relaunching belief in myself

I am so proud of the re-launch of Aiming Low.

It was amazing to see the new team of writers all come together.

It felt good to have that rush of accomplishment again.

Having brilliant minds come together for a common purpose.

Staring at the blank slate.

Wondering if I really wanted that challenge.

Feeling myself soar when I was able to meet that challenge head-on.

When have I ever taken the easy route?

Knowing what was a really cool thing little more than a year ago, became a hurdle of epic proportions a month ago.

Now?

Sitting in my wheelchair, handicaps and disabilities forgotten as I see that hurdle shrinking every day.

16 Responses to relaunching belief in myself

1. jessica December 8, 2010 at 12:14 PM #

I’m thrilled to see you back both for selfish and unselfish reasons, I confess.

I love you kid!

J.

2. Jennifer December 7, 2010 at 5:47 PM #

the new Aiming Low? GREAT! Congratulations, and there are tons of us who can’t wait to watch it grow. :)

Jennifer´s last post…Mii amo Spa- The Ultimate Stress Buster

3. Sherry Carr-Smith December 7, 2010 at 4:48 PM #

You did an amazing job of relaunching yourself and Aiming Low. Congratulations!

Sherry Carr-Smith´s last post…A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thanksgiving

4. mommabird2345 December 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM #

The new site looks great! You should be very proud. :)

5. domestic extraordinaire December 7, 2010 at 10:28 AM #

You rock my friend and I am honored to be part of the new team at Aiming Low.

domestic extraordinaire´s last post…Pineapples arent just a fruit

6. Hollee Temple December 7, 2010 at 10:11 AM #

Congrats, Anissa! You are all the inspiration I need to keep on keeping on today. Thank you for writing this.

Hollee Temple´s last post…Talk-Back Tuesday- Do Children Lose Out When We Multitask

7. Kristin December 7, 2010 at 9:57 AM #

This makes me very happy!

Kristin´s last post…Return to the land of the living

8. Aimee Giese | Greeblemonkey December 7, 2010 at 1:04 AM #

You are my hero.

9. Michelle December 6, 2010 at 11:21 PM #

You are amazing. I love Aiming Low :)

Michelle´s last post…Just Let Me Breathe

10. Amanda December 6, 2010 at 10:58 PM #

You make big things happen.

Amanda´s last post…Bearing Witness

11. Julia Roberts December 6, 2010 at 10:57 PM #

I believe. I’m so proud to know you and call you my friend.

Plus, you have a great rack.

12. Sharon Heg December 6, 2010 at 10:50 PM #

Congrats on Aiming Low’s resurgence! I’ve been looking forward to it.

Sharon Heg´s last post…Repeat Patient

13. The Maven December 6, 2010 at 10:40 PM #

Hey chick,

We don’t know each other, like, at all, but I follow you on Twitter and you follow me, and I think you’re damn funny and brave. In fact, you might even be slightly more awesome than I am, which I’ll probably never admit again outside this post :P I started following your progress while you were in the hospital, but kept following because I love your writing – past and present – and I really like the essence of YOU. That will never go away, no matter what life throws at you. Despite momentous hurdles, you are still Anissa, and she has a good soul. I think. You know, from what I can tell. In that stalkerish, internet way… ((hugs))

The Maven´s last post…I like to Smell Old Food a gluten-free update

14. Molly December 6, 2010 at 10:37 PM #

Congratulations. Something to be proud of for sure. I look forward to seeing what you all do.

Molly´s last post…A way in which I am unlike myself

15. Leslie December 6, 2010 at 10:37 PM #

Keep on doing what you’re doing. You and the other writers at Aiming Low are giving us new bloggers a pretty high bar to jump which elevates the quality of writing everywhere on the web. Keep it up.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention relaunching belief in myself -- Topsy.com - December 6, 2010

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Anissa Mayhew, Amanda Knox. Amanda Knox said: RT @AnissaMayhew: I WROTE THIS: relaunching belief in myself http://freeanissa.com/2010/12/relaunching-belief-in-myself/ [...]