oh yeah, i’m ready for some football

There is something so basic and primal that it doesn’t take take thought.

It just is.

It can go beyond we know we want to what we need.

Football season.

My husband has thrown himself headfirst into it.

Life as we knew as it came to a screaming, painful halt for fantasy football draft weekend.

The man who will forget his daughter’s first grade play can remember which player grew up in New York, went to college at U of Southern Ca, played second string quarterback in middle school, was drafted at which number, had a hangnail when, and suffered a pulled groin muscle when. His dog had puppies in last June too.

Seven of them.

Four females, three males.

Mother’s name is Blue.

He got her in college.

Did I tell you my husband forgot to put away his socks last weeks?

Yeah.

14 Responses to oh yeah, i’m ready for some football

1. pq January 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM #

This is a VERY late reply because I just found your blog and am reading straight throught, but…

HEY, I’m married to that guy, too!

2. Kristafied September 13, 2010 at 9:26 PM #

When did my husband move into your house? :)

(Go Giants!)

3. Lisa Rae @ Smacksy September 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM #

I love marriage season.

4. Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] September 13, 2010 at 9:57 AM #

I love me some football, but I draw the line at remembering any details for longer than the 30 seconds it takes to tell me about them.

Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing]´s last post…Happiness is

5. Shirley September 13, 2010 at 9:56 AM #

LOL! I think millions of homes are seeing conversations just like this! My daughter came up to me yesterday just as Sunday Night Football was starting and said, “Mommy, don’t we need to go shopping or something? You know, to just get out of the house?” She’s 8 and she knows what’s going to start happening.

Shirley´s last post…A Swift Kick In The Pants

6. Jennifer June September 13, 2010 at 9:43 AM #

Parent-Teacher night at school.
    The teacher explains the upcoming curriculum.
    My husband: “Wow! That’s a lot of work for kindergarten!”
    The teacher less than gently reminds him that our daughter is in grade two and I die of embarrassment.
    Good times.

Jennifer June´s last post…Love me- A quest for friendship on the Metro

• Mike P. September 13, 2010 at 10:07 AM #

Wow wow…. and I thought I was bad ’cause I occasionally forget her teacher’s name. Just once in a while. Usually, I’m good with that.

7. Kristin September 13, 2010 at 9:38 AM #

I am very amused by that level of obsession…but, I’m almost as bad with college basketball.

Kristin´s last post…Blessed are the atheists

8. Erin September 13, 2010 at 9:31 AM #

Oi. I will never understand the male species obsession with football.

Let alone understand the game of football.

Goodluck making it through the season :P

Erin´s last post…Forever Ruined

• Anissa Mayhew September 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM #

Oh the game can be good!

It’s the pre-game, post-game, mid-week-check-ups, day-before-analysis.

9. Susie September 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM #

I’m laughing at Anissa’s post, only to laugh harder seeing Peter’s reply! Go Mayhews! Now go get tomorrow, Anissa…

10. Peter Mayhew September 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM #

Who made it to church, returned a purchase, took a daughter shopping, bought groceries and took you to get glasses and starbucks?

Just checking.

• Anissa Mayhew September 12, 2010 at 11:36 PM #

Who got you the purchase in the first place?
      Who cooks the groceries?
      Who remembered the daughter had to shop for a big day at school?
      You only got me Starbucks because you got some too.
      We were crazy late to church.

But yeah, I did drag you all for glasses. For hours.

11. AmazingGreis September 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM #

I love football season!!!

AmazingGreis´s last post…Are you ready…