sometimes progress can be measured in shrimp

Shrimp and Grits.

The meal I had at the first dinner I ate out alone in ten months.

I went and talked in an environment it was hard to hear.

I saw and met freinds in lighting that was lousy.

It was awesome.

We laughed.

We talked.

We tweeted.

It just felt wrong to think that a few months ago I was in a hospital bed and they were unsure of my fate.

Last night my fate felt sure.

It felt very sure.

(All pictures are provided by Mishelle Lane Photography and if you ask nice you can have her work her magic all over you!)

14 Responses to sometimes progress can be measured in shrimp

1. Molly September 6, 2010 at 10:51 PM #

You still make each person feel like they’re the only person in the room. You are so attentive. You are an amazing lady. I loved hanging out with you at BlogHer. I freaking adore you woman.

Also, your boobs. Because I love them too.

2. mommabird2345 September 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM #

So glad you had a great time. :)

3. Karin September 5, 2010 at 11:11 AM #

Fantastic! Now I need to find some shrimp…I’m hungry!

Karin´s last post…The Newcomer

4. Guilty Squid September 5, 2010 at 11:02 AM #

Basically? You’re full of awesome.

You have proven to me, beyond all measure, that I am the only one who controls my destiny. It doesn’t matter the odds, doesn’t matter what experts say, it doesn’t matter how bleak the outlook.

You’re a rockstar, for reals.

5. Karl September 5, 2010 at 10:30 AM #

Glad you had a great time. One of these days I’ll get my tail up to Atlanta myself.

Karl´s last post…Chickety China the Chinese Chicken

6. Adventures In Babywearing September 5, 2010 at 8:54 AM #

Oh I wish I could have been there! You are living the answer to our prayers way back when. We wanted you to live. You did. I haven’t stopped praying for it to get even better every day.

Steph

Adventures In Babywearing´s last post…Yard Sale

7. Kristin September 5, 2010 at 12:39 AM #

The only thing more spectacular than the shrimp and grits is you getting to experience that night!

Kristin´s last post…PHOTO FRIDAY- Buttons

8. Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) September 4, 2010 at 9:24 PM #

Hooray! :)

9. Muskrat September 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM #

Damn right, it was a good day.

So glad you helped put this together. So glad to get to meet folks in my home town who are plugged in online. So glad to see you out and about again in the ATL!

10. Coal Miner's Granddaughter September 4, 2010 at 8:56 PM #

The shrimp and grits were amazing… but not as amazing as getting to see you again, and talk, and know that you’re back.

Love you, hon!

Coal Miner’s Granddaughter´s last post…The Gray Man Walks

11. Monica (peapodsquadmom) September 4, 2010 at 8:55 PM #

yay! so glad you had such a great evening with friends. and shrimp and grits? yummers!!

Monica (peapodsquadmom)´s last post…The Latest in Yard Decor or You May Be a Redneck if…

12. carma September 4, 2010 at 8:51 PM #

looks like a spectacular evening – for a second there I thought you were meaning everyone was on their phones instead of talking. Good friends who are there through thick and thin and shrimp and grits rock!

carma´s last post…Marilyn Manson Angels – The Big Reveal

13. Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) September 4, 2010 at 8:49 PM #

Here’s to shrimp in a loud, poorly lit restaurant!
    (Wish I’d been there… except I’d pass on the shrimp.)

Susan (5 Minutes for Mom)´s last post…Setting Boundaries – at School and Home

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Inspiration: Anissa Mayhew, Stroke Survivor, Aims for Honesty « Mom it Forward - May 10, 2011

[...] titles like “I Shouldn’t Have Traded Those Stem Cells for Pizza Rolls” and “Sometimes Progress Can Be Measured in Shrimp.” By the time you visit AimingLow, a site where she and her contributors “strive for [...]