i have never been so happy about dirty underwear in my life

A few weeks ago I complained.

Nothing terribly new, I feel like I complain every day.

But I was complaining about something very specific.  How sad it made it made me to get rid of my mattress.

Oh, I’ll get rid of it.  It’s older than dirt. But, I complained about the emotions that were tied in that bed.

Then at the end I casually bellyached that our washing machine wasn’t working.

And my friend sent me a message that said she might know someone who could help me.

That was great!

Thanks!

And I thought it was one of those thing where a friend knows a guy that once dated a girl that lived next door to the woman that waited on the guy that bought a washer.  Once.

But then I got a series of emails and in a days time I was getting a new washer and dryer to replace the broken ones.

HOLY COW!!!!

Step beyond that?

They were going to be front-loaders with pedestals.

Nice, huh?

Nice!

People like me can’t use traditional washers.

So even though they gave me laundry duty again, they have also given me a taste of independence.

You can’t put a price tag on that.  I don’t even know if they realize THAT is the most important thing they could have given me.

I’ll be able to wash my own clothes again.

Something I wasn’t able to do since November of last year.

Thank you, Sears.  Thank you, Kenmore.  Thank you, Richard.  Thank you, Union City Mall.

THANK YOU, KIM.

35 Responses to i have never been so happy about dirty underwear in my life

1. Kristine (Mommy Needs Therapy) September 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM #

Slowly but surely I am catching myself up on your life.

The hormones must be flowing hard and fast tonight because I do believe Sears and Kenmore just made me cry. Over a washer and dryer! That isn’t even mine!

Seriously though, this is how life should be. People helping people because it is the right thing to do. The good thing to do.

And these bits of goodness float out into the world and continue on because you shared your story with us.

None of that made sense did it. I’ll once again blame it on the hormones. And the Ambien I took an hour ago.

Kristine (Mommy Needs Therapy)´s last post…True confessions of the crazy kind

2. Shab August 20, 2010 at 11:00 PM #

Now there’s a reason for me to get excited about laundry! I’ll think of you with every load I do! (let me know if you need more to do as well…like many above, I’m happy to send you some of mine.)

Shab´s last post…I dare you…

3. Melinda August 17, 2010 at 11:24 AM #

That is awesome!!! Sometimes the generosity of people astounds me, and I love it.

4. Janis @ Sneak Peek At Me August 16, 2010 at 3:41 PM #

I’ll bet Peter is doing a jig!! (Ya know, if hates doing laundry as much as I do.) So glad you got new machines.

Janis @ Sneak Peek At Me´s last post…Places to Peek- Fashion Week & Rare Disease

5. Susie August 16, 2010 at 1:59 AM #

So, Anissa, you don’t care if I send my laundry from 3000 miles away? *Chuckle* Is that what you’re saying?
    I especially loved your writing in this story… it was touching and funny at the same time (especially the title). A friend (Kim) coming through for you and a business (Sears/Kenmore) steppin’ up ! Isn’t that what love is all about and why we’re really here? Now go rock that laundry, Anissa…

6. Mikki August 15, 2010 at 7:48 PM #

How awesome is that!!! So happy for you!

Isn’t it crazy that when we seem in our funkiest mood.. things are at working everything out!!

Mikki´s last post…Trusting In…

7. Sara at Saving For Someday August 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM #

Interesting how it is the mundane and routine that we crave when we can’t do them. I’m beyond thrilled that a women as lovely as you got something so filled with independence and freedom. Kudos to Kenmore & Sears. And how lovely that a friend (probably one you met online that many would never understand how people like us who rarely, if ever, see each other, get to be friends) would stand up and say please help my friend. Especially when she could have asked for herself but instead asked for you.

While your voice may be soft, I have heard it and I have also heard the many other people that speak for you to bring you joy and happiness.

I met you ever so briefly at BlogHer and it was truly delightful to be in your presence.

Sara at Saving For Someday´s last post…BlogHer Recap Done In Haiku

8. kim/hormone-colored days August 15, 2010 at 6:17 PM #

Hooray! So happy to have helped. I didn’t even think about the front-loading issue, but hooray for that, too!

kim/hormone-colored days´s last post…Chicago Blogger Event- Social Media Masters Summit

9. Wanda August 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM #

That’s awesome Anissa! Hope you have fun doing your laundry…;)

Wanda´s last post…Working It Out

10. Stimey August 15, 2010 at 4:17 PM #

That is really, really cool. Good for Sears and Kenmore making a difference to you. They’ll go to the top of my list next time I’m looking for an appliance.

Stimey´s last post…Just This- Then Ill Shut Up

11. Hockeymandad August 15, 2010 at 3:55 PM #

That is awesome, but now you are obligated to do the Internet’s laundry. Mine will be there soon. Please, don’t skimp on the starch in my dress shirts. ;) haha, I kid, I don’t have any dress shirts!

