letting tears out

I cried last night.

I was reorganizing my closet, there was stuff I needed to move that was out of my reach.

It hit me like a ton of bricks that I couldn’t reach a shelf my elementary schoolers could.

The frustration just washed over me.

There was no making it better by crying.

It didn’t stop the tears from coming.

Yeah, it’s better than the alternative.

I’m glad to be with the people I love most.

It doesn’t mean that I don’t hurt when faced with the reality of what I have to accept as life now.

It means that the hurt is there but I have learned to let those tears out and move on.

21 Responses to letting tears out

1. Sharon M February 28, 2011 at 8:51 AM #

A practical suggestion… perhaps a new closet layout is in order. Do you share the closet with your husband? I am thinking of a two-bar system where your husband’s clothing could be kept on the higher bar (and if you have shelves as well, he could place his items on the shelves you can’t reach and you could use the lower ones). There are plenty of places that offer custom closets — I don’t know what your budget is like but hopefully your family could add a custom closet to your budget (even if you have to save up for it).

I can empathise with your frustration; I have mobility and accessibility issues as well, although not as severe as yours, and there are days when I want to throw things. Big hug to you from a new commenter (and lurker for several months).

2. ThePeachy1 February 25, 2011 at 11:18 AM #

as always I sit back and love ya.

3. Angela February 24, 2011 at 6:49 PM #

I am glad you had a good cry. I hope you can have all the low places in the entire house as your own. Try not to keep the undies on the low shelf in the living room. Love you sis.

4. Cort February 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM #

Tears aren’t bad. I can’t imagine the little specks of frustration (let alone the huge blobs of it) that you encounter daily. You have to let that bad energy out.

XOXO *HUGS*

Cort´s last post…Im going to miss my bed

5. Kristin February 24, 2011 at 1:54 AM #

I wish I could give you a hug.

Kristin´s last post…Ooooooh My Gawd

6. Cherie from the Queen of Free February 24, 2011 at 12:01 AM #

Whew, you crying makes me realize that you are indeed human. I was beginning to wonder if you had been bit by a spider causing you to have superhuman powers. :) Your transparency is such a huge part of your beauty. thanks for being you.

Cherie from the Queen of Free´s last post…More than 50 off Royal Coupon Class on March 5th

7. Chicky Baby February 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM #

Wait. When did you cry, before or after we talked? Do I need to send you pictures of a half naked Ryan Reynolds, woman??

Yes, i clearly do.

(Love you. Let those tears fly if you need to.)

8. Adventures In Babywearing February 23, 2011 at 3:47 PM #

I’m so sorry. But yeah, let it out. I tried to be strong for my grandmother today and instead just fell apart into her arms. It’s hard.

Will I be hugging you at Blogher?

Steph

Adventures In Babywearing´s last post…I Think Youre Wonderful

• Anissa Mayhew February 23, 2011 at 5:03 PM #

Save me SEVERAL hugs!

9. neeroc February 22, 2011 at 11:21 PM #

Everyone needs a cathartic cry every now and then.

neeroc´s last post…Tidy up Tuesday – freecycle is my bff

10. Susan @ Sassafrassery February 22, 2011 at 9:53 PM #

You’re such an inspiration. Even to people you have no idea you affect (me). Keep at it, girl. You’re stronger than you know.

11. DesignHER Momma February 22, 2011 at 8:34 PM #

oh dear friend, tear are ok. tears are often part of healing.
    thank you so much for letting us in. I’ve never stopped praying for you.

DesignHER Momma´s last post…work- work- all week long

12. Penbleth February 22, 2011 at 6:12 PM #

I’m not surprised. You’ve been through so much. Accepting your present situation doesn’t mean you can’t wish for it to be different, or long for what you were.

Let the tears flow, then keep on going. There’s nothing wrong with allowing that emotion expression.

Penbleth´s last post…Having a disabled child and what you learn

13. Sara G February 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM #

Sending you hugs!! It does hurt and boy do I have moments where I cry. But we cry and move on. A good cry to let out frustration and then a breather. We can do this! This is a new way.

Sara G´s last post…Random Pictures

14. Cheri C February 22, 2011 at 5:42 PM #

I think it’s smart/healthy of you to acknowledge the pain. And like you said, cry and then move on. If you beat down the bad feelings, they’ll all come out in an ugly explosion anyway!!! (((hugs)))

Cheri C´s last post…Hit the road- Dickens

15. Kristen February 22, 2011 at 5:34 PM #

So sorry. I think it makes sense that you are grateful and grieving at the same time.

Kristen´s last post…finding our thing

16. Ann February 22, 2011 at 5:23 PM #

I call that my “and then I remember” moment. Hugs and so glad I got to see you at BlissDom.

Ann

Ann´s last post…My son- the cool one

17. Miss Britt February 22, 2011 at 5:15 PM #

Good for you for letting the tears out.

Miss Britt´s last post…On Becoming More Than Not My Mother

18. Grumble Girl February 22, 2011 at 5:13 PM #

You know in my mind I’m still hugging you and hugging you and hugging you… I’ve never stopped.

You never stop either, okay? Onward and upward, lady. We’re all behind you. Still. :)

xoxoxoxoxox

Grumble Girl´s last post…Nothing Says I love You Like Weapons of Mass Destruction

19. Frelle February 22, 2011 at 5:12 PM #

I’m sorry the realization hit you all over again, and I’m grateful that you decided to blog about it. Your resolve and endurance is as important as taking a moment to feel, and to not shove things down. *HUG*

Frelle´s last post…Is It Dark In Here Or Is It Just Me

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention letting tears out | #FreeAnissa -- Topsy.com - February 22, 2011

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by JennaFarelyn, Moms Who Blog. Moms Who Blog said: letting tears out http://dlvr.it/HK0h9 [...]