getting excited by cramps will get you punched in the junk

There was a moment when my body was fatigued from strain.

I had put so much into WALKING (with a walker and a person holding onto me) that my whole self was exhausted.  I could feel sweat on my brow and shaking in my legs.

I sat for a moment, just catching my breath.

When all of a sudden I felt it.

AND IT HURT!!

I keeled over with the pain.  It hit fast and sudden.  An agonizing knot.

A cramp in my stomach, which isn’t anything unusual.

It wouldn’t be a big deal.  Except IT HURT.

On my right side.

Which I’d never felt before.

It usually only hurts on my left side and the pain stops before the knot does.

So, yes.

Stomach cramps hurt like %*&@#%$!^&*.

But to feel it at all was a pretty big deal.

22 Responses to getting excited by cramps will get you punched in the junk

1. Kevin August 19, 2010 at 5:01 PM #

But dude, you were walking! That’s so awesome. One day, very soon, you’ll be doing it without someone hanging on to you and then you’ll be doing it without the walker. And then you’ll be ONE STEP closer (I couldn’t resist) to being your old self again!

Keep up the good work! You’re amazing!!!

Kevin´s last post…Catching Up

2. Neeroc August 17, 2010 at 10:56 PM #

In order to protect my junk from the punch, I’ll just say that I’m very excited for your progress. You are kicking some serious booty, even if it kicks back once in a while.

Neeroc´s last post…Simple pants is all I really need

3. Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) August 13, 2010 at 3:16 PM #

Well… I really don’t like getting punched… anywhere.

So maybe I’ll just quietly smile.

Susan (5 Minutes for Mom)´s last post…BlogHer 2010 in New York City – Video Footage Kick Off

4. CoffeeJitters (Judy Haley) August 13, 2010 at 11:40 AM #

aw crap – mixed blessings are hard to wrap your brain around

CoffeeJitters (Judy Haley)´s last post…My blue eyed girl

5. Kyooty August 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM #

Famous Questions DO you have a gall Bladder? get it checked. If the pain went after a bit that could be what you are dealing iwth. Gall Stones. BTW HOLY HELL they hurt!

6. Melinda August 13, 2010 at 11:03 AM #

Well, you are going to have to punch me lol Because I am EXCITED!!!!

I know, craps suck, but you FELT it! Progress Rocks!

*gets out her pom poms*

7. TheMarciFactor August 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM #

I’m with the general consensus here that YEAHHHHH it’s AWESOME that you can feel…BOOOO that it’s pain, but at least you know it there. Progress is progress…even if it’s something you don’t like! HUGZ and keep it up (minus the pain of course)

8. Melissa August 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM #

I assume this was a while ago? But great story!

9. Andrea (Lil-Kid-Things) August 13, 2010 at 9:14 AM #

Progress is progress! Here’s to the next feeling being a good one :-)

Andrea (Lil-Kid-Things)´s last post…Becoming Mom- On Being Away

10. Twenty Four At Heart August 13, 2010 at 2:20 AM #

I’m glad you have feeling you didn’t have before, but I’m sorry it’s pain. (Said from a person who lives with high levels of chronic pain ….)

Twenty Four At Heart´s last post…My Favorite NYC Photo

11. Lucretia Pruitt August 13, 2010 at 2:19 AM #

It’s like loving pain because you know it means you’re still alive… a truism. But dude… stomach cramps hurt. You have my sympathy and awe all at once.
    (p.s. I have no junk… this allows me to celebrate without much fear of reprisal)

Lucretia Pruitt´s last post…You’re Doing It Right – vol 2

12. Kristin August 13, 2010 at 1:58 AM #

Wooohooooo…but, damn, I never thought I’d be cheering for someone’s pain.

Kristin´s last post…BlogHer10 Photo Post – Day 1

13. cindy w August 12, 2010 at 11:57 PM #

Yay for that stomach cramp! And if you want to junk punch me, I guess you’re gonna have to get your lazy ass out of that wheelchair & chase me. ;)

14. Julie Presley August 12, 2010 at 11:25 PM #

If I get excited will you come to my house and junk punch me? Cuz I’d love for you to come to my house, and I’ll totally wear a vag cup.

….

WOOHOO!

15. pgoodness August 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM #

Yay for pain! hehehe Sounds silly, but having sensations/cramps has got to be a very good sign!!

16. Hamlet's Mistress August 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM #

You masochist.

Here’s to happy pain!!

HM

Hamlet’s Mistress´s last post…How I really feel…

17. NaomiJesson August 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM #

Woo Hoo! Stomach cramps can be good sometimes.

I know it’s no comparison but I remember being famished but I wasn’t allowed to eat solid foods until after I tooted. I hadn’t eaten anything for almost 24 hours & finally the nurse took pity on me & gave me some pill that would help me become more tooty or was it something that would reduce the gas?!?

You have never met anyone so ecstatic about TOOTING than me.

Hooray for Cramps & Farts!

• TheMarciFactor August 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM #

I had that after my son was born, I fibbed (lying is such a bad word) and said I tooted and got FOOD!!! LOL

18. ciara August 12, 2010 at 10:48 PM #

this is the definition of pain equaling pleasure :o )

ciara´s last post…The Ties That BindArent Very Strong

19. Elizabeth August 12, 2010 at 10:46 PM #

I’m just beaming over here for you :)
    Sorry you’re having cramps, of course, but so so glad you can FEEL.

Elizabeth´s last post…You can’t take me anywhere

20. palinode August 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM #

Yay for pain! After my back surgery, I was so glad to have sensation back.

21. Leslie Lehmer August 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM #

I can’t believe I’m rejoicing about your stomach cramps, but dude, that’s pretty fargin’ cool.