the first of the recap posts….aka, a lot of babbling

So much to tell.

So much to say.

There are people that have names I will forget to mention….but they rocked my weekend.

There are friends from the past that reminded me how very blessed I am.

I think I got to see almost everyone I planned on.  There were a few that slipped through the busy cracks of New York.

I got to see all my Aiming Low girls.  That wasn’t so much a “Hey! It’s been too long” kind of time, it’s the kind of moment when I get to say “Thank you for saving my life.”  Then we did the Hey-late-wheee stuff.

There were were s lot of parties, gatherings, and get-togethers that I couldn’t attend.  I dragged Pete to parties only to drag him out because my ears couldn’t handle the noise.

I used to love the noise.

I want to talk about the panel.  The one with three AMAZING women who were willing to cut open veins and bleed all over the stage.  Metaphorically.  The blood, not the women.

And Pete.  He had his first blogging convention experience and it was BlogHer.  Dude.  My husband was Mick Jagger!!  Who could type.

It was great.

So much to tell.

Most of all: After strokes, a coma, in a wheelchair, not quite what I used to be….we did Blogher10.

38 Responses to the first of the recap posts….aka, a lot of babbling

1. Aimee Greeblemonkey August 17, 2010 at 1:03 PM #

It was sooooooo great to finally meet you on person. xoxo

2. Liz Henry August 12, 2010 at 11:03 PM #

I wish I had seen your panel! I’ll read the liveblog of it at least!

Liz

Liz Henry´s last post…BlogHer Community Keynote – Geeky!

3. Kristin August 11, 2010 at 6:57 PM #

You and Pete were amazing and the panel was phenomenal.

Kristin´s last post…BlogHer10 Photo Post – Day 1

4. Mandi Bone August 11, 2010 at 2:39 PM #

It was so awesome to meet you and Pete. If Pete does want my husbands phone number or e-mail just let me know.

Mandi Bone´s last post…Moments of Blogher10

5. Real Life Sarah August 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM #

Anissa, seeing you was like witnessing the result of a miracle with my own eyes! It was so amazing for that reason. But most of all, I loved seeing YOU! You know… the crazy Asian chick who’s still the same sweet, funny spirit as you were before the stroke, and always will be! Your strength and beauty flow to everyone you meet, and I certainly felt a part of it when I hugged you, girl!

Real Life Sarah´s last post…Fresh Ideas for Greener Living

6. Mary @ Holy Mackerel August 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM #

I so wish I was at BlogHer this year, because I SO wanted to meet YOU. Glad you had a wonderful time, despite all that noise! :o )

7. crunchy domestic goddess (amy) August 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM #

it was soooo good to finally meet you and give you a big hug. xo!

8. ThePeachy1 August 9, 2010 at 2:09 PM #

You did NYC right. I am sure the big apple was a little bit more shiny because you were there. As far as Pete. I am totally waiting on pics of this for proof he wasn’t unconscious.

9. Ellen August 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM #

Those parties were kinda overrated, I had a much better time meeting you and other bloggers out in the hallway. Though somehow, I did not see your bewbs or get to talk with them. Thanks for keeping it light at the grief panel. I figured I’d cry but as always, you made me smile. And, yeah, Peter is all sorts of awesome.

Ellen´s last post…I went to BlogHer and all I got was this New York City fireman

10. cindy w August 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM #

Loved, loved, loved getting to steal you away for a while. (And a big thank you to Peter for letting us!) You were awesome. Hope I get to see you again soon. xoxo

11. guarros August 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM #

I didn’t get to meet you personally this weekend – but I watched as you were surrounded by love. Next time, I’ll be sure to make my presence be known. But like today, delurking as I am, know that there are MORE than you could even know that support you & your family in thoughts, prayers and love in person and from afar.

Oh yes and I concur – Peter rocks the house as well, as he should. A rock star wife needs a rock star husband.

12. Scary Mommy August 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM #

You were amazing, are amazing and forever will be amazing. But, next time? I want more of you.

13. Wanda August 9, 2010 at 12:31 PM #

So glad you guys had a great time!

Wanda´s last post…Working It Out

14. Angella August 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM #

It was SO GOOD to hug you!

Angella´s last post…Let’s Start At The End

15. Adventures In Babywearing August 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM #

So proud of you.

