sometimes you need to go blind to see

Rachael sat on my glasses.

My mom would turn red at the curses that mentally came out of me at having crooked lenses and arm pieces that snagged my hair.

I went to BlogHer.  I wore them every day. I ate at a Atlanta meet-up.

I finally couldn’t stand it anymore. They were crooked and they were cloudy.

I felt bad considering I’d just gotten these glasses, my first pair, a few months ago.

Practically new.

The appointment took hours.  I had the full eye exam, complete with whining kids and snapping parents. Pete helped me pick a pair of frames.

He had to help me pick a pair.

First, I couldn’t see at all with the glasses with no leses.

Second, the eye doctor gave me news I had to digest.

My vision was improving.

The left eye that didn’t move had started to move. That was HUGE news.

It was what they had said would happen.

My vision was slowly healing with the exercises and training.

It was working.

I got my new glasses.  With their new lenses.

And new prescriptions.

The hope inside me that I’ll be back in a few months.

That I’ll need a new pair of glasses then.

19 Responses to sometimes you need to go blind to see

1. Jess September 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM #

So excited for you. Seriously. I’m all Grinny McSmilerson over here :)

Jess´s last post…gussika- @patrr Crossing my fingers and toes for you! -

2. Jennifer September 15, 2010 at 3:23 PM #

It is always pleasant to see hard work paying off. Good for you and I hope that it keeps improving!!!

Jennifer´s last post…Wordless Wednesday – Need I Say More

3. Jessica September 15, 2010 at 12:23 PM #

Oh I love hearing this. Love it love it love it. And just think, you can have different frames every time your kid breaks your glasses. And then the day will come – no more glasses.

And the time will come. No more wheelchair.

4. Lynn @ Walking With Scissors September 15, 2010 at 12:14 PM #

I literally got the chills reading this. I’m so, SO happy for you! All of your hard work is paying off. You’re a beast, woman!! Nothing can keep you down.

Lynn @ Walking With Scissors´s last post…Something’s a little off with this dynamic…

5. little big / exlibris September 15, 2010 at 12:11 PM #

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME.

6. Shana Dumblond September 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM #

I’m glad there was an upside to getting your glasses broken! Hooray for healing!

7. Melisa with one s September 15, 2010 at 8:18 AM #

THIS makes me so happy!!!

Melisa with one s´s last post…Keeping Their Word

8. Bella September 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM #

Soon you can give “Evil Eyes” to all deserving!

9. Ivy September 14, 2010 at 11:35 PM #

I just love to hear about your progress! That you’re seeing better is such good news!

Ivy´s last post…PPD Nah- It Could Never Happen To Me…Or So I Thought

10. Susie September 14, 2010 at 11:33 PM #

What awesome news, Anissa! I’m sooo happy for you. You simply rock with all your hard work–day in and day out. There’s no stopping you. Yep, in a few months, you’ll need a new prescription. Count on it! Now go get tomorrow (like you always do!)…

11. Kristin September 14, 2010 at 11:09 PM #

Truly incredible news!

Kristin´s last post…Blessed are the atheists

12. Julie Presley September 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM #

This was like sunshine to me in the midst of our rainy day. I’m really excited for you :)

13. Traci September 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM #

Well then everything happens for a reason huh? Good thing Rachel sat on your glasses :) xoxo

• Annie from Oregon September 15, 2010 at 2:58 AM #

That is exactly what sped through my mind too, Traci. God is in charge of ‘even’ the little things. Anissa, you found out pronto what only God knew cause He wants to encourage you. Yay for Rachel =o)

14. Al_Pal September 14, 2010 at 8:45 PM #

Brilliant. Twas so lovely to see you at BlogHer. *HUGS*

Al_Pal´s last post…Sensitivity- I have it

15. Jess September 14, 2010 at 8:43 PM #

I’m glad your vision is improving! I’m sorry you have to keep changing glasses though!

I wore glasses from the time I was 6-28. I recently had lasik eye surgery on August 4th of this year. When I had my glasses my brother and I were wrestling and he sat on my head and bent my glasses. Boy was my mom steamed. And once I was taking my glasses off before a shower, they snapped in half, one half in the toilet, the other half shot across the bathroom floor. I had to tape the glasses up and wear them at night, contacts during the day, until I could get a new pair. I’m glad I had the lasik surgery, I still can’t drive well at night, I see bad halo’s on the car headlights (which should go away after 2-3 months) and it makes me nervous. Other than that pretty decent. I say a prayer every night for you. Every step is a good step!

16. Lizard Breath September 14, 2010 at 8:38 PM #

Guess it worked out that your daughter smooshed your glasses otherwise you might not have found out. Progress is phenomenal! Don’t give up!

Lizard Breath´s last post…Yep- thats my girl!

17. Jen L. September 14, 2010 at 8:24 PM #

YEE FREAKIN’ HAW!!!!! :) This is very happy news. On a completely unrelated note, I traveled to your town this past weekend for work. It was lovely.

Jen L.´s last post…Comfort Food Saturday- BEYOND THE PASTA