Hockeymandad´s last post…Home

12. Sprite's Keeper August 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM #

Awesome! Well deserved!

Sprite’s Keeper´s last post…Spin Cycle- Bells will be ringing

13. ThePeachy1 August 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM #

super cool. I will be dropping off my laundry woo hoo..

14. Tara R. August 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM #

That is beyond cool. Sears and Kenmore rock!

Tara R.´s last post…Poker run

15. Nadine The Minx August 15, 2010 at 11:19 AM #

This is so wonderful! Yes, Sears does donate lots of wonderful things for Extreme Makeover-Home Edition; but this is an amazing thing for them to do without the TV cameras rolling (Although I do hope that Extreme Makeover-HE comes to you). A little independence is a beautiful thing; as are a working washer and dryer!
    The Minx

16. Barnmaven August 15, 2010 at 10:44 AM #

I am feeling the puffy heart coming on for your friend and for Sears and Kenmore. This post is just bursting with awesomeness.

Barnmaven´s last post…On my car

17. Elizabeth August 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM #

Yay Anissa!! and WAY TO GO Sears and Kenmore!!

I just bought new frontloaders from Sears and I LOVE them.

Congrats on one more piece of independence!

18. Adventures In Babywearing August 15, 2010 at 9:57 AM #

I am so glad. I might have a story to tell you soon.

Steph

Adventures In Babywearing´s last post…In the Cago

19. Kristin August 15, 2010 at 9:43 AM #

I never thought someone would be as happy as my 4 yr old is to do laundry but I guess you just might be. Yay for independence.

Kristin´s last post…BlogHer10 Photo Post – Day 1

20. Malia August 15, 2010 at 9:06 AM #

That makes me look at my never ending loads of laundry in a very different light. Thanks, Anissa! And I think is awesome, awesome, awesome that you get to do laundry again! :-D

Malia´s last post…A step towards being the change

21. Michelle @ Mommy Loves Stilettos August 15, 2010 at 8:31 AM #

That it awesome!!!!! :)

Michelle @ Mommy Loves Stilettos´s last post…Vajazzling- Bud Light- and randomness – A vlog

22. Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) August 15, 2010 at 4:31 AM #

WOOHOO!!! Bring on the dirty underwear! Great work Sears and Kenmore!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom)´s last post…Frito-Lay Back To School Twitter Party

23. Lucretia Pruitt August 15, 2010 at 2:35 AM #

I don’t do laundry (no really, ask my husband) — but I *totally* do “things that get you back to the you that you were before life stepped in” — so WOOOOOOT!!!

Add my thanks to yours. That’s the most awesome story I’ve heard when it comes to appliances and blogging! :)

Lucretia Pruitt´s last post…You’re Doing It Right – vol 2

24. ciara August 15, 2010 at 2:04 AM #

i think we need a GINORMOUS “LIKE” button here :o )

ciara´s last post…The Ties That BindArent Very Strong

25. Redneck Mommy August 15, 2010 at 12:35 AM #

I absolutely love Kenmore and especially Richard. I’m so glad they hooked you up. They are an amazing company and their products rock my socks. Good for you Nissa.

Redneck Mommy´s last post…Love Is Enough

26. pgoodness August 15, 2010 at 12:22 AM #

So glad for you!! These connections we make….they are something aren’t they?

27. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] August 15, 2010 at 12:19 AM #

You deserve it. THIS (not the free stuff (tho it’s nice), the helpfulness) is why we blog.

Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last post…I’m not ashamed to say- “Yes- my Sorrelli jewelry is gorgeous- and so am I”

28. Denise August 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM #

Yeah for dirty laundry! It’s the putting away that sucks, do they make a machine for that b/c Kenmore, I would buy one. WTG brands doing good!

Denise´s last post…Eat Play Love Giveaway Week- Winners!

29. MFA Mama August 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM #

That makes me so happy; y’all certainly deserve it! And just think what good OT it’ll be for your hands *ducks*

30. e August 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM #

I am so happy for you! Front loaders rock but independence is even better.

31. Honey August 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM #

Hi,

I have been following your story for awhile now. I absolutely loved this post. I am so thankful that people (and businesses) stepped up to the plate to help you. What a blessing that is. You are such an inspiration.

Blessings
    Honey

32. Mommynamedapril August 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM #

This is wonderful! Yay for nice people and nice companies! xoxo

33. Jess August 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM #

Overnighting my underpants….now.

34. Lex (@laprimera) August 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM #

I’ve never been so happy about someone having to do laundry in my life. I’ll even send you some if you’d like. I’m generous like that. ;)
    xoxo

Lex (@laprimera)´s last post…She’s Four!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. doing laundry…which just sounds like a bad asian joke | #FreeAnissa - September 8, 2010

[...] September 8, 2010 Tweet Laundry is a job, that thanks to Sears, I can do again. [...]