Steph

Adventures In Babywearing´s last post…begonia skies

16. Melinda August 9, 2010 at 10:20 AM #

I always knew you could do it *smoochies and hugs*

17. Janet Isserlis August 9, 2010 at 10:08 AM #

well done, you. so glad it worked out, you went, you’re home safely

you give us faith
    and hope
    in good ways

18. Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} August 9, 2010 at 10:02 AM #

I loved meeting you. Thanks for not junk punching me. :)

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher}´s last post…Blocks

19. Swiggy August 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM #

It must’ve been nice to get away. Glad you had a great time!

20. Miss Banshee August 9, 2010 at 9:47 AM #

Babydoll, hugging you was the highlight of my weekend. I just never wanted to let go. I love you so much, sweetpea.

Miss Banshee´s last post…You Are Honored and Privileged To Get This Blog Entry

21. Twenty Four At Heart August 9, 2010 at 8:44 AM #

And you were awesome! So glad I got to meet you AND Peter. I told you I’d try to be better at commenting so here I am. Waving, hugging and smiling at you through cyberspace!

22. Julie Ellis August 9, 2010 at 6:56 AM #

And you rocked it! So awesome.

23. Cort August 9, 2010 at 5:30 AM #

I’m glad you made it home ok… and that Peter didn’t melt in the sea of estrogen!

Cort´s last post…Happy 6 months!

24. Maggie, dammit August 9, 2010 at 12:10 AM #

I gotta say, it was great to meet Peter. I can’t even imagine what that conference looked like to him. Talk about an official welcome to blogging!

And, you. You held court like a queen. I am sorry I planted so many kisses on your face. No I’m not.

Love you.

Maggie, dammit´s last post…And then you can go back to your licking your peach juice and changing worlds with your words

25. Molly August 8, 2010 at 11:57 PM #

Loved seeing you again and meeting Peter!!! You two holding hands during the panel was so cute. Also, I got to see your bewbs again! I missed that sumptuous anissa cleavage.

26. Haley-O (Cheaty) August 8, 2010 at 10:34 PM #

I was so happy to see you at BlogHer, and then to hear you and Peter speak at your session. You are amazing. xoxo

Haley-O (Cheaty)´s last post…Cheaty Goes to BlogHer- NYC!

27. Brandy August 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM #

Sounds like you had so much fun at BlogHer! Am so happy you were able to attend!

28. Allison Zapata August 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM #

Was a pleasure to meet you both!! XOXO

29. Danielle Smith August 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM #

Seeing your beautiful face? Meeting Peter? Touching the evidence of your heart, soul and strength? Pure heaven and most definitely a highlight. I can’t get enough of you.

30. Rachel August 8, 2010 at 10:16 PM #

Honestly, Gd is good.

I don’t think they could of had BlogHer without you, so thanks for saving the blogosphere. :)

31. Ivy August 8, 2010 at 10:14 PM #

This post made me smile….VERY BIG!! So happy for you Anissa. XOXO

32. Varda (SquashedMom) August 8, 2010 at 9:58 PM #

I was delighted to meet you and so glad you could come. You rock our world regularly. And in my book you’re the BlogHer10 queen of deadpan humor.

Varda (SquashedMom)´s last post…Look- Ma- Im going to BlogHer

33. Hamlet's Mistress August 8, 2010 at 9:54 PM #

I’m so glad you guys got there and I can’t wait to hear all the stories!!!

Hamlet’s Mistress´s last post…I Can Hear the Banjos Already

34. AmazingGreis August 8, 2010 at 9:47 PM #

I heard you rocked Blogher10!!! So proud of you and Peter! So glad to call you a friend. Still bummed I wasn’t there to hug you in person…hopefully we can rectify that soon!!! XOXO

AmazingGreis´s last post…New York State of Mind…

35. Elsa August 8, 2010 at 9:43 PM #

looking fwd to reading about your experiences up there

36. Kyooty August 8, 2010 at 9:33 PM #

I’m so glad you got yourselves there as a team! :)

37. Musings of a Housewife August 8, 2010 at 9:28 PM #

It was awesome to see you smile. And I agree, your husband IS a rock star. :-)

38. mommabird2345 August 8, 2010 at 9:26 PM #

So happy you had a great weekend! Yay for fun times. :)