being troll-eriffic

I told people at my panel that I had a fool-proof method for dealing with trolls.

It’s called the “Delete” button.

It works every time.

Until you’re in a wheelchair and can’t get to your computer in a decent amount of time.

And a troll sits there.

And you have to deal with it.

And you get email after email telling you that someone talked smack about you.

They could at least have the nerve to talk smack about me correctly.

Cause THAT is important.

13 Responses to being troll-eriffic

1. Kristin September 30, 2010 at 2:33 PM #

Trolls suck and I delete them too!

Kristin´s last post…Winner Winner Winner!

2. Adventures In Babywearing September 30, 2010 at 10:58 AM #

I would not engage and delete, too, but I think it might be on a case by case basis, too. It does feel good to call them out once in a while, and then it’s fun to torture them by ignoring them, too. I know in my heart, though, that words DO hurt, heck- words are my weapon and my solace, so I know their power. I hate that anyone would take the time to be hurtful to you here, in YOUR place.

Steph

Adventures In Babywearing´s last post…Ivys New Shoes

3. Stef September 30, 2010 at 8:23 AM #

I have to say this. I hope you will really seriously take this into consideration. In the past I have made online comments that I hoped would spark a strong response. I was wanting to stir the pot. I thought the person in question needed to reconsider their point of view. I thought they needed to take a long look in the mirror…and then make a change. I was ready for them to freak out…and bad mouth me. That’s what I was aiming for.

Then, in a surprise twist of events……..they totally IGNORED my post. They never even responded to me. Neither did anyone else on their blog comment thread. TOTALLY ignored me!

It left me feeling small and silly. I thought, “wow, they must be much more mature and busy than I…they must be much more evolved than I…they must have better things to do with their time.” That’s really how it made me feel.

I will share with you my best friend’s mantra for coping with all types of rude, obnoxious and mean people. “Do Not Engage” Just ignore them. It is more powerful than you will ever imagine!

4. Lucretia Pruitt September 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM #

See now… I feel kind of like the level of troll indicates the level of success I’m having. When I have the really *entertaining* trolls, it usually means I’m being noticed. When I have the “too dumb to live” trolls I kind of feel like it’s time to step up my game. :)

5. Lisa September 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM #

I thought we had left all that drama behind in high school? Trolls? Picture them naked with multicolored hair. Helps me.

6. Vanessa September 29, 2010 at 1:24 PM #

What if your related to the troll, cause ive tried really hard to delete my mother inlaw and it doesnt seem to be working.

• kat September 29, 2010 at 8:56 PM #

LOL!!!!

7. Hamlet's Mistress September 29, 2010 at 1:04 PM #

Rest assured there’s a special place in hell for people who would say mean things to or about you. Like what the hell? I would use a different approach from “Delete”… I would use “Publish” that way we can all publicly crucify them… anonymous or not.

HM

Hamlet’s Mistress´s last post…Yeah- I totally slacker-ed it up yesterday…

8. Cheryl Phillips September 29, 2010 at 12:46 PM #

Trolls sometimes make us stronger. Their comments are a clear indication that their real name is not “Anonymous”…it’s “Coward.” Rock on, young lady.

9. mapsgirl September 29, 2010 at 11:46 AM #

Bye bye trolls!

mapsgirl´s last post…its worth the drive to burlington!

10. natalie September 29, 2010 at 11:32 AM #

right on sister!

11. GuiltySquid September 29, 2010 at 11:31 AM #

Shit. Does this mean I have to stop peeking in your windows at night?

I do love the graphic! You tell ‘em.

12. Miss Grace September 29, 2010 at 11:30 AM #