not all trolls live under bridges

Trolls can hurt any time they take what you say the wrong way.

To be honest I have a certain amount of words to use. I CAN’T answer each person the way I’d like.

Then to see my friends Catherine and Tanis going through these struggles with CHILDREN, it makes my blood boil.

Because I would happily take this handicap if it meant that no kids would face a life of aisles they can’t maneuver or watching from a wheelchair when they’d do anything to play.

But I can’t.

To make these issues about something as simple as money is unbelievable.

To the person that said I can just “hobble around” areas my chair won’t fit: NO, I CAN’T.

Maybe i was overly enthusiastic when I used the word “walked”.

It doesn’t mean that I’m not still in my wheelchair after the exercise.

It doesn’t mean I’m not still paralyzed.

It doesn’t mean I have an easy life.

I still work my butt off.

The half I can feel.

Ask my therapists. My husband. My doctors. My parents. My friends.

I’ve come a loooooong way from the hospital bed.

I still have a loooooong way to go.

But I’m already farther in my heart than those trolls will ever be.

, ,

20 Responses to not all trolls live under bridges

1. fbi copypasta November 29, 2011 at 2:53 AM #

Hiya very cool website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?I’m happy to find numerous useful information right here within the submit, we want develop extra techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

fbi copypasta´s last post…1

2. Adrienne January 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM #

Rock on.

Every fight for justice seems silly to some people. Those people can kiss my giant white ass.

3. The Domestic Goddess January 21, 2011 at 6:26 PM #

the haters can suck it. Seriously. I’m the first person to complain when a store isn’t ADA compliant and I’m not even in a wheelchair. You don’t have to explain to us.

4. GreenInOC January 19, 2011 at 7:54 PM #

I saw a real life Troll and he was about 6′ 4″.

My Dad and I were at a very large outdoor shopping center. A “street” performer started his act and we stopped to watch. We were the only ones watching so we were in the “front”.

Slowly a lot of people stopped as well. Then, the Troll decided to stop too. He worked his way through the crowd and stood right in front of my Dad – who was in a wheelchair. My Dad looked at me and I looked at him and without saying a word we communicated “Can you believe this f*#)’@ a##*)_@?!

I was HOT. I was tapping on his shoulder trying to get his attention when my Dad grabbed my jacket and when I turned around he just shook his head “no”. Now, I was REALLY pissed. My Dad wanted to suffer this indignity in silence and I wanted to kick some a##.

Then my Dad looked at me and said “Let’s go”.

He then, using his non paralyzed hand, powered his wheelchair forward. RIGHT into that Troll’s calves. The Troll stumbled forward and my Dad, playing the confused old man that wouldn’t care if you stood right in front of him, kept going. The guy would stumble forward, and my Dad would catch up and hit him again.

The Troll was pissed but then knew he couldn’t yell at a handicapped and clearly confused old man and then looked at me. I gave him a death glare. He just turned and limped away.

My Dad and I went around a corner and I nearly peed my pants as tears rolled down our faces from laughing so hard!!

5. Pam (writewrds) January 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM #

Fee fii foh fum… Hurtful trolls belong in the swamp under bridges.
    Keep on rolling, Anissa. There are lots of people rooting for you!

6. Kristin January 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM #

You totally rock and this post is a PERFECT example of why I love you.

Kristin´s last post…Random Shit and Nonsense

7. Moon HalloranLeady January 18, 2011 at 11:11 PM #

Oh my, how horrible can some people be? VERY horrible, is the correct answer for $1000 Alex, apparently. Gah…..

In my world we have something called the Law of Threefold ~ that which you send out will come back to you threefold ~ basically “what goes around comes around” ~

Karma has a way of dealing with people who deal only in negativity ~ worry not (but I’m sure it still hurts)

Karma also has a way of dealing with people work every minute of their waking hours to be as positive as possible and to find the good where most people see only yucky stuff.

Bright blessings to you, honey ~ feed not the trolls ~ let them poison themselves on their anger

You keep on rockin’ girl.

Moon HalloranLeady´s last post…The down side of working from home…sorta

8. Backpacking Dad January 18, 2011 at 9:10 PM #

Trolls are delicious.

Backpacking Dad´s last post…The Tassimo T20 Brewbot Coffeemaker Might Make Good Coffee- Review and Giveway

9. Angella January 18, 2011 at 1:36 PM #

Love you, lady. Let it all roll off of you. You rule. :)

Angella´s last post…Getting Back On Track

10. Barnmaven January 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM #

Oh, my effing lord, they said WHAT????

/facepalm

Man, Anissa, I’m sorry you have to deal with that kind of crap from stupid people.

Barnmaven´s last post…Um- NO

11. Dave2 January 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM #

I don’t even publish the comments left by obvious trolls anymore. It just gives them the attention that they seem to crave at any expense. So much easier to just scrape them off the bottom of my shoe like the slime they are and move on so I can forget about them entirely. I’m not convinced it’s the best way to deal with the problem… but it’s certainly the easiest.

12. CJ January 17, 2011 at 8:51 PM #

Oh, WTF is wrong with people? I spent a measly eight weeks on a scooter when I broke my leg. It was an eye-opening experience. I wasn’t able to drive… I went to see a play but couldn’t get to my seat because I couldn’t get down the stairs… my scooter kept wacking into walls and doorframes… I couldn’t fit into so many stores and other places… and that was only for eight weeks! I can’t imagine dealing with that AND not having use of both hands to boot. I don’t see how a person can lack empathy, compassion, and respect for someone in your position.

13. Faiqa January 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM #

I’m really at a loss in terms of understanding why certain people need to spread their negativity. If I don’t like something or am upset by it, do you know what I do? I click away, like a normal human being. I don’t stomp my feet and vomit my negativity all over everyone who does care or is invested in the topic. It’s mean and it’s stupid. I’m sorry that someone was too mean and stupid to offer you the very high level of respect you deserve.

Faiqa´s last post…Significance @missbritt

14. Suebob January 17, 2011 at 7:50 PM #

I thought it was so fascinating when Erin QofS told me that she had gotten much more hate and trolling from talking about her illness than she ever did about her outspoken politics. It shows me, as I suspected, that trolls prey on people when they are most vulnerable. They often do it under the guise of being “concerned” about some sort of possible injustice, but in reality they are just bullies who like to kick people when they are down.

Suebob´s last post…Brave Old Dogs

15. Bejewel January 17, 2011 at 7:44 PM #

Trolls can suck my balls. I mean, they could if I HAD balls. I kind of want to GROW some balls, just so the trolls can suck them.

So proud of you and all that you’ve accomplished. You rock.

Bejewel´s last post…Well- At Least My Bangs Are Clean

16. ThePeachy1 January 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM #

NO doubt about it sister. You being awake CHECK, You being able to communicate at all? CHECK, You being able to get around at all, even if it is on some hot wheels, CHECK, you being you, with your heart, your mind, your sarcasm, your love, your friendship DOUBLE FREAK AWESOME CHECK with a combined fist pump and booby shake ! Love ya , mean it, and sorry for your friends.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Read these posts. Because I said so. Second Edition. | Snuggle Wasteland - January 21, 2011

[...] Surely you’re heard of Anissa Mahew, the editor of Aiming Low. I loved her post, “not all trolls live under bridges”. [...]

2. Tweets that mention not all trolls live under bridges | #FreeAnissa -- Topsy.com - January 17, 2011

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Anissa Mayhew and Pam Dillon. Pam Dillon said: You're waaay waaay farther in your heart : ) RT @AnissaMayhew: I WROTE THIS: not all trolls live under bridges – http://bit.ly/fUjSNM [...]