i shower therefore i vlog

Vlog – cell phone from Anissa Mayhew on Vimeo.

21 Responses to i shower therefore i vlog

1. BecZhang August 22, 2010 at 12:47 AM #

I didn’t get a QWERTY keyboard until I was freaking 28! You should totally trade phones with her. I don’t even think I had a cell phone until I was 19. Lame I know. My five year old wants an iPhone. He can barely read and he wants an iPhone.

BecZhang´s last post…do i look like a newsstand

2. Ivy August 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM #

Hi Anissa,
    You are too, too funny, Anissa! Thank you for your sense of humor and for sharing it with us! I remember the first Motorola cell phones were the size of car phones. So big they wouldn’t fit it a purse. How far we’ve come with the technology, eh? Now, they’re so tiny you can barely read what’s on the screen. Back in the days of the original cell phones, we never would’ve imagined they would ever be used as “smart” phones with QUERTY keyboards that enable us to text, tweet, browse on the Internet, and chat w/friends on Facebook.

P.S. – You are amazing and an inspiration!
    P.P.S. – I was hoping to meet you at BlogHer. Thank you for following me on Twitter. When I saw that you were following me, I was like “Wow, Anissa Mayhew is following ME on Twitter!” :)

Ivy´s last post…Massachusetts Postpartum Depression Legislation Signed into Law Today!

3. Susie August 20, 2010 at 8:18 PM #

I was seriously NOT even listening to what you said, Anissa! Let me explain… All I was fixated on was YOU picking up the phone with your right hand, grasping it, and holding it up to the camera. I was shocked how good your range of motion is becoming ! (And yes, I’ve seen your other videos)

So let others talk about cell phones, I’m here to congratulate you on all your grueling work with physical therapy. In two words, (ok, it’s three), you
    simply rock, Anissa!

4. Linnae August 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM #

Anissa … Is it possible to love somebody you’ve never met? It must be because I simply love you!! You made my afternoon with howls of laughter!! It amazes me how having a $200 phone is not “in” anymore according to my 16 year old. So apparently my $70 phone is completely out, huh? Thanks for sharing with me today and making my day even better than it was!

5. Kristin August 20, 2010 at 2:58 PM #

I think the laws of fairness say that you should get her nice new phone and she should get your old one. I bet the SIM cards can be switched…bwahahahahahaha.

Kristin´s last post…Aug 19th Day of Hope

6. ThePeachy1 August 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM #

I will send her my cell phone it has no keyboard or shift and come pre-broken as required by 9 year old cell phone bilaws. :-)

7. liz August 20, 2010 at 10:05 AM #

Im seriously loving your blogs!! Your are even funnier on vid then from reading your tweets and blogs haha Please do these more often!

“she asked me where the shift button was! I almost punched her in the face..” LMAO!

8. Chicky Chicky Baby August 20, 2010 at 9:10 AM #

It took me 37 years to get a decent phone. THIRTY SEVEN YEARS. But dang, that is a nice looking phone.

And I’m loving that you’re vlogging. I get to SEE you. Yay!

Chicky Chicky Baby´s last post…My heart

9. Lori V. August 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM #

I told her I was going to steal her phone – she’s gotten a better phone than me too!!
    I guess me and you can go to the cell phone store on our way to Ikea to get better phones!!

10. DesignHER Momma August 20, 2010 at 8:22 AM #

First, you are looking and sounding awesome! Secondly, I still don’t have a keyboard phone – I think texting is a fad. Kinda like the hula hoop and the internet.

DesignHER Momma´s last post…The love afFair continues

11. Amy Nasworthy August 20, 2010 at 7:42 AM #

You are looking and sounding awesome, I love your vlogs! We have yet to buy any of our kinds cell phones. So far they don’t really use the phone much. My oldest is 13 and he’s just starting to use the phone more so it woon’t be long. When they do get phones mine better be better!!

12. Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) August 20, 2010 at 3:53 AM #

Awesome vlog Anissa! Best way to celebrate a shower is to vlog! ;)

SO if my 8yr old finds out your 9 yrold has not only a cell phone but a SMART phone, ay yi yi, I will never hear the end of it! He already wants one – I am like, “Are you kidding me??? You don’t even make phone calls on a land line. WHY do you need a cell phone!???”

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom)´s last post…Nanny McPhee Returns — a Family Film- not a Kids’ Movie

13. LinMarie August 20, 2010 at 2:15 AM #

LOL you are too funny! But it’s true, all these young kids are running around with nice things then their parents! They need some old fashioned beepers! ;)

14. mommabird2345 August 20, 2010 at 12:34 AM #

I recently got made fun of because I still have a Razor flip phone. The thing is, I just got it last year (when my sis upgraded she gave it to me). Until I got the Razor, I had the original, free, motorola phone T-mobile gave me 6 YEARS AGO. Yes, I realize I am WAY behind on technology. Am ashamed.

15. maryc August 20, 2010 at 12:21 AM #

I have an iPhone, and your 9 year old’s phone is STILL better than mine. Would love to know what she did to get grounded, but I won’t ask. Love you and your blog.

maryc´s last post…I Think- Therefore I Am…Fabulous!

16. thepsychobabble August 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM #

It took me manymany years to bite the bullet and get a blackberry. Ironically, six months out, and I had to cancel our service. We’re now down to a local landline and two prepaids.
    I tried to explain to the husband WHY I was tearing up over my beloved Crackberry, but he just looked at me like I was nuts.

thepsychobabble´s last post…Give a Mom a Moment

17. Jen L. August 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM #

Oh, I love this!! Also, dude. Her cell phone is nicer than mine, too. I got a QWERTY keyboard for the first time THIS YEAR!
    So wonderful to see your face and hear your voice!

Jen L.´s last post…Oh what a tangled interweb we weave

18. one cluttered brain August 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM #

WHAT? OMG..I want a cell phone like that…Jeez. LOL.
    I am so with U…it’s not fair.
    Maybe we can both win a nice Blackberry curve or an iphone Annisa…:)
    Nice vlog!
    thanks for sharing!

one cluttered brain´s last post…Think I fell off the blog wagon Like where am I dudes -

19. Megan {Velveteen Mind} August 19, 2010 at 11:10 PM #

I’m 33. I just got a phone that does more than make phone calls last year. The only reason I have it is that Nokia gave it to me.

When they offered it to me, they asked, “How do you use your current phone?” I’m sure they wanted to affirm that I was tech-savvy and would appreciate just how awesome this new fangled thing was.

My answer: I use my phone to make and answer phone calls. Oh yeah, and set the alarm clock.

My 6 year old asked on his birthday last month when he could get a cell phone. I think I’ll have him watch your vlog, Anissa. ;)

Megan {Velveteen Mind}´s last post…Hope Remains- Celebrate the 5th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina with Tide Loads of Hope