy that has to retrieve the whale sperm. I think I would try anything, well almost anything.

BecZhang´s last post…i got screwed out of fame and ten thousand bucks

2. Mandi Bone July 11, 2010 at 11:53 AM #

I have custom made leg braces that lock your knees in place so they don’t bend when you stand. If you need something like those I would be willing to send them too you. I say try anything you can. I know I have tried anything that might work to feel my legs again.

Mandi Bone´s last post…A mother of three

3. Jyl Johnson Pattee July 10, 2010 at 9:35 PM #

I miss you, Anissa! And… I love your determined spirit! Keep trying. If whale sperm works, you may be able to patent some potion or something! :D

4. Jessica July 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM #

I just want to know how they would collect that whale sperm… just a question.

Anissa, I firmly believe you will walk again. And more importantly, you firmly believe you will walk again.

5. GreenInOC July 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM #

My father had a stroke and used Electrical Stimulation as part of his physical therapy.

One day, he asked me to set it up. I got every thing hooked up and nothing. He said, “Turn it up”, but still nothing. I turned it up all the way before we realized that there were no batteries.

I replaced the batteries and turned it back on. He screamed and almost walked trying to escape – it was still turned all the way up!!

I panicked and dropped the thing and was shaking so hard I had a hard time turing it off. He recovered quickly and laughed so hard and then told anyone who would listen that I tried to kill him!

As for what’s crazy, personally, I would choose Whale Sperm over Scientology!

6. Peter Mayhew July 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM #

Don’t forget about ice-cube therapy, popping bacon grease therapy, and my all time favorite roll down the hill in a wheelchair therapy.

7. Kristin July 9, 2010 at 11:29 AM #

When you want something passionately whether it’s another child or to walk again, I think almost anything that even has a snowballs chance in hell starts to sound possible.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Scattergories- Heat Wave Edition =-.

8. Hockeymandad July 9, 2010 at 9:32 AM #

Your determination combined with your support group will have you walking again someday. I think thats a given, but its the when part thats hardest. We’re all around you during your journey, some pushing, some pulling, some just standing by your side. It will happen.
    .-= Hockeymandad´s last blog ..Questions =-.

9. Kelly July 9, 2010 at 7:49 AM #

I would say draw the line at anything that could actually be physically or mentally harmful. Other than that, I think most things are worth a try. Unless they’re so incredibly expensive that you think it might be a scam. Then research it a lot first.

10. Cort July 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM #

You’ll find a way. The cure is out there…more than anything it is patience. Don’t get frustrated with yourself and stick to it. Stick to any and all things that open the door to having movement again – including maintaining your hope. Some days will be better than others, but stay strong. You’ve got the whole world standing behind you!!
    .-= Cort´s last blog ..The first step is admitting you have a problemand then bitching about it =-.

11. Kiera July 9, 2010 at 2:30 AM #

Hi Anissa – I am a lurker here, posting my first comment. You have been such an inspiration to me. My son had a stroke in-utero and we have been working with him since he was 4 months old. I have been following your blog and I cheer you on with every accomplishment that you make. You are an inspiration and I am in awe of your bravery in sharing it with all of us. You are amazing.

I hope you do not mind, but I have given you the “A Blog With Substance” award. To get a copy of the award read my post . Thanks for the wonderful blog!
    .-= Kiera´s last blog ..I Have Substance =-.

12. Green July 9, 2010 at 2:01 AM #

It wasn’t a stroke, but I got really sick in ’95 and couldn’t walk for a long time. After having in-home physical therapy three times a week, eventually I could walk again. Every so often, in certain weather, I limp, but nobody can tell even though I can feel it. Every so often, I hug the walls when I walk, in case I need to claw at them as my legs stop working, but since I could walk again I haven’t messed up my nails on walls. You will get there.

13. Rene' July 9, 2010 at 12:56 AM #

the peanut milkshake doesn’t sound half bad. start there.

14. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] July 8, 2010 at 11:47 PM #

what if you don’t have to DRINK the whale sperm? what if you could just rub it on your legs and they’d work?

while you’re rubbing it in, get it on video.
    .-= Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last blog ..This is when you bring me a margarita on the rocks with sugar instead of salt NOW =-.

15. Elizabeth July 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM #

I have to say that the whale sperm does sound crazy… but I totally get where you are coming from! You will find something that works, no matter how crazy it sounds.
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..The Taming of the Bees or Redneck Bee Removal 101 =-.