this post brought to you by the letter that i wrote

Today, I wrote an envelope.

It was readable.

I’m sure it looks like it was written by a seven year old on crystal meth, but I WROTE IT.

And, Dude, I’m mailing it.

There’s this part that knows mailman will laugh when they see it. They’ll get a chuckle from the handwriting on the envelope.

Or maybe they’ll just think it’s a kid writing a letter.

Which is ok too.

I’m forcing myself to send the letter that I wrote.  I could have my husband write it for the receiver’s sake, but I’ll hope they understand.

I won’t lie.

I’m just proud it’s the first thing that might be read by someone else.  It may not look good.  It may not be the best letter ever.

But I guarantee few letters have been labored over and contemplated more.

20 Responses to this post brought to you by the letter that i wrote

1. kristenkj July 7, 2010 at 7:02 AM #

That. is. awesome. Fine motor skills are tough. Good for you!
    .-= kristenkj´s last blog ..My Boys =-.

2. Jeanne July 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM #

I’ll admit I never commented before — bad, bad reader. But this one made me — rock on mama!!!
    .-= Jeanne´s last blog ..Yo Gabba Gabbas Got a Party in MY City =-.

3. Barnmaven July 6, 2010 at 6:41 PM #

If people will pay thousands of dollars for a painting autographed by a dog, I dont’ see why you couldn’t make an enormous personal profit (or a sizable donation to charity) selling ENVELOPES PERSONALLY ADDRESSED BY ANISSA. Maybe? Because I would totally buy one.
    .-= Barnmaven´s last blog ..Own whats yours Updated =-.

4. Amber McN July 6, 2010 at 11:39 AM #

If you need the practice, I’ll gladly send you my address! I am all *bummer* lately and your inspiration is NOM! This is so very awesome.

5. Melisa with one S July 6, 2010 at 6:55 AM #

I hope that letter was TO ME!

(haha, no? Shoot.)
    .-= Melisa with one S´s last blog ..Fast- =-.

6. Kristin July 6, 2010 at 12:12 AM #

If I had been in your shoes, I might have been tempted to frame it ’cause that is a pretty major step on the recovery road!
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Happy 4th- =-.

7. Tracy Solomon July 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM #

An Anissa original! That’s what that is! You have proven that with hard work and “Anissa determination” you can kick your brain back into line. If anyone can do that, it is YOU!

Saying I am proud of you just seems like such small words compared to what I really am but don’t have words for because I have watched people come back from what seemed like the impossible. That is what you are doing. You are coming back from what seems so far from impossible and you are making such huge strides. That envelope going through the postal service is a miracle and it is a lot of hard work and determination from you!

Keep moving forward Anissa. Nothing is impossible:)

Love, Tracy Solomon
    ladybugkatia.com
    .-= Tracy Solomon´s last blog ..Arizona is just the beginning Watch Out- =-.

8. Elle July 5, 2010 at 1:01 PM #

You Rock Anissa!

9. Laurita Olmstead July 4, 2010 at 11:25 PM #

You have written me checks for cleaning and your handwritting left handed is better than mine.

10. Krystal July 4, 2010 at 11:09 PM #

You amaze me to no end! I don’t know you, nor you I, but… Girlfriend I am very proud of you!!!

I want to send you envelopes!

11. Janine (@twincident) July 4, 2010 at 10:52 PM #

WAIT one MINUTE! Does that mean the right hand is working enough to write or that you’ve trained your left? Dooooood. Either way, I’m so friggin happy for you!

12. Emily July 4, 2010 at 10:03 PM #

I want an envelope from Anissa! To prove to myself that I’m not the only adult who is proud of writing an envelope. And just for the record your envelope will arrive at its intended recipient…mine always have :) Thankfully, I have not seen a Postal Service label saying “Return to Sender: Written by 7 year old on crystal meth”

Yet.

I’ll let you know if I do!

For now, be proud and be strong.

Postal Service strong!

• Anissa Mayhew July 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM #

Emily, you send your email and i’ll send an envelope. Promise! May not be pretty, but it’ll be handwritten!

13. Desera July 4, 2010 at 9:43 PM #

Very exciting! you’re amazing!

14. Christi July 4, 2010 at 9:42 PM #

You rock. In the most awesomest way possible!!

15. Shirley July 4, 2010 at 8:09 PM #

Hooray for progress! Keep it up!
    .-= Shirley´s last blog ..Noooooo- =-.

• Anissa Mayhew July 4, 2010 at 10:46 PM #

Thank you!!!

16. laurie July 4, 2010 at 7:54 PM #

Awesome. Awesome, you are. Yes, awesome.

17. MommyNaniBooboo July 4, 2010 at 7:42 PM #

Um… it actually does sound like
    the
    best
    letter
    ever.
    .-= MommyNaniBooboo´s last blog ..Hoochie Mamas- You’re welcome =-.

• Anissa Mayhew July 4, 2010 at 10:45 PM #

Well, the letter itself is pretty boring, but the envelope?….let’s just say no one will ever have an envelope like it again.