we have the sick

I live in the house of plague.

I have been through the worst cold ever.

My nose was throbbing.

I felt dizzy.

My throat had two spots that ached each time I thought about swallowing.

I learned how drunk Nyquil could make you.

(A lot, in case you were wondering.)

I was torn between thinking I would die and hoping I would die.

The kids weren’t allowed near me.

Pete said goodnight from the door.

I went to bed really early and bypassed this blog.

Trust me, you’re glad, I was so sick you could have gotten sick just from reading.

This morning I was feeling a little better.  I could already feel the throat improving and the nose was normal sized.

“Mom, I don’t feel good.”

I looked to see Nathaniel with a look of misery that was all too familiar.

I would have been sick all over again if he could have never suffered this.

My poor boy.

6 Responses to we have the sick

1. Judy October 29, 2010 at 11:15 AM #

I hope you both feel better soon!

2. domestic extraordinaire October 29, 2010 at 12:34 AM #

We are finally healthy at our house, or so I thought. The Chicken was complaining of a sore throat before bed and she had no voice….ACK!!

domestic extraordinaire´s last post…Christmas Cards for Me and You Too!!!

3. Kristin October 28, 2010 at 3:01 PM #

Damn, I’m sorry it got passed on. It sounds miserable.

Kristin´s last post…These were a few of my favorite things

4. Lorrian October 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM #

We have “teh sick” at our house, too! I just got over it when the hubby came down with it. He’s the sweetest man in the world, except when in the grip of teh sick.

Word of advice…grapefruit seed extract. Tastes dreadful, but the natural antiseptic properties scrubbed me clean in a week…instead of my cold turning into a sinus infection. (oversharing?)

Feel better, Mayhew family! xoxoxoxoxo

5. Hamlet's Mistress October 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM #

The black death just exited our home a couple days ago and it is NOT welcome back. I did think I was going to die and it’s usually my husband who gets all drama queen when he’s sick. HOWEVER, I exclusively used a different brand of cough drops. More powerful, more concentrated. Yeah, I spend the last week of my sickness also nauseas and vomiting and all other kinds of nastiness from… menthol overdose. Seriously.

HM

Hamlet’s Mistress´s last post…Common Sense vs. Testosterone

6. Jayne October 28, 2010 at 10:27 AM #

We had flu (you know, the kind which makes you say “Wow, I always used to say I had flu, but you know you’ve never had flu until you actually get flu”) Christmas 2008, which was my daughters first ever Christmas.

My husband got it first, then me, then our girl. We had to cut out of Christmas dinner at my M-I-L’s house early, and Edith ended up in hospital with a fever of about 102 on Christmas day night. Taking care of a baby who has flu, when you have flu, really is the pits.

I totally sympathise and agree that family-wide plague is the worse ever.

Jayne´s last post…Facebook is making me die inside.