when you think that maybe a coma wasn’t a BAD thing

I would post, but my brain is dying a slow and painful death.

If you ever wondered how far in advance I write posts, you can know that I hit publish seconds after I write, which is minutes after I think.

But I have a cold that would trump all other cold since the beginning of time. In fact, there is a chance that my cranial matter would just collapse into a pile of jelly and ooze down my neck into my cleavage.

There might be other posts later.

We’ll hope I survive this cold.

Until then my kids will be wishing and hoping….

, ,

10 Responses to when you think that maybe a coma wasn’t a BAD thing

1. Mary July 4, 2010 at 11:33 PM #

Went to see The Last Airbender with my 11 year old niece. Good movie. No need to be in 3D though. Is set up to be the first of three, I believe. And pretty faithful to the series. Quite pleased. :-) The kids should go see it. Definitely worth the time and money. Of course, I was as geeked about it as my niece.

2. Elizabeth Kaylene July 4, 2010 at 2:38 PM #

I loved the series, but I’m so afraid that Shyamalan is going to screw this up. I’m thinking of going to see it anyway, though.

Feel better! I’m sending digital chicken noodle soup and hugs your way.
    .-= Elizabeth Kaylene´s last blog ..Can’t we stand united for at least one day =-.

3. ladybughugs July 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM #

I was told to do myself a favor and skip this one. One person I spoke to told me a 7-year-old’s response at the end was, “that’s it?” The attending adult didn’t find anything redeeming in it, either. Apparently, it’s very disappointing. Makes you appreciate the “something-for-everyone” movies (Toy Story) all the more. I think I’ll save my $ for The Sorcerer’s Apprentice or Karate Kid.
    .-= ladybughugs´s last blog ..Hiatus =-.

4. Kristin July 3, 2010 at 1:40 AM #

That is both the best and most disgusting description of how a bad cold makes you feel. Hope you feel better soon.

BTW, my kids really want to see The Last Airbender too.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Check out my newest review =-.

5. Karen MEG July 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM #

Oh but what cleavage!!

Hi Anissa, hon, so sorry that you’ve got this crap cold. But so not sorry to see you posting, writing, creating again. I’ve been a shitty blog friend, not commenting much but thinking about you a lot nonetheless.

And thinking about how envious I am of you, me being a flat-chested Asian and all.

Be well soon.

6. Barnmaven July 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM #

I cannot F&#*(@&ing WAIT to see Airbender in the theatre!

I hope you don’t accidentally blow your brains out your nose…feel better soon.
    .-= Barnmaven´s last blog ..What a Boob =-.

7. Sunnie in NC July 2, 2010 at 2:23 PM #

…”cranial matter would just collapse into a pile of jelly and ooze down my neck into my cleavage” Now that’s a visual I never anticipated!!
    Leave it to you Anissa!!
    Hope you and your cranial matter feel better soon!!!
    Sunnie in NC

8. Shirley July 2, 2010 at 12:53 PM #

I hope you start feeling better soon. In the meantime, if you need a tissue, make sure you splurge and get the ones with lotion in them!
    .-= Shirley´s last blog ..Hello- Stranger Man =-.

9. Tracy Solomon July 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM #

Anissa, I read earlier that you had a cold. I guess it was via FB but maybe Twitter. I hope you will begin to feel better. I can certainly imagine how miserable a cold must be for you and anyone around you. I know it is miserable to watch the ones we love not feel good but yeh, you do sound miserable and not being able to just do what you used to do and feeling pretty well stuck, hurts more than words can describe. People used to ask about Katia being diagnosed so young and how that has affected her. Not trying to take away from her diagnosis but one big thing to think about is when you have something taken away from you at an older age, you know what you are missing. You remember what it felt like. As a Mom, I can only imagine. I know you “mother” all the same and I think we all have learned that we adapt to what we have thrown at us. But it does wear on us. I appreciate your postings and when you send out something short. I read between the lines (even though I may not get it correct all the time) and I always keep you and your family in prayer. I hope you never feel alone, you aren’t. Love, Tracy Solomon (and the Ladybug)
    .-= Tracy Solomon´s last blog ..What Divides Our Nation =-.

10. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] July 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM #

Put a bowl under your nose to catch your brain ooze.
    .-= Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last blog ..This is not a review of a vampire-human-werewolf movie =-.