having your priorities totally screwed

Florida holds most of all I hold dear.

Many years I lived in Daytona Beach.  Then I resided with my family in Tampa for years.

Two very different areas.

Two very different experiences.

My parents live there. My best friend. My next best friend.

The person I could call on a Sunday night if I had a rotting corpse to get rid of.  And no wine.

You get the idea.

I miss Florida.

Part of me thinks if I had to have strokes, I would have been been better off in Florida.

But.

Manicure + toenails trimmed (not pedicured) + eyebrows waxed + 2 kid’s manicures = $30 dollars.

That’s $30.00.

American money.

Maybe Georgia isn’t ALL bad.

9 Responses to having your priorities totally screwed

1. Kelli August 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM #

When I lived in Los Angeles, acrylic nails PLUS a pedi was $18 in some places… AND you got a leg massage with it! I’m sure it was because there’s a nail place on every corner. Now that I’m back in Florida, it is expensive and a luxury that is out of reach… figures now that I’m wearing flip flops every single day. ;)

2. natalie willis August 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM #

Dude…. I just got rid of the last corpse. Really?? Another one? Fine, I’ve got the wine, if you’ve got the corkscrew… I’m on the way. :-) Love you!!!!!!!!

3. Lori V. August 26, 2010 at 8:45 PM #

dude, you are totally going to have to tell me in the morning (if I see you) or sometime where the heck you got that cheap of a mani – I need one badly (a pedi too!!).

Lori V.´s last post…Post it Note Tuesday- 6 Random Things

4. Kate August 26, 2010 at 7:04 PM #

OMG You live in georgia??? I live in georgia!! Win!!

5. Neeroc August 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM #

Wait, what? I am totally jealous and want to move right now. Of course if I moved to the US I couldn’t work and wouldn’t be able to afford the crazy cheap pamper so I’ll sit here in frozen envy.

Neeroc´s last post…I might be a Vulcan

6. Amanda August 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM #

Florida misses you too! I am so amazed to see the progress you are making, and I want the whole Mayhew family that Juliette and I are thinking of them. Each Chick fil a Tuesday, I miss you all.

7. Barnmaven August 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM #

Geez, I can barely get a pedicure for $25 here on the (redneck) eastern half of Washington State!

Barnmaven´s last post…Impulse

8. Krisitn August 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM #

Wow, I want a salon like that near my house. The Raleigh/Cary area just isn’t that cheap.

9. The Mayor August 26, 2010 at 12:23 AM #

You’re right, that’s quite a bargain. Got my first pedicure here in Austin. Sadly said goodbye to the excellent and cheap pedi I got in North Carolina.