did i really just write a whole post about facebook?

There are a bunch of posts begging to be written. The ones about our panel, our time in  NYC, what it was like with the chicks I adore most.

Aiming Low chicks, if you were confused.

But today I had to do something that took a pretty big step.

And it seems kind of stupid.

I’ve shown my face to everyone in New York.

I’ve shown it to my family…and that is the most important thing.

I even took a deep breath and let it all hang out on a vlog the other day.

So, tell me this.

Why does it feel so hard to change a Facebook photo?

A profile picture shouldn’t be a big deal.

But it was.

I held onto it for an absurd amount of time.

Like I thought “Just maybe….”

Today the maybe faced reality.

17 Responses to did i really just write a whole post about facebook?

1. Alta August 14, 2010 at 12:46 PM #

You know what I saw? Your spirit.

2. Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) August 13, 2010 at 3:18 PM #

I LOVE your new picture!

Susan (5 Minutes for Mom)´s last post…BlogHer 2010 in New York City – Video Footage Kick Off

3. Lorraine August 12, 2010 at 7:51 PM #

Hey, I’ve never written to you before, although I’ve lurked a fair bit. (“Aiming Low” is kind of my mantra in life.) Anyhow, I just wanted to say: you are great. Sending you peace and love from Canada.

Lorraine´s last post…I Need a Shower

4. Lucretia Pruitt August 12, 2010 at 5:27 PM #

Yeah, I’m with you – even when I have a picture of myself I like, I’m not really fond of changing my profile pics to it – because when I see it, I start counting the number of ways I’ve changed that I’m not happy about.
    But you know… it’s just us being hypercritical about ourselves. Everyone else just loves seeing us as they know us.
    ((hug))

Lucretia Pruitt´s last post…You’re Doing It Right – vol 2

5. Angela at mommy bytes August 12, 2010 at 10:55 AM #

Anissa, you are strong and beautiful beyond words. Especially love the Asian Invasion support around you ;) .

Angela at mommy bytes´s last post…77kids Do Good Day

6. Erin August 12, 2010 at 10:09 AM #

One of my favourite things to do is to tell my friends ‘I love your face’

And guess what? I love yours too.

Sure, it’s a little bit different than before…but who can say that their face isn’t different than a year ago? We all have different battles to fight…and to me, your face is just another tale of your fighting spirit, of your quest to get back what was taken from you, of how far you’ve come and all of the places you’re going.

And just in case you’re ever LOOKING for a place to go..I hear Canada is a pretty cool place….AKA…you should probably come visit ;)

Erin´s last post…Whats My Age Again

7. AmazingGreis August 12, 2010 at 9:13 AM #

You are beautiful and truly amazing! Don’t let anyone ever tell you otnerwise. A picture is just a picture. We know the true YOU and that will always win!! XOXO

AmazingGreis´s last post…New York State of Mind…

8. always home and uncool August 12, 2010 at 8:20 AM #

Looks to me like you are winking at all of us. You sly dog.

9. CoffeeJitters (Judy Haley) August 11, 2010 at 11:32 PM #

I just changed my facebook photo to show my bald head thanks to chemo.
    It felt like a big step for me too.

CoffeeJitters (Judy Haley)´s last post…Sunset over Puget Sound

10. mommabird2345 August 11, 2010 at 10:48 PM #

I’m not on Facebook (*gasp*), but you are beautiful. *Hugs* :)

11. Janine (@twincient) August 11, 2010 at 9:01 PM #

I think we take for granted just how much our face means to us. All this time I’ve been so happy for you to be alive, then talking, moving your hand, etc. Now I can put myself (sortof) in your shoes. It’s hard to be thankful ALL the damn time. Sometimes you just want your old face back. I get that now. I get the pity party. I think you ended it loooong before I would have if it were me. Which is just another reason you’re so freakin amazing.

12. kyooty August 11, 2010 at 8:46 PM #

hugs!

kyooty´s last post…Random Tuesday Thoughts- Summer is still here

13. ThePeachy1 August 11, 2010 at 7:55 PM #

I like the new photo, except for 2 things. I am not in it ( see dictionary explanation of leo) and the other is, where are the bewbs/hamburger hats..

14. Rachel August 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM #

Why do my profile pics usually have me 80 pounds ago? Because I am not good at facing reality.

At yet, you are…and that is not surprising. You are gorgeous!

15. pgoodness August 11, 2010 at 7:11 PM #

And yet you did it – as always, you are inspiring in how you are dealing with everything. Beautiful.

16. Kristin August 11, 2010 at 6:48 PM #

Anissa, you are truly beautiful both inside and out. Your panel was truly the high point of the conference for me.

Kristin´s last post…BlogHer10 Photo Post – Day 1

17. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] August 11, 2010 at 5:48 PM #

You’re beautiful. Truly.

Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last post…Pretend conversations about getting stuff from the internet- BlogHer10 Edition