Before I had the strokes I was always critical my pictures. This one showed my double chins. That one made my smile look weird. Hair askew. Zits wonky. Roll you could see. Then I had my strokes. My pictures are never about my skin, food in my teeth, little imperfections. I capture moments. I remember [...]
I’m home. Back from Nashville and the Blissdom conference. It was just fabulous and I wish I had the time to list each every person that made it more amazing than I could have ever anticipated. The roomates that made me crack me up all night. And all day too. The fellow-panelists that make being [...]
A woman had a stroke Her husband handled the kids the best he could. The time went by as the woman was in a coma. People prayed. Hoped. Gave strength. Gave of themselves. Gave what they could. While they wait. It all feels and sounds so familiar. It is Joanne and Tobien Heim’s story. It [...]
I’m packing my bags again (actually on time, this round). I’m headed to Nashville with my friend Robin P. You have yet to be with someone funnier. I brought extra extra panties, just in case. We are going to a conference called Blissdom. I was asked to speak on a panel. In 2009 Blissdom was [...]
I’m not crooked the whole time. i swear. Don’t ask me why I start that way.
Trolls can hurt any time they take what you say the wrong way. To be honest I have a certain amount of words to use. I CAN’T answer each person the way I’d like. Then to see my friends Catherine and Tanis going through these struggles with CHILDREN, it makes my blood boil. Because I [...]
It’s not the easiest thing being in a wheelchair but I try not to complain because it’s better than the alternative. Then I go into a place that doesn’t just NOT accommodate handicap people, it seems to be totally unaware of how crappy their setup truly is. Welcome to Mattress Firm To make sure you [...]
I’ve been very blessed that what happened with me has been made into something people can care about. There are a lot of people going through this recovery fight and I’ve felt that telling the absolute truth about this is the least I can do to tell part of their story. This post is about [...]
I got interviewed for the magazine Shepherd Hospital publishes. Shepherd Center is the hospital that helped me get home. There outpatient program at Pathways was a huge part of my therapy progress. Yeah, I have a LONG way to go. To getting better. Not to a casket. I’m well enough to be writing my story. [...]
With all the crap I’ve had to deal with THIS feels almost vain. When I’m in a wheelchair full-time and live with only one fully functional side,it seems silly to get crabby about my weight. I should be glad just to be alive. I am I should be happy that I’m with my family and [...]
I’m home. I had to leave San Jose and the fabulous friends there. The weather guy did his best to scare the crap out of us. SNOWPOCALYPSE was coming. It was the end of the universe. So we packed our bags and got on a plane and played let’s-beat-the-snow-to-Atlanta. I won this round. I’m glad [...]
I have been so very lucky in the opportunities coming my way. Not too long ago I was asked if I had a child in the age range that Invisalign was looking for. I did. They asked if we were interested in Nathaniel having these braces as a blogging job. Because of the medical bills [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- www.eriksentrust.co.za: Hello there I am so grateful I found your webpage,...
- coach handbags values game: I used to be recommended this blog through my cous...
- StephaineX: Hi blogger i see you don't earn on your page. You...
- original: I used to be extremely pleased to locate this site...
- Carol: Remarkable issues here. I am very glad to peer you...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014