capturing forever

Before I had the strokes I was always critical my pictures.

This one showed my double chins.

That one made my smile look weird.

Hair askew.

Zits wonky.

Roll you could see.

Then I had my strokes.

My pictures are never about my skin, food in my teeth, little imperfections.

I capture moments.

I remember love.

I come close to the feeling of hugs.

I put laughter on film.

That’s what I’ll remember long after the rest.

12 Responses to capturing forever

1. Kristin February 6, 2011 at 11:05 PM #

ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!

Kristin´s last post…What color are you

2. karen February 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM #

Anissa, you are an inspiration!…and… a reminder to me to shut the h*ll up about the stupid little things… like not liking the way I look in pictures. You captured what it should really be all about perfectly. Thank you.

There is a family I read about on another blog that could sure use your inspiration. I wonder if you’ve heard about them already… I’ll attach a link here. They are just at the beginning of their journey, very similar story to yours…

THis is the husband’s twitter that gives more updates.

karen´s last post…When Men Bake Cookies

3. Catch the Kids February 1, 2011 at 5:52 AM #

What a lovely bunch of moments. They have all the necessary ingredients – laughter, hugs, friendship and a minibar. Beautiful.

Catch the Kids´s last post…Project 365- Day 28

4. DogsDontPurr February 1, 2011 at 2:32 AM #

Good Lord….you are such an inspiration! I am partially crippled, and every day can seem like I’m trying to move boulders uphill in the rain. When I read all the stuff you are getting out and doing, I realize I have nothing to whine about.

Can I just have one tenth of a half percent of you energy?

You rock!!!

DogsDontPurr´s last post…Fourty Three

5. mommabird2345 February 1, 2011 at 12:33 AM #

I love the pictures!! Looks like you had an amazing time. :)

6. Brigid January 31, 2011 at 9:52 PM #

I think all of those photos are pretty fantastic.. I’m working on the whole self-image thing this year too. Double chins be damned.

7. ThePittsofBeingPeachy January 31, 2011 at 8:14 PM #

NIce. you know your still hot as hell in each of those. and alas I am jealous as I sit here in the sticks contemplating ramen or beefaroni.

ThePittsofBeingPeachy´s last post…WARNINGTHE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH! BREAKING NEWS !

8. Shannan January 31, 2011 at 6:34 PM #

You are beautiful. And that “I” word that only Chris is allowed to say.

Shannan´s last post…Mamavation Monday – Back On Track

9. Suebob January 31, 2011 at 6:02 PM #

I think it is funny how I always look at photos with me in them and think how awful I look, while everyone else looks beautiful to me. I’m working on that this year – the end of self-hatred.

Suebob´s last post…I’m about to make you feel better about yourself

• Peter Mayhew February 2, 2011 at 10:06 AM #

I think that’s natural. I do the same thing. Can’t stand to have my picture taken.

Peter Mayhew´s last post…Milestones

10. rachel January 31, 2011 at 6:01 PM #

AMEN

Love you
    LOVE

rachel´s last post…Souper Mouthwatering Monday

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention capturing forever  | #FreeAnissa -- Topsy.com - January 31, 2011

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Anissa Mayhew, Anissa Mayhew, Sharon DeVellis, Pam Dillon, Esther Bartkiw and others. Esther Bartkiw said: great post and pictures RT @AnissaMayhew: I WROTE THIS: capturing forever – http://bit.ly/fRQE7A [...]